You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New feature - quiz!

DT

In an attempt to educate the users on this forum, we have set up a quiz to decide just how much people actually know about our manager.

The concept of the quiz is for the reader to guess what Gerard Houllier really did say.

1) AFTER PALACE

Option A

"This defeat may prove to be a blessing in disguise."

Option B

"I am very disappointed in my players and will be having strong words with them. This is by no means acceptable for Liverpool Football Club."

Option C

"I hereby resign from my position as Liverpool manager."

2) AFTER A DRAW AGAINST A CRAP SIDE

Option A

"We got what we deserved today. Several of the players I've brought to this club didn't perform to the standards of this club and I'm disappointed."

Option B

"I hereby resign from my position as Liverpool manager."

Option C

"We were desperately unlucky. I think we deserved to win the game."

3) WHEN CRITICISED OVER NOT USING ACADEMY PLAYERS

Option A

"Yes I know. I should probably have given a few of them more chances."

Option B

"If you are going to continue with that agenda, I will resign from my position immediately."

Option C

"Remember I discovered Steven Gerrard."

4) WHEN APPOINTED

Option A

"I will do my level best to try and achieve success with this club, but I can't make any promises regarding when we'll win the title."

Option B

"I have a 5 year plan."

Option C

"This is a great challenge and I am looking forward to it."

5) HESKEY

Option A

"He's let everyone at this club down and will not play any part in the club's future, I can tell you."

Option B

"He works hard for the team, many people don't recognise that."

Option C

"Emile who?"

(correct answers: A, C, C, B, B)

How many did you get?

0-1: You're a phone in fan and Gerard doesn't listen to you. At least he says he doesn't.

2-3: It's ok to be an OOT fan. Even Ged is.

4-5: Congratulations! You're the kind of fan Gerard truly appreciates.

Thank you for participating.

Hang on there.

It's a big part of his job to speak to the press, but it's not his job to take the piss out of the fans who paid to watch.

By continually defending Heskey, claiming to have discovered Gerrard (tell me who wouldn't - he even played him at right back), saying we deserved to win every game when we blatantly did not, going back on promises he wasn't forced to make, he is making life more difficult for himself.

He is doing that, not someone else. What about saying what is on everyone's mind after a defeat? This just isn't good enough etc. which is what we all want to hear.

All managers talk utter shite. Have you ever heard Whinger after a game (he sees fuck all anyway) or Slur Alex. The only difference is they won championships with their clubs, not that they don't talk rubbish.

Am sure if Ged had won a title he could talk about fairies flying to the moon (though Emile might be a bit big for a space suit) but we wouldn't give a fuck.