You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

dear liverpool number nine,

like all reds i think your one of the greatest players in the world and its fantastic that you play for the mighty reds and when your in form your a joy too watch fella! due too are shite owners its basically up too you and stevie to win us the league.but can i just raise a point that i feel you must address

after watching you for two tears,you seem too have developed a split personality that infuriates me,my dad and my fellow (red) mates.after the first 10 mins of a game,we can tell wether your "up for it" or "gonna be shite"!

i will use the spurs game as a great example of your "cant be arsed" performances......A)why do you lie motionless on the floor for 30 seconds every time your were tackled like youd broke your leg? why not get up off ya arse and chase back? does stevie,jamie and dare i say it it...shrekface lie on the deck like tarts? exactly! we scouses like people who fight and dont show any weakness to the opposistion! B)why do you constantly moan at the officials everytime your tackled? 90% of the time the tackles are fair and not fouls so instead of cryin just get on with it please fella!

i dont mind if your shit once every three games nando because your a great player and only human mate.i just cant stand players who dont give it 100% every week.surely its not impossible too give it your all once a week for an hour and a half? its very annoyin to see you throw your toys out your pram and tbh mate.its pretty fuckin embarrissin too watch too.you play for lfc not man ure knighted!

any thanks for listenin mr T,im sure youll read this and stop annoyin the hell out of me

yours sincerely

• Downvote 1

His performances towards the end of last season were rubbish. And yesterday aswell. I rememeber Dave pointing it out in a match report after the last game that it's becoming increasingly regular for Torres not being arsed and that it never gets mentioned because he is one of the best players. Others are made scapegoats.

The thing I found really refreshing compared to a lot of players in his first season was his attitude, application and honesty. He'd work like an absolute trojan doing the dirty work and he'd keep plugging away when things were tough. There were a few times last season when things weren't going for him and he'd spit his dummy out and sulk, rather than get his head down and try and make something happen. Yesterday, that element of Nando I don't like certainly reared its ugly head and he needs to sort it out.

The League derby at Goodison last year seems to sum him up lately. Sulking about with a cob on for an hour because things weren't happening, and then he gets a goal out of nothing, becomes a completely different player and almost gets himself a hat-trick.

dear liverpool number nine,

like all reds i think your one of the greatest players in the world and its fantastic that you play for the mighty reds and when your in form your a joy too watch fella! due too are shite owners its basically up too you and stevie to win us the league.but can i just raise a point that i feel you must address

after watching you for two tears,you seem too have developed a split personality that infuriates me,my dad and my fellow (red) mates.after the first 10 mins of a game,we can tell wether your "up for it" or "gonna be shite"!

i will use the spurs game as a great example of your "cant be arsed" performances......A)why do you lie motionless on the floor for 30 seconds every time your were tackled like youd broke your leg? why not get up off ya arse and chase back? does stevie,jamie and dare i say it it...shrekface lie on the deck like tarts? exactly! we scouses like people who fight and dont show any weakness to the opposistion! B)why do you constantly moan at the officials everytime your tackled? 90% of the time the tackles are fair and not fouls so instead of cryin just get on with it please fella!

i dont mind if your shit once every three games nando because your a great player and only human mate.i just cant stand players who dont give it 100% every week.surely its not impossible too give it your all once a week for an hour and a half? its very annoyin to see you throw your toys out your pram and tbh mate.its pretty fuckin embarrissin too watch too.you play for lfc not man ure knighted!

any thanks for listenin mr T,im sure youll read this and stop annoyin the hell out of me

yours sincerely

You are a fuckin tit, fuck off

Unbelievable, the fella had no service.

Danny, no matter how much you moan about the service he's getting you aren't going to be bought back. I think it's time to accept that and move on. I've got you in my fantasy team so I need all your concentration on Fulham this year. If things really aren't working out you could always give Curbs a bell.

Oh.

Edited by Stu Monty

Unbelievable, the fella had no service.

That's true, mate, but I think the fella in the original post was talking about Nando's attitude in the game. He could have worded it a bit better, but I do agree with it to an extent.

I remember the Reading League Cup game a few years back when he got lumps kicked out of him all game by Duberry, Bikey and the rest of the defence. He took some horrendous shit that night, but he kept dusting himself down, plugging away and bagged a superb hat-trick. That was the first time in God knows how long I felt myself get excited about a player.

Lately, when things don't go for him, he seems to throw a bit of a strop and have a sulk rather than keep working away. As I said, the Goodison derby last year seemed to sum him up for the odd period last year, when he's a moody cunt for about an hour because he's not getting any change out of their defence and then becomes a totally different player when he gets a goal out of nothing.

I don't see it as a major problem as such, because he's still up there with Gerrard as our most important player and I love the bones of the fella, but it's just something I wish he'd knock on the head.

That's true, mate, but I think the fella in the original post was talking about Nando's attitude in the game. He could have worded it a bit better, but I do agree with it to an extent.

I remember the Reading League Cup game a few years back when he got lumps kicked out of him all game by Duberry, Bikey and the rest of the defence. He took some horrendous shit that night, but he kept dusting himself down, plugging away and bagged a superb hat-trick. That was the first time in God knows how long I felt myself get excited about a player.

Lately, when things don't go for him, he seems to throw a bit of a strop and have a sulk rather than keep working away. As I said, the Goodison derby last year seemed to sum him up for the odd period last year, when he's a moody cunt for about an hour because he's not getting any change out of their defence and then becomes a totally different player when he gets a goal out of nothing.

I don't see it as a major problem as such, because he's still up there with Gerrard as our most important player and I love the bones of the fella, but it's just something I wish he'd knock on the head.

+1

He can't be arsed just like parts of last season - what the one where he was half crippled?

He doesn't track back! - Good, he's the world's best striker, I don't want him running around like a tit.

Soon it'll be "He's never in the box, why's he back in his own half!?"

The life and times of Torres at LFC can be described thus:

(1) Comes to Liverpool, starts well

(2) Torres rested - fans demand he play more (including me)

(3) Torres crippled, probably through playing too much

(4) Not fully fit for most of the season, still scores some world class goals

(5) Plays one game of new season, has a poor game not helped by a shite midfield.

(6 ) Torres is now a big head who doesn't put a shift in

He can't be arsed just like parts of last season - what the one where he was half crippled?

He doesn't track back! - Good, he's the world's best striker, I don't want him running around like a tit.

Soon it'll be "He's never in the box, why's he back in his own half!?"

The life and times of Torres at LFC can be described thus:

(1) Comes to Liverpool, starts well

(2) Torres rested - fans demand he play more (including me)

(3) Torres crippled, probably through playing too much

(4) Not fully fit for most of the season, still scores some world class goals

(5) Plays one game of new season, has a poor game not helped by a shite midfield.

(6 ) Torres is now a big head who doesn't put a shift in

He had games like that in his first season too, but he was, rightly or wrongly, cut some slack because he scored 33 goals.

Some fair points to be honest. However, maybe if he had another top striker playing alongside him to help out, make runs, play alongside of, this might stop him sulking his arse off?

The service was absolute bollocks on Sunday. Maybe an off day and Gerrard and himself will start clicking but honestly think we need another striker playing alongside him and drop Gerrard into midfield.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed wednesday and will all be creaming ourselves about Torres again.