You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why Jamie Carragher's bust-up with Arbeloa only proved he is Liverpool's heartbeat

JohnnyH

It is impossible to know who would make a good manager by just looking at the way they play.

It's a fact that if we can dribble like Maradona, pass like Molby and tackle like Souness we will be one hell of a player. Unfortunately, no one can, so we play to our ability to get the best out of ourselves.

I believe Carragher knows the importance of keeping possession and controlling games, but he can't. We all know his plus and negative points. So rather than taking the risk as a central defender, he often chooses safety first. That doesn't mean if he ever jump into managerial he will tell his players to 'hoof' the ball all the time.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all love jamie he has been the heart of the defence for a very long time. dont take this the wrong way but you have to wonder if the glorious career is over hence the frustration the lack of pace and the odd own goal. i will stress once more we love him till the end but the question remains the same is it the end for our beloved redman.

we all love jamie he has been the heart of the defence for a very long time. dont take this the wrong way but you have to wonder if the glorious career is over hence the frustration the lack of pace and the odd own goal. i will stress once more we love him till the end but the question remains the same is it the end for our beloved redman.

People have touched on that; but I feel that he has enough integrity to hold up his hands when he feels he is finished. I think we've got two seasons left in him. Only one more until he starts playing Agger and Skrtel more regularly as a pairing.

I wouldn't want a player who loves row Z so much as a manager of our club. It would be a combination of Houllier and Souness - except he is "one of us" and a "great bloke".

You don't have talk out yer arse a lot deirdre. The point is he may end up clearing the ball to row z - as that is within his capacity as a player, and logically makes sense (to him) as he understands the abilities of those players around him. As a manager, with his knowledge of the game, and his desire to win he "could" have all the right attributes. Of course we all know Arsene was an outstanding majestic player - up there with Pele and Zidane which is why his teams exhibit such flair - or is that bollocks like your earlier statement.

Hermes, sorry cant seem to quote your post

If you had read my earlier post i said i don't think he will be our manager. That quote above is a reference solely to his character and how he comes across in interviews and how he is perceived by others and is my opinion. It was a response to Toxteth hinting that a players personality and ideals are mirrored in the way they play football which i felt was rubbish.

You and others just presumed that i want carra to be manager just because he knows some stats which is not what i said at all.

Edited by INTORRESTING

I can imagine Xabi Alonso as manager of Liverpool, on the sidelines in an Armarni suit looking cool with us playing beautiful football. I think I am in love with him.

The Player:

pep-guardiola1.jpg

Xabi%20Alonso%20fagnar%20gegn%20Newcastle-.jpg

The Manager:

barcelona+real+madrid+pep+josep+guardiola+instructing.jpg

XabiAlonso.jpg?t=1242918660

Guest Felix Unger
I wouldn't want either JC or Gerrard as manager.

Based on what exactly?

I really doubt Jamie's knowledge of the game stretches just to trivia. He's got a good analytical football brain, superb instinctive tactical and positional awareness, and has been the lynch-pin of one of the best defences in England over the past 5 seasons, as well as keeping out the cream of Europe.

Short memories in football...

Based on what exactly?

I really doubt Jamie's knowledge of the game stretches just to trivia. He's got a good analytical football brain, superb instinctive tactical and positional awareness, and has been the lynch-pin of one of the best defences in England over the past 5 seasons, as well as keeping out the cream of Europe.

Short memories in football...

Everyone you hear speak about him says he watches every game he can and is a proper student of it

Guest Felix Unger

He's just past his very best that's all, so naturally some people start to rewrite history and pick apart his game, while undermining his character.

He probably regretted the incident with Arbeloa instantly, and he was wrong, but I loved the lads passion. You could see how much losing out on the title meant to him.

He's just past his very best that's all, so naturally some people start to rewrite history and pick apart his game, while undermining his character.

He probably regretted the incident with Arbeloa instantly, and he was wrong, but I loved the lads passion. You could see how much losing out on the title meant to him.

I reckon the rest of the team were pissed too, you didn't see them threatening to lay out their team mates.