You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Howard Webb

RobbieOR

That is disgraceful if true.

Man Utd 1 Liverpool 0 - Berbatov awarded a penalty after a dive in the 1st minute. Gerrard sent off, fair enough but a clone of that tackle was done by Rafael and we didnt even get a free kick!!

Man Utd 3 Liverpool 2 - One of the most stonewall penalties ever for Liverpool but Webb actually ignored it at first and it was given by the linesman. O'Shea the last man as he brings down Torres - no red card.

Man Utd 2 Liverpool 1 - Javier Mascherano fouls Antonio Valencia outside the area - penalty awarded!

Hopefully Chelsea get a fairer crack than we do but I doubt it.

Howard Webb knows the secret to a good career in refereeing is to keep the other cunt on side. Don't fuck ferguson off and you'll do alright. And he's done alright in terms of his personal goals. I was hoping after reff'ing the WC final and his career will only go down from there he might have grown a set. I was wrong.

I wonder what the odds are on scum getting a penalty in the 1st half and chelsea going down to 10 men.Dont the f.a ever watch football ? even they could see the blatant bias Webb show to Scum every single time he ref's their games.

Christ, and I almost forgot he has form for single handedly winning the league for Man Utd, the penalty when 2-0 down v Spurs for one of the worst dives ever and a foul on Modric I think it was in the build up to the second.

Cant believe I nearly forgot that!

Did he do the Wigan game as well a couple of years back? They had to win to win the league, Scholes somehow stayed on the pitch after clattering a Wigan player, he was of course already on a yellow. Ferdinand handled the ball for an obvious penalty, of course it wasn't given. I think they got a dodgy penalty as well.

That is fucking ridiculous given all that has gone on previously. I am not saying he should never ref a United match ever again (I am), but when it is such a high profile match, surely a more neutral referee would be preferable. Even by FA standards, this is a fuck up of cosmic proportions.

The problem isn't corruption as in brown bags, surely nobody really believes that. The problem is the hold of fear that Ferguson has over referees, this results in any close calls defaulting to Utds favour, be it subconciously or otherwise. Ferguson knows this, it's a valuable weapon in his armoury that he's cultivated for many years.