You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is the title gone now?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of their fixtures are against teams with something to play for: Pompey - not yet safe; Spurs - UEFA Cup place to pay for; Boro - desperate for points; City - local pride; Wigan - can't really make a case for them; Arsenal - revenge game?; Hull - may need win or draw to stay up - so there's no way I'm giving up yet. We obviously can't afford any more slip ups.

If we finish the season with 86 points and don't win the league, then you'd have to say fair play to the Mancs.

Fuck no!!!!! When arse shavin scored the 4th, i had tears in my eyes, the title was gone for another year but yossi goal has just reafirmed my belief that there are shit loads of twist and turns still ahead. We always knew that it was the mancs to lose, not ours to win and 2night has just reiterated that fact. The bastards will win against pompey, but thats not the game(s) we should be pin pointing as a possible fuck up. City, arsenal spurs are the games we should be looking at as potentia ltitle deciders. Have said it for the past month but if we win west ham, the title will be ours and i still belive that.

What do you mean? I've been saying my thoughts on Benitez all season and now he has got a five year contract for 3 trophiless seasons. Not worth having a go anymore cause he is going no where no matter what now.

phily, as much as I think you rule, it's just one match mate. If we can play like we've been doing lately and keep it up next season, you might feel way better.

phily, as much as I think you rule, it's just one match mate. If we can play like we've been doing lately and keep it up next season, you might feel way better.

Thats what we said last season.

and he went and bought Keane, fuck our formation up and we played fucking horrible football for half the season before reverting to what we used last season.

Its his fault.

If we don't. We know we're close.

Okay, none of the other three have been at their best, but neither were we for long stretches of the season, but we came good when we needed it. And maybe ultimately we've fallen short, but if we can show the same kind of fight for 80% of our games next season we'll win the fucking thing comfortably. The challenge is to be more clinical doing it, in defence and attack. And we'll need signings for that, so maybe our most pivotal transfer window yet, we simply can't allow the momentum to slow down.

An you just hope Rafa has learned what it means to go out in every game and be positive. Be pro-active rather than re-active. Let them worry about us.

I'm chatting shit now.

we are scoring for fun and playing free flowing football, we have massively improved and if we add some more match winners and have torres and gerrard fit for a whole season we can win titles over the coming years.

We are going forward. Torres could end up top scorer this year, that's crazy!

Most of their fixtures are against teams with something to play for: Pompey - not yet safe; Spurs - UEFA Cup place to pay for; Boro - desperate for points; City - local pride; Wigan - can't really make a case for them; Arsenal - revenge game?; Hull - may need win or draw to stay up - so there's no way I'm giving up yet. We obviously can't afford any more slip ups.

we can scrape the losses/draws we need from arsenal, spurs and city, i reckon.

it's not over yet

One of the weird, sometimes agonising and sometimes thrilling reasons for football's appeal to me is that it's never certain what will happen. It's like Marx said: the thought that everything is predictable is the most mystical idea of all. Who knows if some key player gets injured, if a player gets sent off, if a poor player suddenly hits a last minute screamer into the top right hand corner? Why do people waste their time not only trying to predict but doing it with such an absurd air of certainty? It's utterly pointless.

4 against madrid, arsenal, chelsea and united. We are improving. We are close and just need to turn draws into wins at home and we need more quality and that costs money.

If we win the title it is going to look pretty stupid slagging off the manager who has got us into a title race