You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

But do they? They didn't today. It was only once we actually had the ball in the net - against the run of play - that they suddenly started playing. And it's been that way a good few times this season. That's why I question if it isn't the players mentality that needs work (along with some quality wide men!).

Liam - I've long held the impression that if Gerrard isn't in the team the 'drive' is missing.

Unfortunately in this era of football, where results are secondary to financial gain, it's up to the manager to instill drive and motivation in the majority of players.

This doesn't seem like one of Rafa's strong points and we have to rely on his strength in other areas to help get us results.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of what the Keane/Barry situation represents at the heart of the club.

On the pitch it's only speculation whether it's worked out for the best.

It's one of the things that makes matters behind the scenes worse than at this time last season.

And I think to suggest none of it affects what happens on the pitch is crazy really.

This time last year was no worse, yet we went on a brilliant run.

Do you expect Man Utd to drop points? And even if they do, can you expect us to capitalise?

It's over.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgfiqhuJOP8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgfiqhuJOP8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Goodbye cruel world.

Any team would miss Gerrard and with Alonso being out as well it was never going to be easy, but lets not forget this was a city team with a very poor away record and a side who lost away to west brom and also a stoke city team who went down to ten men in the first half, so even without them two linchpins we should have done better, the stark reality is that the team that played today was 5 years of building from Rafa and it isn't very inspiring.

I've seen plays that were better than that. Honest to God, plays.

Anyone seen that Simpsons episode 'The Cartridge Family?' The one where Homer buys the gun? See the footy game at the beginning where the dudes are just passing it between themselves and going absolutely nowhere and it starts a riot? That's kinda how we play. But with Lucas.

i'm totally demoralized right now. not because of any one thing in particular but just overall. this was our best chance to win the title this season and it looks like we just aren't ready for it.

i can't say much about today's game that isn't a broken record. lions share of possession, inability to take a few chances, go down 1-nil to a goal that frank lampard would be proud of, show character to come back, batter them for 15 minutes and come up short once again at home to a team we should have beaten.

i know we are mathematically still alive for the title, but a big part of me feels like its over after today. we had a chance to tell everyone that we wouldn't be scared off by the mancs 8 point lead to start the day and we fell flat.

i guess the biggest think i'm seeing this year is a lack of maturity on our part. maybe the average age of our squad is part of the problem. we lack a few old head players that actually get on the pitch. i don't know it just seems like a season too early for us to win it from a team maturity perspective, but then again who knows if we'll ever get another chance like this season where a bunch of the teams beat up on one another etc.

I think the word I'd describe that we've become with Benitez is stale. Our play is awful, the tactics ineffective and it was actually a chore to watch that today, which I really shouldn't be saying about watching Liverpool, no matter what position we are in the league.

For me, over these last two years, the life of the club has been sucked out off the pitch, and the same is happening on it now. It's time to wish him well and time for a change I think.

Now, really, those of you who "knew" our title challenge was over 6 weeks ago, who gave up on Rafa 8 weeks ago, or first lit your wrists 4 weeks ago- can you stop being so outraged after each game?

Yeah, okay, you had your epiphany, you made your choice, "Rafa Out", why the fuck is it like a new revelation after every game, or after every tabloid story about Rafa?

It's over I have no doubt about it, manu have done it all before there is no way in hell they will bottle it plus I expect us to drop more points somewhere.

I guess at the start of the season we were all saying we just want to be in the title race and we have been but to me it hasn't really felt like it for some reason. It's maybe just because we haven't been that good all season and we have rarely looked like champion material, we were also a bit fortunate Chelsea and Arsenal have been poor.

It's down to one trophy again and I'm not confident at al about that.