You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco

We had 68% of possession, Dirk missing too many chances, Sami hitting the post. It wasn't Rafa decisions during the game or in selection, it was the same problem as we've had for years, missing too many fucking chances.

Rafa picked an inept forward, who has been absolutely shite recently, and when this was demonstrated to him repeatedly through the game, he failed to do anything about it.

If you play a shit forward, he's going to miss chances. He's scored a few this year, but a half decent striker would have scored three times more with the same chances.

All Rafa's fault, I'm afraid.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be because Kuyt clearly gives his all for the good of the team, Keane seems to be more about himself.

Rafa will only let truly outstanding players get away with that. I like Keane a lot, but he's not and never has been outstanding.

And Kuyt was today? He was fucking awful

Why make a change when youre on top. He was right to make the changes when he did, When we werent on top.

because 'on top' means nothing if you dont break through and the pattern is all too familar, there ought to be mandatory subs at the hour mark if we're not leading simple as that

how some of those players stayed on and why there weren't changes before 74 minutes i will never know

Chance is gone. Three 0-0s against teams battling relegtation and a 2-2 against a team just up a league. Today we lost the title. I know that sounds dramatic in DEecember and to be honest it's all of the last 3 home games that haqve cost us.

It's Rafa trying to be too clever. If the striker is playing bad then maybe, just maybe Rafa you should change the striker. Overly clever and far too late in the game with changes should have been made around the 55th minute.

Well done Hull. They went as us when they could. We threw everything at them. Great game. No complaints.

OK, Superfan.

I actually think that we played very well for 75 minutes. But NO complaints? How is that possible? What about Kuyt`s performance and Rafa`s changes, both horrible and partly responsible for the lost points?

NO complaints?

It IS ok to to give credit where it is due, but if you never are the least critical of anything regarding this team or the manager, it will be very hard to take you seriously.

We had more that enough chances to win today. And but for Carra's ridiculous own goal we would have. I can only imagine the outrage on here had it been Dossena who'd done what Carra did.

I like Hull less now than before the game. I thought they were very cynical and over the top at times.

Amen.

The defence cost us far more today than the attack, or the manager, did.

That could be because Kuyt clearly gives his all for the good of the team, Keane seems to be more about himself.

Rafa will only let truly outstanding players get away with that. I like Keane a lot, but he's not and never has been outstanding.

It's not good for the team though having someone that incompetent wasting chances. Kuyt is not good enough.

Wow Keane must be feeling bad now i kinda feel sorry for him. He had a great game midweek and today left rotting on the bench. 20 million pounds is a fucking expensive bench warmer.

Fucking disgraceful second half that. The shape didn't work yet it wasn't altered at all. Kuyt was miscontrolling everything in sight, yet he stays on.

The substitutions were a fucking joke - El Zhar is clearly ahead of Babel in the pecking order which is incredible and Keane didn't get a sniff again. Clearly Rafa wants rid - you don't pay £20M for a striker and then not bring him on for two successive league games.

Shocking treatment of Keane. He obviously doesn't want Babel either - £33M obviously down the drain in the managers own opinion seemingly.

And people wonder why he has his detractors.

The title has never been ours to lose this season.

If we'd beaten Stoke, Fulham, Hull and West Ham at home (which is not beyond the realms of possibility), we'd be about ten points ahead by now.

We've totally fucked up the best chance to win the league in years. Totally fucked it up.

It's not the result that bothers me, because I know City are a good side, and will probably upset more teams before the seasons out, it's Rafa deciding to leave Keane on the bench, play Kuyt up there on his own, our lack of ability upfront, etc. It's worrying.

Now if Man Utd take all thier points we're level aren't we? So we're both chasing Chelsea now, and I don't think we're going to see the blues drop points very quickly this time so we'll have to hang in there. But we have Arse next don't we? And that's a bastard, because if anything goes wrong there we're going to be chasing Man Utd aswell by the looks of it, and in serious trouble trying to catch Chelski.

There's no way it's over yet, but if our attack isn't sorted out really quickly it could be all but over by the time new year comes around. And if Rafa really has lost faith in Keane it's fucking ridiculous, because we got to the top by playing him, and if he'd rather give up on him and watch us drop points it could cost us the title over the next few weeks.

Saying that though we did beat Blackburn well without him. Maybe it's just a shitter of a day for us and things will get better. Oh and those saying it's over : it's way too early yet. We can still take points off Chelski and Man Utd by playing them, and they'll also drop more points before it's over by the looks of it. We can't drop many more points though and will fall by the wayside unless we start stringing results together now.

We had 68% of possession, Dirk missing too many chances, Sami hitting the post. It wasn't Rafa decisions during the game or in selection, it was the same problem as we've had for years, missing too many fucking chances.

I usually agree with you, but Rafa`s subs today smelled of personal agenda. His favourism of Kuyt despite him stinking the place out again, is actually making me like Kuyt less even though it`s not Dirk`s fault that Rafa refuses to take him off.

He is draining Keane out of any confidence he may have left. The way he treats him is so far away from how he treated Crouch when he struggled. If he wants to have impacts from subs he cant wait until the match is dead. And when he makes a sub, he takes off the only midfielder that actually supports the striker in the box, and replace him with a player who everyone knows is not good enough, despite having Babel and Keane available.

Rafa`s management was poor today, even though we wasted lots of chances.

We had more that enough chances to win today. And but for Carra's ridiculous own goal we would have. I can only imagine the outrage on here had it been Dossena who'd done what Carra did.

Not as ridiculous as the free kick they got right before the goal. Fuck me. On the other hand they probably should have gotten a pen early on.

Dossena was great going forward, but he struggles a lot when his pace is challenged.

Us not winning today was partly bad luck and poor finishing. We desperately need another proven striker.

Keane hasn't done enough this season to convince me he would have won us the game if he came on, but surely it must have been worth a throw of the dice. Going two-nil down cost us this game more than anything though, we don't score enough goals to get away with such shite defending.

True, but even then if you spend 20 Million on a player, which you yourself said was low on confidence AND had a good game in midweek AND didn't bring him on for a very poor Kuyt, you've got to ask yourself what is the logic behind it?

Keane may well be to Benitez, what Diouf was to Houllier....

Fucking disgraceful second half that. The shape didn't work yet it wasn't altered at all. Kuyt was miscontrolling everything in sight, yet he stays on.

The substitutions were a fucking joke - El Zhar is clearly ahead of Babel in the pecking order which is incredible and Keane didn't get a sniff again. Clearly Rafa wants rid - you don't pay £20M for a striker and then not bring him on for two successive league games.

Shocking treatment of Keane. He obviously doesn't want Babel either - £33M obviously down the drain in the managers own opinion seemingly.

And people wonder why he has his detractors.

Can't really disagree with any of that.