You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

4 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Everyone convicted on this officers uncorroborated testimony should be getting legal representation and suing the arse off him personally and his police force.

Suing him for what? Suing the police force for what?  How many people are convicted with no evidence?  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Suing him for what? Suing the police force for what?  How many people are convicted with no evidence?  

Sue for wrongful arrest and or conviction

There are dozens of offences based solely on the evidence of the arresting officer. From littering to assault police officer and the old rozzers favorite - resist arrest.

I don’t think you can sue him for any of those things.  He can be prosecuted if he’s found to have lied. Are you just being hysterical? 

plus, I very much doubt the CPS would be interested in littering, or resisting arrest or assault with no corroborating evidence.  Ask Anubis, doesn’t he do crime? 

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Every single one of his arrests be revisited? 

He’s fucked up, massively.  He could well be sacked. His Chief Constable has issued a really good statement in response.  I don’t think every one of his arrests should be investigated.  

Disagree. I think it's entirely possible he's arrested someone on one of his bad days under false pretences because he knows "who are they going to believe" and his arrest record should be investigated. 

We're obviously not going to meet on this. 

6 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Disagree. I think it's entirely possible he's arrested someone on one of his bad days under false pretences because he knows "who are they going to believe" and his arrest record should be investigated. 

We're obviously not going to meet on this. 

I just don’t think investigating every one of his arrests is a proportionate response to him having threatened this bloke. Disciplining him and whatever punishment he gets is enough for me. 

4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I just don’t think investigating every one of his arrests is a proportionate response to him having threatened this bloke. Disciplining him and whatever punishment he gets is enough for me. 

And just hope that no-one has ever been arrested by this officer under false pretences then? Ok.  Like I said, we're obviously too far apart on this to agree. 

3 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

And just hope that no-one has ever been arrested by this officer under false pretences then? Ok.  Like I said, we're obviously too far apart on this to agree. 

Ok, but why investigate arrests?  If an arrest hasn’t led to a trial why bother?  Then, if there’s been a not guilty trial do you investigate that?  

Is it every trial he’s ever been involved with? What about the victims of those crimes?  Say, rapes for example.  Are we risking convictions based on the evidence of one fuck up?  It’s just not proportionate. At all. 

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Ok, but why investigate arrests?  If an arrest hasn’t led to a trial why bother?  Then, if there’s been a not guilty trial do you investigate that?  

Is it every trial he’s ever been involved with? What about the victims of those crimes?  Say, rapes for example.  Are we risking convictions based on the evidence of one fuck up?  It’s just not proportionate. At all. 

If there's a chance someone has been wrongly arrested or convicted based on his say-so then I think it's proportionate to that individual. If someone has to get enhanced DBS checks arrests can show so it is important, an arrest on false pretences could cost someone their caree. As usual on an internet forum, we're entrenched in our opinions so we could go on and on all Sunday without changing each others mind or "winning" so I'll just leave it here. Let's just hope that this is a one of example of a copper on a bad day, and not just his mask slipping. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

If there's a chance someone has been wrongly arrested or convicted based on his say-so then I think it's proportionate to that individual. If someone has to get enhanced DBS checks arrests can show so it is important, an arrest on false pretences could cost someone their caree. As usual on an internet forum, we're entrenched in our opinions so we could go on and on all Sunday without changing each others mind or "winning" so I'll just leave it here. Let's just hope that this is a one of example of a copper on a bad day, and not just his mask slipping. 

Fair enough.  

But the bit about arrests isn’t quite right. Though. https://clearcheck.co.uk/arrested-but-not-charged-will-it-show-up-on-a-dbs/

have a good one. 

I used to like the police in the main and respected the job they do. I have no reason really to encounter them day fo day.

However, I got pulled a few months ago for having no insurance (I did but there was a system error so it didn’t show on the ANPR thing, all sorted now)

2 of them in the car, one was alright, could see it was an error but the other one was an absolute, and I mean absolute cunt. ‘I’m going to impound your car, you’d better call your family and tell them you’ll be late back for your dinner’ just stuff like that. Fucking nob head who thought he was the terminator, carried it on for about half an hour. I still think he was trying to goad me into trying to strangle him with his seatbelt.

All fairly minor in the scheme of things but it’s changed how I would approach them now.

Got him back by smashing out an absolute horror fart just as I was getting out of their car.

• Upvote 3

The problem with the police force is that it attracts the type of person who gets off on treating people like cunts carte blanche.

But fuck knows why anyone would actually want to do the job. Not my favourite people at all but I am grateful for the job they do.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

I used to like the police in the main and respected the job they do. I have no reason really to encounter them day fo day.

However, I got pulled a few months ago for having no insurance (I did but there was a system error so it didn’t show on the ANPR thing, all sorted now)

2 of them in the car, one was alright, could see it was an error but the other one was an absolute, and I mean absolute cunt. ‘I’m going to impound your car, you’d better call your family and tell them you’ll be late back for your dinner’ just stuff like that. Fucking nob head who thought he was the terminator, carried it on for about half an hour. I still think he was trying to goad me into trying to strangle him with his seatbelt.

All fairly minor in the scheme of things but it’s changed how I would approach them now.

Got him back by smashing out an absolute horror fart just as I was getting out of their car.

The wind of change.

• Upvote 1

I watched that video and was more saddened than anything else.

You can view it from numerous angles but ultimately it's a snapshot of someone showcasing poor practice. You could argue any point until you're blue in the face and wanting to chin someone in Berlin. I'd therefore leave any thoughts about investigating every case he's ever been involved with or dismissal to those who can verify what happened and how the whole event played out. Hypothetically, he could be an outstanding local cop who's just had to witness and deal with a horrific RTA prior to attending to this situation. We have absolutely no idea.

32 minutes ago, foam said:

I watched that video and was more saddened than anything else.

You can view it from numerous angles but ultimately it's a snapshot of someone showcasing poor practice. You could argue any point until you're blue in the face and wanting to chin someone in Berlin. I'd therefore leave any thoughts about investigating every case he's ever been involved with or dismissal to those who can verify what happened and how the whole event played out. Hypothetically, he could be an outstanding local cop who's just had to witness and deal with a horrific RTA prior to attending to this situation. We have absolutely no idea.

You simply cannot talk about framing somebody on duty,even as a joke. On camera too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

The problem with the police force is that it attracts the type of person who gets off on treating people like cunts carte blanche.

But fuck knows why anyone would actually want to do the job. Not my favourite people at all but I am grateful for the job they do.

I know a few people who've joined the force, and while none of them are bad people (save for one, a Wilkinsons store manager who used to say things like 'I was section manager on DIY for six years!' and took genuine pride in that fact) I was surprised that any of them were allowed to join up. 

One had left a job as cabin crew because it was too stressful and only joined because her fella was in the police and she used to stalk him on duty (she used to get her dad to drive her round on patrol, following his police van), the other was a nice but dim type.

Police is like teaching I reckon these days. The fallout of Blair making everyone go to college and uni but with no actual jobs to go to meant there was millions of people who'd leave uni with no idea what to do next, go and work in an office job or something mundane (this applied to all the coppers I know) but then have a mini midlife crisis, ask themselves why they'd bothered with uni and why couldn't they get a job that paid well and brought a measure of respect. 

Quite a few (again, a couple of the teachers I know fill this bracket - and I nearly did myself) went to do PGCE back in the mid noughties, enticed by 'golden handshakes' and the like. 

What you got though was a lot of teachers who didn't really want to be teachers, probably didn't even like kids. My Mrs has wanted to be a teacher since she was about nine, and you can tell in the passion she shows for the job. You  can also tell which of her colleagues can't be arsed. 

I reckon policing is like that, I reckon there's such a thing as 'natural po-lice', the kind of person that gets pissed off when they see someone getting away with something, the type of person that doesn't like bullies. But lots of coppers now I reckon do it because it's a decently paid job and because they've got something to show for their degree, but if the shit hit the fan and it was five minutes to knocking off time they'd be down the pub in their Converse quicker than you can say thin blue line. 

22 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I know a few people who've joined the force, and while none of them are bad people (save for one, a Wilkinsons store manager who used to say things like 'I was section manager on DIY for six years!' and took genuine pride in that fact) I was surprised that any of them were allowed to join up. 

One had left a job as cabin crew because it was too stressful and only joined because her fella was in the police and she used to stalk him on duty (she used to get her dad to drive her round on patrol, following his police van), the other was a nice but dim type.

Police is like teaching I reckon these days. The fallout of Blair making everyone go to college and uni but with no actual jobs to go to meant there was millions of people who'd leave uni with no idea what to do next, go and work in an office job or something mundane (this applied to all the coppers I know) but then have a mini midlife crisis, ask themselves why they'd bothered with uni and why couldn't they get a job that paid well and brought a measure of respect. 

Quite a few (again, a couple of the teachers I know fill this bracket - and I nearly did myself) went to do PGCE back in the mid noughties, enticed by 'golden handshakes' and the like. 

What you got though was a lot of teachers who didn't really want to be teachers, probably didn't even like kids. My Mrs has wanted to be a teacher since she was about nine, and you can tell in the passion she shows for the job. You  can also tell which of her colleagues can't be arsed. 

I reckon policing is like that, I reckon there's such a thing as 'natural po-lice', the kind of person that gets pissed off when they see someone getting away with something, the type of person that doesn't like bullies. But lots of coppers now I reckon do it because it's a decently paid job and because they've got something to show for their degree, but if the shit hit the fan and it was five minutes to knocking off time they'd be down the pub in their Converse quicker than you can say thin blue line. 

It’s probably in this thread but I went out with a copper for a few years.  There’s all sorts of people in the police in my experience.  Most are ok but there are cunts.  Some CID she worked with were always off shagging hookers.   

most end up a bit embittered because they are dealing with cunts, or the fallout from people being cunts all fucking day.  Can’t blame them to be honest. 

one thing I will say is that the ones who would fuck off when it kicked off don’t last long as they aren’t trusted.   

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It wont happen like that, but police legal will want to know their exposure and will quietly be checking the lot.

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It wont happen like that, but police legal will want to know their exposure and will quietly be checking the lot.

Will they? What about every arrest he’s been witness to? Every bit of corroboration he’s provided?  

8 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Honestly don't think that's good enough. Screaming he'll making something up and "who do you think they'll believe, me or you" to a black man who's done fuck all is pretty telling. He's not going to turn into a different person after the suspension. Cunt.