You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Peter Kay programme

WaltonRed

Watched a bit of this because I was told my half cousin was in it, (auntie's husbands nephew.) and I thought it started really funny. Half cousin was the first guy up (the Geordie one. He was also a kid in Sleepy Hollow years back if you think you might've recognised him from somewhere.) and I thought he was cool, but after that I wasn't as interested. Maybe because it reminded me a bit too much of this type of show even though it was taking the piss out of them, and I really can't stand them. Have never watched any of them before and hopefully never will do. That first bit cracked me up though. I loved the guy with the dog that was shown again and again, then at the end he goes something like "you're not gonna believe this, I brought the wrong fucking dog!" Loved that bit.

Haha and that first guy "that's not my daughter, it's my wife!"

Absolute pile of drivel. Kay has done better but I really think he peaked early with his first major tour. I still think he's capable of producing better than that load of crap though. Smiled at the first 5 mins or so, then stared blanly at the screen for another 1/4 of an hour before giving up. Switched back on for the 'results' hoping I'd missed the point and that I'd find it really funny after a bottle of Shiraz but nope, right first time.

Shite.

I only saw bits but thought it was very funny, subtle humour.

Peter Kay's stuff on TV is much better than his stand up show. I say show becuase if you've seen one then you've seen them all. Is he still doing his "garlic bread" joke?

That Peter Kay Thing was fucking genius, as was Phoenix Nights. This last night looked to be a return to form after Max and Paddy.