You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He looks good, but again I'm not sure if he is good enough for us in the long term, I'll give him the entire season before judging but its promising so far. I think a bit of it is that we haven't had a player like him with a bit of trickery and ability to beat a man with skill AND a bit of pace in a while, so I'm easily impressed.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of him. I think the fact I wasn't expecting much from him has added to my first impressions but he looks a decent signing so far.

Still early days so I'm not going to go overboard but it's a promising start from the lad.

By the way, the Albert Riera song rules. Hard.

Again, I'm repeating myself from the match thread, but I think he's a very clever player with great feet and adequate pace. The question mark clearly lies over whether or not he can get on the score sheet often enough.

to be honest if he chipped in with a few goals but carved out more chances for the likes of torres keane etc then id be happy also just out of intrest how many of you on here said he would be a crap addition but are now singing he praises lol:whistle:

He reminds me alot of Luis Figo.

As in he uses skill and trickery to get past players rather then knocking it ahead of himself and speeding onto it.

Great addition.

His easy style and touches reminds me of Zidane actually. Now he needs to add goals and killer passes to his arsenal before we can make true comparisons.

I think that Zidane in his prime would possibly be like Reira, looking class, still struggling a bit with the physical and frenetic pace of the Premiership.

If he scores 10-15 goals a season, he will cement his place IMO and truly be considered a worthy replacement for Barnes

Are people seriously comparing him to zidane? Fuck me there must have been some beer supped yesterday.

In fairnes to Benitaur, I don't think he was saying Riera is like Zidane, ability wise, I took him to mean that he reckons that Zidane would look lightweight in The Prem.