Quantcast
Riera. Again. - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

He is a class act and such a good addition to our side.

It's a pleasure to see a skill player doing the business for Liverpool. Well done, Rafa - excellent signing.

Loved the pull-back, when he whipped it away and round the back of his leg from two of their defenders down the left-hand side.

He was alright.

Really? You think he was 'alright' today or you think he is 'alright' in general?

Personally, I think he's an excellent signing, who has no pace but abundant skills, which is refreshing to see in a league dominated by athletic ability.

He looked a little subdued to me today, and wasn't as eye catching as against United and his cameo against Marseilles.

Looks a real player though, a world apart from the dreadul Gonzalez and broken/dishonest Kewell.

Rarely concedes possession and has a whole bunch of tricks in his pocket.

Our first goal started by him tackling back on the left. He wasn't outstanding but did well considering it was his first derby. Good signing, I think.

I don't think he played particularly well today. Like Dirk, many of our attacks broke down due to a lack of end product on his part. He definitely has skills which is promising but I think he can do better in relation to his decision making and crossing. I also don't like the way he goes to ground so easily.

Edited by Dirk

At least answer the question.

So you mean today, then. Right?

I'd imagine that was pretty obvious in my last post. But yes, I mean today.

He needs longer studs in his boots, he fell/slipped over a couple of times today. But overall he was good today. Looks a better player with Aurelio at left back rather than Dossena.

I don't think he played particularly well today. Like Dirk, may of our attacks broke down due to a lack of end product on his part. He definitely has skills which is promising but I think he can do better in relation to his decision making and corssing. I also don't like the way he goes to ground so easily.

I agree with you on the going-to-ground thing, to some extent. There was one incident today where I remarked to my mates, "Not in this league, pal." It was very much the sort of 'foul' you see get given in Spain all the time.

I think he'll get used to it (after all, he has had experience), and he's hardly a South American who does 15 rolls before his trod-on toenail is treated.

Thought he had a decent game today and started both moves that lead to both goals today. He does like his flicks. His final ball and decisions were shite though.

If Aurelio ever stays fit, them two together on the left will be awesome.

Considering he's been thrown in the deep end starting our 2 most intense matches of the season within a month of being at the club he's done very well so far.

Needs to keep it up and improve his final ball.

He looked a little subdued to me today, and wasn't as eye catching as against United and his cameo against Marseilles.

Looks a real player though, a world apart from the dreadul Gonzalez and broken/dishonest Kewell.

Rarely concedes possession and has a whole bunch of tricks in his pocket.

That's how I see it. Started very well today, then faded badly and then came on strong again and was eventually subbed.

I like him though, he looks a good player.