You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, because my limited understanding of American politics almost makes me associate Democrats with 'being nice' and Republicans being arseholes. It seems, from a distance at least, like the Republicans support everything which is bad about America. Gun ownership, big business, nothing for the people at the bottom, and the white anglo-saxon/methodist way or the highway.

I can forsee it going the way of most US of states elections, the two hopefulls at the podium trying to have the debate. When Obama starts taking McCain apart and saying he is only there because he was stupid enough to get caught by the enemy and then make a living off it, McCain wil then start having flashbacks of the POW camp and pull out a 9 and start firing round after round into the chest of Obama. Then Sara Palin from the gantry will unload titanium tipped moose bullets into McCain's face shouting 'Get your hand outta my pocket' at which point a have a go hero member of the crowd will pull out a mack 10 and start spraying into the general direction of Palin and her entourage, taking her, her daughter, her daughter's unborn hockey child and the boyfreind/fiancee out. The bodyguards will dive onto the person waving the mack 10 drilling the hockey mum section of the crowd (Meanwhile Sacha Baron Choen and a fat man will run onto the blood splatterred stage bollock naked and sit on each other's faces while the crowd shout 'faggots'.) and disarm him/her. Then as they haul him/her handcuffed arse outside someone, perhaps Hilary will shoot Mr/Mrs Mack 10 just as they were about to tell us all and in a few years time we'll find out it was all a conspiracy that never really happened as it was all filmed on location on the moon.

Reasons?

a) He's Sick, he's what 72, does he have the stamina to fight the campaign and become president and drag the US out of this crisis?

If he's going to keel over hope its before November as if he wins and pops off then Sara's your next Commander-in-Chief….Scary.

b) He's' been set up to throw the election, lets face it if Obama gets to the White house he's going to find the country stripped and looted and every last bit of federal money transferred to the banks, I'd be surprised if there was any lead left on the roof.

c) He just cant face Obama, he doesn’t seem to me the most lucid, perhaps they are trying to buy time to prep Palin a little, let her face Obama instead.

After all he's going to be questioned on the economy vigorously and who's party is in charge while this current financial disaster is taking place?

Or as mentioned it’s a more sinister plot for Bush to cancel the election.

I love a good conspiracy, me !

That's a good point about McCain having flashbacks, if he does get in the whitehouse they'll have to install blinds on the oval office window so he can look through them mysteriously while thinking about Charley. Wonder is he's ever hidden a watch up his 'ass'?

Class Pulp Fiction reference there.

To be spiteful enough to publically trash a presidential candidate, whom is a a very nice man, just seems petty and beneath him.

I thought it was far from trashing. He bigged him up as a hero but then showed him up to be a liar. I think it was pretty fair actually, he just outlined the McCain bullshit about quiting campaigning.

I thought it was far from trashing. He bigged him up as a hero but then showed him up to be a liar. I think it was pretty fair actually, he just outlined the McCain bullshit about quiting campaigning.

I think he really overboard with it. I found it funny at first and then I was like, 'this is fucking ridiculous, get over it.'

To put it out that you are 'racing' back to save the economy (what - all by yourself?!) and then going to another studio to do a live interview with the same network, was pretty fucking stupid, and shows his false soundbite up fro what it was.

McCain, prior to this prededential campaign, has always seemed to me to be a pretty decent guy. But since he let the party attack-dogs take over he's started to seriously go down in my estimation. I guess when you get your shot at the hotseat any ethics you may have had go out the window.

As for Palin, she sends shivers down my spine. Thatcher on speed.

To put it out that you are 'racing' back to save the economy (what - all by yourself?!) and then going to another studio to do a live interview with the same network, was pretty fucking stupid, and shows his false soundbite up fro what it was.

McCain, prior to this prededential campaign, has always seemed to me to be a pretty decent guy. But since he let the party attack-dogs take over he's started to seriously go down in my estimation. I guess when you get your shot at the hotseat any ethics you may have had go out the window.

As for Palin, she sends shivers down my spine. Thatcher on speed.

Spot-on all of that.

Keith Olbermann is this generation's Edward R. Murrow.

He uses Murrow's sign off at the end of that comment - goodnight and good luck. His style is also very reminiscent of Murrow. That was incredibly powerful. McCain KO'd. Literally.

I'd love to have somebody like Olbermann over here.

I have to say though, as above, I think McCain has been led down this route by the Republican party, and I'm saddened that he's allowed that to happen because I thought he was a better person than that.