You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Horrible football injuries you have witnessed

Mikey Boy

Basically following the trend of naff footy shirt, football moves copied as a kid and favorite players from the past, i thought i would start a football injuries one, but not the kind you watch on youtube, i mean you actually have to be there, watching or playing.

I remember not too long ago, i was playing for my school team and i turned this defender and crossed the ball into the box, our other striker and a centre half smashed heads and there was blood, lots of blood, rivaling most horror flicks.The match was abandoned as the ref felt the two teams basically had it in for each other afterwards haha

What kinda of injuries have you guys witnessed, maybe even suffered yourself ?

When I played in an U13 team our keeper came out to get the ball, slid in at the guys feet and took a knee straight to the eye. Blood erupted out everywhere and it swole shut. Fucking horrible, all because of a lazy back pass by yours truly (6).

Jim Beglin at Goodison. His leg was broken about 8 inches above the ankle and was at right angles to his knee. He lay on the turf screaming and punching the ground in agony for over a minute while the game carried on up the other end of the field. I was in the front row of the Goodison Rd balcony right in line with him and there were women around me screaming and crying for the ref to stop the game. He was never the same player after that.

In a game I played once there was a most unusual injury. One of the defenders had braces on his teeth. A striker came in and challenged, while the defender stooped to head it away. The end of the striker's stud kicked upwards and caught the edge of the braces, sliding them up under/into the gum. Mouthful of blood and lots of pain. Ouch.

remember playing a match and we had two men short because they were stuck in traffic. About 3 minutes in to the game, one of our centre halves went in to a 50/50 and the other players knee popped out sideways. We waited 20-30 minutes for an ambulance and in the meantime our other players turned up. we won the game too.

That story has got to be up there with easop's fables and the bible in terms of sheer emotion.

Not football, but a mate of mine was the Chris Kirkland of school rubgy. One time he got his leg twisted in a scrum and it snapped in two places. You could hear the crunch and his leg was z shaped. Took him nearly a year to be able to walk properly and he had to have loads of operations. I think he's got a plate in his leg now.

I played at Strikers five a side in Kirkby which was full of rough arse twats

We were only youngish.(Late teens) so they put us in the ST Helens league at first cos I werent to bad

There was some right nobs in it.Anyway one game I shoulder barged a guy properr hard and he fell into the netting and ripped his earring clean out of his ear.There was blood everywhere but it was funny as fuck

P.S He also had a St Helens rugby top and basketball shorts on

I rule

I played at Strikers five a side in Kirkby which was full of rough arse twats

We were only youngish.(Late teens) so they put us in the ST Helens league at first cos I werent to bad

There was some right nobs in it.Anyway one game I shoulder barged a guy properr hard and he fell into the netting and ripped his earring clean out of his ear.There was blood everywhere but it was funny as fuck

P.S He also had a St Helens rugby top and basketball shorts on

I rule

Same fate should befall all blokes that wear earrings!

Bloody pillow-biters.

DT fell and scraped his knee a couple of months ago during our thursday night footy, there was blood everywhere and he let out a horrific Viking style "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" that had the locals rushing to get back into their houses.

I still go cold now when I think about it.

DT fell and scraped his knee a couple of months ago during our thursday night footy, there was blood everywhere and he let out a horrific Viking style "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" that had the locals rushing to get back into their houses.

I still go cold now when I think about it.

When I heard the "noooooooooooooooooooo!" I was like, Holy shit he's done his fucking knee in... I better go get my mobile and call an ambulance or something.

So, I get over to Pete and he's laying on the pitch going, "I've reopened the cut and now it's not going to heal!"

who's that mate?

Dagfinn Enerly, norwegian.

He played for Rosenborg i the Champions League, and was going to end his career in Fredrikstad.

In the last match of the season 2005, he got crushed between some players on a corner kick, he then fell backwards and his neck snapped when he landed on the ground.

He actually asked the physio to take his arms down, and the physio answered:

"They're allready down".

It was horrible to watch, and it's sad watching him in the wheelchair now.

Thinking about the brilliant footballer he once was.