You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alonso: Juve in talks

Look at it this way, Alonso doubters.

I think we're all agreed that Barry is a capable player. Of course he is. But on very best form who is better, Barry or Alonso.

Miles apart. Nuff said.

Look at it this way. Who's likely to contribute more over the course of a season?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understand this at all if true. I dont think he wants to leave after he said this the other week ...

"At the moment I am with Liverpool, I have a contract with Liverpool and I want to be at Liverpool,” he told skysports.com recently.

"I have been surprised and very disappointed to read that I want to leave Liverpool. The people who write these things have clearly not done very rigorous research."

Those are not the words of a man who wants to leave.

He is a class player and we should be keeping hold of all our top players if we are to mount a title challenge. Barry is a good player but he is not as good as Xabi. I know he went through a rough patch but he has been looking more like the Xabi we all know and love of late and he should not be sacrificed to free up money. If that is the reason, then we should all be very very worried.

Im going to compare the current Alonso and the current Barry but for me on present form Barry will add more balance to the team and would allow the left back more freedom to attack and allow Babel to not need to back track as much and therefore stay further upfield.

Barry i would imagine would play on the left of a central midfield partnership with Alonso and obviously will bring a pretty good passing ability and he can deliver a very good cross from deep as well.

What playing Barry also allows is for example we do sign Dossena he likes to get forward and Barry can quite comfortably cover the Italian.

Im not too fussed about Barry's goal return as Alonso was exactly going to trouble Torres in the scoring stakes and the fact Barry can take a good free kick and corner will hopefully improve us in situations we have struggled for a while now.

Says La Gazzetta dello Sport.

They claim that Juve director Jean-Claude Blanc has had talks on Merseyside with Benitez and Parry. LFC want 20m euros (16m pounds) for Alonso, after initially demanding 23m euros (18,3m pounds). Juve on their part have only offered 15m euros (12m pounds) thus far.

16m pounds is the very least he should go for, in my opinion.

If he goes for anything around £16 Mill and above I think we'll have done a great bit of business - If he stays I'll look forward to drooling over some of his performances (although they have been few and far between over the last two seasons). Win Win.

The other thing here is that if Benitez is willing to listen to offers for Alonso and is chasing Barry - it's a definite indicator of a willingness to change a teams approach to get what we all want.

I applaud that.

This is just disguisting, why the fuck are we selling one of our most naturally talented players for £16m. Rafa is really starting to worry me this summer, we're continually seem to be linked/ negotiating with dross and on top of that we're selling one of our top players at a knock down price to fuckin Juve! Seriously if we have another mediocre season like last then Rafa will have no fucking excuses this time.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I thought that he was Barry was being brought in to play LB or LM when we first got linked and after hearing Rafa's comments the other week I'm now convinced which makes letting Alonso go even more strange.

I really hope this turns out to be bollocks because I think Xabi has still got a big part to play if we are to challenge for the league.

This is just disguisting, why the fuck are we selling one of our most naturally talented players for £16m. Rafa is really starting to worry me this summer, we're continually seem to be linked/ negotiating with dross and on top of that we're selling one of our top players at a knock down price to fuckin Juve! Seriously if we have another mediocre season like last then Rafa will have no fucking excuses this time.

I think your barking up the wrong tree.Its not Rafa thats worrying me its the fucking owners.

Two or three seasons ago I would have said Alonso was one of our most influential players (not one of our best) but for almost two seasons now he hasn't exherted that sort of influence on our play.

I love him enough to think he'd actually be happier in the Scuddetto than here in the prem and his skill and talents would be easier to display.

Seems that Juve want to give him that chance and Like I said in another post - if he goes, we get a lot a team rebuilding cash - if he stays, we get to see him ply his trade for us and try to get back to the player he was.

Win-Win.

Not sure how relevant the Carrick/Hargreaves comparisons are, I'm sure even the most rabid manure fan would admit they paid well over the odds there. Ferguson was desperate for both so they forked out big time.

Maybe Juve are just really envious of the 'Best Midfield in the World' song -

"Xabi Alonso, Momo Sissoko, Gerrard and Mascherano."

Better lock up Stevie and Javi.

Has barry got a middle name?

We bought him for £10.5M so £16M wouldn't be a disaster. I don't want him to go though as I think he's better than Barry.

Agree with that.

I'll be gutted if he goes. Probably been my favourite player since he arrived. Sheer class in every way, is Alonso.

Plus, I'll have to ditch my Xabi mug.

Guest TK-421
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That's true enough, but you just get the feeling that his form is not far off and the team would benefit from it ten fold. Just a matter of weighing up the risks and how much we need the cash now. I'm just trying to be positive.

We`ve been waiting for more than two seasons now. Alonso has for the two last season probably been our most dissapointing player.

Because we know how good he can be it hurts to see him playing well off his ability week in week out. I think Lucas has offered the team just as much as Xabi this season, and he has been slated by many for not beeing good enough, even though he`s in his first season and still just a kid. Xabi`s reputation is built on his first season, had he been bought and then played like he has for the last two seasons im pretty sure he would`nt have been labelled as a success.

To me £16m would be a good return considering we paid £18.2 + add ons (according to the kopite who usually know these things ) for Torres.

I think your barking up the wrong tree.Its not Rafa thats worrying me its the fucking owners.

The owners are cunts but thats a different issue, if Rafa sells all the deadwood in our squad and Xabi as well he has a large amount of cash to play with. Its then up to him to purchase quality with it.

alonsooggarcia.jpg

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo