You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fucklinbumcheeks

RedinSweden

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how you feel. Rafa's given us back our dignity. It's hard to explain with all the shit going on, but I am an old get and remember Shanks and Paisley from my youth, I reckon they would have understood Rafa and acknowlged the shit he's been under.

I don't understand it either, and the worst thing is they'll probably succeed in lynching Rafa and then the next manager will still be "no closer to the title", and the same cunts will want him out as well, except this time it will be after two years, and so on and so on as we slip down the table until we're bloody Newcastle.

The problem is we're only the fourth richest club in the country and we can't punch above our weight, but some people won't open their eyes to it. The die was cast nearly twenty years ago when we failed to move with the times. The only way we will change things is to give a manager time to do what Wenger has done and to make sure we're in a position to cash in when he does. Unless someone comes in and pours money into the club, that is. And in my opinion that's unlikely.

I don't understand it either, and the worst thing is they'll probably succeed in lynching Rafa and then the next manager will still be "no closer to the title", and the same cunts will want him out as well, except this time it will be after two years, and so on and so on as we slip down the table until we're bloody Newcastle.

The problem is we're only the fourth richest club in the country and we can't punch above our weight, but some people won't open their eyes to it. The die was cast nearly twenty years ago when we failed to move with the times. The only way we will change things is to give a manager time to do what Wenger has done and to make sure we're in a position to cash in when he does. Unless someone comes in and pours money into the club, that is. And in my opinion that's unlikely.

Egzackly

The fourth richest club thing is a red herring. Man Utd's profits are eaten up by loan repayments, Arsenal don't seem to spend their money and Chelsea's figures include Chelsea Village.

A lot of people wouldn't be bothered if Benitez left because almost 4 years after he arrived at the club we're no closer to challenging for the league and we're in a scrap for fourth place with Everton, City and Villa who have all spent nowhere near what Benitez has. The football at times is also piss poor.

It also pisses me off that if the people who would like to see a change are called a cunt and no better than a Newcastle fan, which I've got to say is a load of bollocks. I know a lot people don't want to see Rafa leave that's fair enough but you won't find me calling these people cunts for accepting mediocrity. Its all about opinion, but it seems if your opinion is that Benitez should make way then that makes you some sort of heretic or even less of a Liverpool fan.

That is genius Zigackly!

The fourth richest club thing is a red herring. Man Utd's profits are eaten up by loan repayments, Arsenal don't seem to spend their money and Chelsea's figures include Chelsea Village.

A lot of people wouldn't be bothered if Benitez left because almost 4 years after he arrived at the club we're no closer to challenging for the league and we're in a scrap for fourth place with Everton, City and Villa who have all spent nowhere near what Benitez has. The football at times is also piss poor.

It also pisses me off that if the people who would like to see a change are called a cunt and no better than a Newcastle fan, which I've got to say is a load of bollocks. I know a lot people don't want to see Rafa leave that's fair enough but you won't find me calling these people cunts for accepting mediocrity. Its all about opinion, but it seems if your opinion is that Benitez should make way then that makes you some sort of heretic or even less of a Liverpool fan.

Whereas ours...... Oh, wait a minute!

I don't know whether this is still a valid thread about Rafa or not but I am going to reply as though it was.

Basically my feeling is we cannot even begin to worry about Rafa's involvement until the ownership issue is well and truly over with and he can be judged on the field over a settled period.

He is a great custodian of our club, a proper gentleman and a great manager who should always have our backing. I can't imagine the shitstorm if we change managers and owners in one fail swoop. You need some continuity in every takeover to avoid massive disruption.

In the meantime Rafa will secure 4th and keep us challenging in the cups. Expecting anything better with the circus that's going on is a joke.

Totally agree with that Rob, peoples opinions need to be respected more, comparisons to Newcastle fans offends me like someone punchin me ma would!

Totally agree with that Rob, peoples opinions need to be respected more, comparisons to Newcastle fans offends me like someone punchin me ma would!

Well if the shoe fits? Everyone was happy with Rafa last summer. However, now? He's got a whole mess of kneejerkers going "SACK HIM!!!!!" and if we manage another Champions League Final... these knobs are going to be masturbating furioursly to his photo.

Let's be honest. The people who want Rafa out are mad. They want more discontent spread throughout the club and watch us slip further down the table.

Look at our bitter neighbors. They've got a few good players, a few decent players, and a few shite players. They've had the same manager for eight years and have built their 'respectable' squad. They are starting to punch above their weight.

Arsenal have been building that squad for years and it looks like it might give them a title.

The filth have had whiskeynose in charge so long that I can't image him ever leaving... Argh.

We need long term stability in the managerial position and these fucking kneejerks need to realise that Rafa is the guy who will have us punching above our weight.

Look at all the work he has put into the youth development system. We've got some very fine youngsters in our reserves/youth and we'll start seeing dividends in the first team within the next two years.

Why not give Rafa time and let him finish building his squad?

He's shown that he can correct his errors and that he is the most tactically astute manager we have had since Paisley.

We lose nothing by giving him time, we gain marginal boost at best if we find someone else.