You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chris Bascombe

Paul

Guest The Chimp

Blasphemy! Remember drinking in their with Jimmy (the then owner) when I was first going out with the Mrs about 1990. Had the pub to ourselves - Ozzy's Mrs served behind the bar. Think it was 1.20 for doubles. Ahhh, the memories!

Why don't I get thanked in all this.As soon as they arrived I started FC Liverpool off.

From what I am told(source inside the club)once they saw what I was doing and the fact I had 30,000 on the waiting list for season tickets.

They went straight back to DIC and offered them there shares.

Bascombe confirmed this in an email to me this week said to pass on his thanks :whistle:

Blasphemy! Remember drinking in their with Jimmy (the then owner) when I was first going out with the Mrs about 1990. Had the pub to ourselves - Ozzy's Mrs served behind the bar. Think it was 1.20 for doubles. Ahhh, the memories!

I think the fact you had the pub to yourselves speaks volumes really.

Guest The Chimp
I think the fact you had the pub to yourselves speaks volumes really.

Was about a minutes walk back to the Mrs - just hang on to the corrugated iron and you'd end up at Garden Lodge. Mind you it did go a bit down hill after me and Corinne stopped going in.:whistle: We got posh and started drinking in the Black Bull.

Was the Turtle the one that was in the middle of the old Netherley tenement flats? Spent a few Sunday afternoon's in there on the few rare occassions that the Huyton Park wasn't having a stay-behind (this was the days before all day opening for all you confused young pups). We used to call it Hitler's bunker as it had hardly any windows and was rough as fuck.

Was the Turtle the one that was in the middle of the old Netherley tenement flats? Spent a few Sunday afternoon's in there on the few rare occassions that the Huyton Park wasn't having a stay-behind (this was the days before all day opening for all you confused young pups). We used to call it Hitler's bunker as it had hardly any windows and was rough as fuck.

Got to the laugh at the irony of a Huyton Park patron having the gall to call anywhere `rough as Fuck`.

Guest The Chimp

I've gopt something in my eye here! Ahem, sniff . . . that's the one. I live in the most beautiful part of the world, I truly do, but what I wouldn't give for a few bevvies in there. My Mrs had a horse - kept off Wheahill - and her old man took it pissed, wearing a pair of cowboy boots and a hat and rode it there (fuck knows where he got that get-up from). Left it tethered up outside! You used to have to kick the door three timtes to get in those days. When I was there it was simply a run through snipers alley and you were in.

Guest The Chimp

After the Turtle sadly closed down we decided to have our engagement in the Legion down Wood Lane. We got kicked out late and it was freezing - looked liked something out of "American Werewold in London". I also remember when her sister had her "do" in the labour club on Belle Vale - another sadly missed drinking establishment around the beautiful Neherley estate - cheap, cheerful and next to Belle Vale police station if you were too pissed to get home.

Why don't I get thanked in all this.As soon as they arrived I started FC Liverpool off.

From what I am told(source inside the club)once they saw what I was doing and the fact I had 30,000 on the waiting list for season tickets.

They went straight back to DIC and offered them there shares.

You don't rate Pepe therefore Al your opinion is null and void.

Sorry but that is how it is. By the way what is Thomas's view on the Pepe.

I've gopt something in my eye here! Ahem, sniff . . . that's the one. I live in the most beautiful part of the world, I truly do, but what I wouldn't give for a few bevvies in there. My Mrs had a horse - kept off Wheahill - and her old man took it pissed, wearing a pair of cowboy boots and a hat and rode it there (fuck knows where he got that get-up from). Left it tethered up outside! You used to have to kick the door three timtes to get in those days. When I was there it was simply a run through snipers alley and you were in.

Did you ever get in the Blue Peter mate?

• 2 weeks later...
Heard Paul McCarthy on the radio this morning saying that Chris Bascombe will break a very interesting story tomorrow, which Liverpool fans will find very "surprising"...........we shall see.

interesting, i might have a drunken ramble into a shop in town later to read all about....

but i wont buy it

I just hope it is good news, but I doubt it.

After the last 2-3 months, I have forgotten what good news looks like. Just an announcement that there will be no more bad news for 2 weeks would feel like cause for celebration.

about Rafa?

1) Rafa to be SENSATIONALLY sacked at the end of the season

2) Rafa to be handed x million in the summer

3) Rafa to Real Madrid/Valencia/<insert spanish team here>

After monitoring fan opinion it'll be Rafa's a cunt and should be sacked, he's lost the team and is no better than Houllier.

I'd go for one of those.

Could it be DIC have decided to fuck off and Miskelly is backing the fans bid.

Im hoping that the Sheik has decided he doesnt want DIC to buy Liverpool but he wasnts to buy us himself and lavish us with tons of money to make us Champions once again.

Wishful thinking.

Could it be DIC have decided to fuck off and Miskelly is backing the fans bid.

Im hoping that the Sheik has decided he doesnt want DIC to buy Liverpool but he wasnts to buy us himself and lavish us with tons of money to make us Champions once again.

Wishful thinking.

Matter of days....