You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

REGRET

bri

I fucked up a relationship with a girl called Alison when I was 19/20. I got dumped at Geneva airport, I boarded the flight and I've never seen her since. I was a dick head, insecure, stupid and probably got what I deserved. I regretted it for years but what's the fucking point? She isn't coming back. It come to a stage where there was no point in letting it cloud my thinking and I had to learn to forget about it and move on. It was hard, though, I remember being on the plane, the snot bubbling down my face from where I'd been crying and, no shit, my GP at the time was sat three rows in front of me. C'est la vie.

Dirk, your location says Great Ness. Is that the Great Ness in Shropshire? Or are you being clever and it is "Greatness". I don't look kindly on abuse of Shropshire place names.

Dirk, your location says Great Ness. Is that the Great Ness in Shropshire? Or are you being clever and it is "Greatness". I don't look kindly on abuse of Shropshire place names.

It's greatness but I would be a liar if I said I didn't get Great Ness as inspiration. There's a place on Wirral called Ness and I thought one day that it'd be quite amusing if there was a place called Great Ness so I Googled it and I found Great Ness in Shropshire, with a church. I then changed my location.

Guest PaddyBerger15

My folks live down in Shropshire now, its a nice part of the world.

It's greatness but I would be a liar if I said I didn't get Great Ness as inspiration. There's a place on Wirral called Ness and I thought one day that it'd be quite amusing if there was a place called Great Ness so I Googled it and I found Great Ness in Shropshire, with a church. I then changed my location.

Salop abusing bastard. You are on the list pal.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Where abouts?

(apols to Bri for the thread hijack)

Just over from Shrewsbury abit, between Newport and Telford....basically a mile or so outside of Lilleshall.

James Gandolfini (tony Soprano) never got his first acting job until he was 31!

Isn't acting something you can edge into while your working? Mate if I had that kind of background and critical approval i'd deffo get on the case!

I can only do small enough parts while i'm working as i'm on shifts but hopefully in the future i'll give it another go. Money is the one of the main reasons i gave it up as its very very hard to keep getting regular paying jobs and you could go a long time without a job.

One lad i used to do shows with is now playing the lead part in "I Keano" (its based on Keano in the world cup when he walked out) which is brilliant and funny and he's touring Ireland and England with it which makes me a bit jealous but i admire him for sticking with it and eventually getting his big break.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Anywhere near the Shroshire Golf Club near Honnington? I have played there.

Yep, thats it Jim, just down the road from the Shropshire Golf Club. Thats at the end of Muxton Lane, they live just off the Wellington Road. Its really nice down there, when I go back to visit I go out walking up around Lilleshall and into Newport and back, its about an 8 miles round trip, but its nice countryside and makes a change from the concrete jungle around Anfield.

Yep, thats it Jim, just down the road from the Shropshire Golf Club. Thats at the end of Muxton Lane, they live just off the Wellington Road. Its really nice down there, when I go back to visit I go out walking up around Lilleshall and into Newport and back, its about an 8 miles round trip, but its nice countryside and makes a change from the concrete jungle around Anfield.

I love it in Shropshire, but I would find it hard to get a good job within a decent distance. Sweden is ace though.

Guest Jay W

Dont regret anything. Whats done is done so you either learn from it and become a better person for it or face the fact theres nothing you can do about it now and forget it. Not everybody can think like that, I know but thats the way I look at things.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I love it in Shropshire, but I would find it hard to get a good job within a decent distance. Sweden is ace though.

The house prices down there are mad compared with up here, but I love it down there aswell, its v pleasant and I could gladly retire to a quiet life in the country. I dont drive so Id be knackered, you need a car to have any kind of independence there, so getting a job and travelling would be a ball ache. But one day, if my folks stay there, I could be persuaded to move, or to live in Cheshire, thats a nice part of the world aswell.

Its pleasant around Lilleshall, the people seem friendly and it has an olde worldy feel to it. The new houses built up near the Golf Club are expensive and each time I go back they seem to be building more. Its nice in the winter time, you can put your hat and gloves on and walk for miles, each time I go back I discover somewhere new. I discovered Lilleshall Abbey last Xmas...Im like the Columbus of Liverpool these days.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Is Albrighton in Shropshire?

I think it might be mate, Ive heard or seen the name down that way.

I pulled a very fit blonde and she agreed to go back to mine until I got all chivalrous and said I'd sleep on the sofa. Very much regretted it at the time but I learnt my lesson about how to treat women

Just about. I think its as far as you can go without disappearing up the arse of Wolverhampton.

Apart from being a place where old people go to die it has a cracking little boozer, the Crown.

Dont regret anything. Whats done is done so you either learn from it and become a better person for it or face the fact theres nothing you can do about it now and forget it. Not everybody can think like that, I know but thats the way I look at things.

Same here, you can't put shit back in the donkey.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Same here, you can't put shit back in the donkey.

Fuck me, we've got Albert Camus in the house :lol:

Brilliant analogy mate, I liked that.

Regret's, I've got a few, but as us all the worst is a past relationship. She moved from Ormskirk to Live in London, I hate the place (no offence to any of you lot down there, it's just not for me), we did the long distance for a few months but it seriously did my head in getting to see her once every 2-3 weekends, and then she met a load of new mates and all that shit, my head nearly burst. I ended it after a months "break" and at the time it was the right thing to do as I was in a right down mood over it all, but when I think back (which is after around 4-5 pints) I think all sorts of stuff, and end up thinking that I should have just grown some balls and tried living in London. Fucking stupid thing is 6 months later I fucked off to live in Zurich of all places, but this is where another regret may just be about to form. I came home to work in UK office for 5 weeks (which also included the Chelsea game) and I got so used to being home again and all that, and to be honest work is shite at present, no fucker will talk English to you and other things I won't go into, so on Thursday last week I quit, fucking well done Wes :wallbutt: I just can't settle over here and would rather go back to UK, so that is that, I'll prob regret this in around 6 months, typical!

when i was 18 or so, i had a girlfriend (friend who was a girl) named Allie that was in love with me, i didn't know. I was young and really stupid/unaware. i ended up breaking her heart by dating one of her best friends. there was destruction all around. their relationship disintegrated. Allie managed to turn practically everyone in my school against me; friends, aquaintainces, teachers, the lunch lady, everyone. i had a shit senior year of school because of it.

i believe regrets are not something that you should let tie you down, but you should learn from them. i am more more 'aware' now as it relates to my current girlfriend's feelings as well with protecting other girls feelings. to the point where i'll look like a twat telling a girl who decides to chat me up at a bar, "i am cool with chatting with you, but i have a girlfriend and you should not waste your time on me if you are looking to hook up tonight." sad, but true.