You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbings

Section_31

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

Your powers of deduction are formidable.

And yet they fail me when I try to understand why is the police so coy over his identity, the day before it was front page news, day after you have to read between the lines to form some kind of picture. Must be a cultural thing.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And yet they fail me when I try to understand why is the police so coy over his identity, the day before it was front page news, day after you have to read between the lines to form some kind of picture. Must be a cultural thing.

Come again? 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Come again? 

That lack of interest in the follow-up, as in, if you remember the case of murdered children last year or so, where some incestuous couple were arrested after trying to kill five or six children, there was a moment after everyone was horrified that children were involved (two of them died I think) and "our hearts go out to the victims", but nobody seemed to care what actually happened, especially once the authorities stopped giving out information.

So, this must be a cultural thing I don't understand, I get there are procedures and laws regulating what information can be revealed and when, but the part I don't get is, how can you have genuine feelings for the victims and yet seemingly no interest in what has actually happened and why. This is seen as intrusion of privacy or something. 

Just now, SasaS said:

That lack of interest in the follow-up, as in, if you remember the case of murdered children last year or so, where some incestuous couple were arrested after trying to kill five or six children, there was a moment after everyone was horrified that children were involved (two of them died I think) and "our hearts go out to the victims", but nobody seemed to care what actually happened, especially once the authorities stopped giving out information.

So, this must be a cultural thing I don't understand, I get there are procedures and laws regulating what information can be revealed and when, but the part I don't get is, how can you have genuine feelings for the victims and yet seemingly no interest in what has actually happened and why. This is seen as intrusion of privacy or something. 

Possibly, or maybe the authorities are still trying to gather the correct information and aren't allowing the media to speculate? This happened to days ago. The example you have used about the children kind of proves the point that the full picture will be revealed once its as correct as possible. 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

What culture are you referring to here?

There's a lot of interest in this story here in Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Possibly, or maybe the authorities are still trying to gather the correct information and aren't allowing the media to speculate? This happened to days ago. The example you have used about the children kind of proves the point that the full picture will be revealed once its as correct as possible. 

Yes but that was months later, and the whole case was shrouded in mystery for weeks and then replaced by other events and almost forgotten. It was presented as horrific, yet without enough detail to make some sense of it. As if the public accepts it is enough to be told something horrific has happened to be horrified, but wanting to know exactly what and why is seen as indecent prying. That sounds to me like a cultural thing.

In the Glasgow thing, it was all over the news sites yesterday. today. almost forgotten, even if the police must know very well who he is. The only official thing you can gather from the coverage is they don't think it was related to terrorism or politically motivated.

28 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Yes but that was months later, and the whole case was shrouded in mystery for weeks and then replaced by other events and almost forgotten. It was presented as horrific, yet without enough detail to make some sense of it. As if the public accepts it is enough to be told something horrific has happened to be horrified, but wanting to know exactly what and why is seen as indecent prying. That sounds to me like a cultural thing.

In the Glasgow thing, it was all over the news sites yesterday. today. almost forgotten, even if the police must know very well who he is. The only official thing you can gather from the coverage is they don't think it was related to terrorism or politically motivated.

I assume you are talking about those people who died in a lorry trying to get into the UK last year? I agree that it went very quiet on that and not a lot has been said since,or so it seems anyhow.

27 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I assume you are talking about those people who died in a lorry trying to get into the UK last year? I agree that it went very quiet on that and not a lot has been said since,or so it seems anyhow.

No, I was talking about this, the couple killing their own children.

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-barrass-evil-mother-jailed-for-murdering-two-teenage-sons-11859749

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

No, I was talking about this, the couple killing their own children.

https://news.sky.com/story/sarah-barrass-evil-mother-jailed-for-murdering-two-teenage-sons-11859749

So to make a point about not ever finding out the details of the killings you have posted an article literally doing just that? 

Edgy. I like it. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

So to make a point about not ever finding out the details of the killings you have posted an article literally doing just that? 

Edgy. I like it. 

I didn't say not ever, I agreed the details were made public months later. When the arrests and deaths happened, the info was being mostly being held back and... ah, what's the point anyway. Forget it.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I didn't say not ever, I agreed the details were made public months later. When the arrests and deaths happened, the info was being mostly being held back and... ah, what's the point anyway. Forget it.

Like I said mate, I think they are just waiting for the facts before sending out any old information. 

Don't worry though, if the victims were all white folk it would still be headline news. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Don’t worry, Raab is sending thoughts and prayers. 

Which thoughts is he sending though? Those in which he and his ilk don’t really give a fuck unless there’s some political capital to be gained. 

What prayers is he sending though? Those that hope this incident provides an opportunity to gain political capital. 

I watched this person on Marr this morning. He doesn’t appear to be oozing charisma. Or competence. Or empathy. 

The bloke they've arrested has now been charged with murder and several attempted murder charges. 

Union Jack Twitter won't be happy. The Somalian Muslim who allegedly did it must be from the lesser known McLeod clan from just outside Mogadishu. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/08/man-27-charged-with-over-birmingham-stabbings

36 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The bloke they've arrested has now been charged with murder and several attempted murder charges. 

Union Jack Twitter won't be happy. The Somalian Muslim who allegedly did it must be from the lesser known McLeod clan from just outside Mogadishu. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/sep/08/man-27-charged-with-over-birmingham-stabbings

Nightcat?

On 07/09/2020 at 21:08, Dougie Do'ins said:

Turns out the lad who died and another one who's in a critical condition were both from Crosby.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/familys-worst-nightmare-son-fights-18894933

Yes   my mate knew him, a good lad and Red too. 

Fuckin' scumbag knife wielding vile cunt. He doesn't matter though eh!