You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Panorama show tomorrow

Stu Monty

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it pretention?

It's an outrageously arrogant stance that it's just business. It's there to make sure that clubs get rewarded for investment in youth and just pinching them isn't acceptable.

That's not the issue though is it? Even when tapping up allegations are made, the clubs who lose the player get paid - i.e. Notts County got £2M for Pennant from Arsenal.

And anyway, this programme was about bungs, and there was no evidence of any bungs being paid. And how can we be suspected of an illegal approach to a player when the agent approached us?

It's naive to expect us to say 'sorry we're not talking to you about it, because we're not allowed'.

That's not the issue though is it? Even when tapping up allegations are made, the clubs who lose the player get paid - i.e. Notts County got £2M for Pennant from Arsenal.

And anyway, this programme was about bungs, and there was no evidence of any bungs being paid. And how can we be suspected of an illegal approach to a player when the agent approached us?

It's naive to expect us to say 'sorry we're not talking to you about it, because we're not allowed'.

The agent in question looks after Lucas Neil and were happy to deal with him if it suits the football clubs agenda so I dont think Liverpool fans should sit on judgement of other clubs like chelsea when we would do whatever was necessary to sign a player we wanted

The agent in question looks after Lucas Neil and were happy to deal with him if it suits the football clubs agenda so I dont think Liverpool fans should sit on judgement of other clubs like chelsea when we would do whatever was necessary to sign a player we wanted

Where did I say we didn't want to deal with him? My point is about the approach! If an agent comes to a club and says 'my player wants to leave, would you be interested?', I don't see what the problem is.

The problem is when a club goes directly to the agent/player and says we'll give you x amount of money to come to us. That's an illegal approach - an agent drumming up interest in his client shouldn't be illegal, it's basic business theory - supply and demand.

Totally different scenarios - I can't believe that some people cannot distinguish between the two.

Where did I say we didn't want to deal with him? My point is about the approach! If an agent comes to a club and says 'my player wants to leave, would you be interested?', I don't see what the problem is.

The problem is when a club goes directly to the agent/player and says we'll give you x amount of money to come to us. That's an illegal approach - an agent drumming up interest in his client shouldn't be illegal, it's basic business theory - supply and demand.

Totally different scenarios - I can't believe that some people cannot distinguish between the two.

so its ok for an agent to approach a club but a club is not allowed to approach the agent of a player it wants to sign.

so its ok for an agent to approach a club but a club is not allowed to approach the agent of a player it wants to sign.

No it's not ok, but the club is only in the wrong if it approaches a player/agent without consent from the other club.

If the agent/player approaches a buying club, then they are in the wrong.

That's the difference.

No it's not ok, but the club is only in the wrong if it approaches a player/agent without consent from the other club.

That's the difference.

I can see your point and may even be coming round to your way of thinking.

That's the difference.

The reaction I’ve seen today (on teletext) from Keith Lamb, the Middlesbrough CEO, slams Harrison (the agent) for hawking the player to other clubs, but contains no criticism (so far) for the clubs involved.

I think we've shown with the youngsters we've brought in recently, that we're pretty above board. Hobbs and Anderson were done through their clubs, and once we realised the Greek striker wasn't all above board we pulled out.

Hobbs was done via Charles Collymore, one of the three featured agents.

I really expected more of my football club than that

When did you buy LFC?...was it at the meeting today? How much did you have to cough up? If it`s your club, doesn`nt the responsibility to comment ultimately fall on you?

Well...i`m sure it will all be revealed.

Hobbs was done via Charles Collymore, one of the three featured agents.

Really? Lincoln did really well out of that deal though - wasn't it £1mill after appearances and the pre-season friendly? I seem to remember Lincoln coming out and saying they were really happy with how we conducted the whole transfer.

Really? Lincoln did really well out of that deal though - wasn't it £1mill after appearances and the pre-season friendly? I seem to remember Lincoln coming out and saying they were really happy with how we conducted the whole transfer.

True Hobbs were on his way to Arsenal when Liverpool snapped him up while Arsenal was trying to shaft Lincoln. Lincoln did come out saying how proffesional Liverpool behaved, and i believe Lincoln made a few pounds from the friendly as well.

Just watched this and it confirms to me that GH was on the take: so many deals for variable quality players via one agent. He has to be one of their 18 past or present Premiership managers.

Also, surely Wenger is the unnamed guy who shit out of receiving his second fifty grand? The French term for "a trap" was used - who else would use that? The player looked like he was young and black. Who did Arsenal sign of that description in the January window?

I reckon Allardyce is fucked. If the FA don't get him, the taxman will.

On the tapping up thing, it's bollocks. It's incomparable to bribery and not illegal; just against the footballing rules.

Just had a look on youtube for the Liverpool clip from the Panorama show and it wasn't there. What was there were two five minute clips from the show so I thought I's podt them on here in case any of those people in loser countries where they speak foreign wanted to watch them:

Failed sting

Redknapp

Don't thank me; public service posting is part of my mandate.

Also, surely Wenger is the unnamed guy who shit out of receiving his second fifty grand? The French term for "a trap" was used - who else would use that? The player looked like he was young and black. Who did Arsenal sign of that description in the January window?

It was allegedly Slur, the player whose face was blurred is allegedly Patrice Evra.

• 2 weeks later...

Danish newspapers are today running a story about WBA and the transfer fee for Martin Albrechtsen. Alledgedly FC Copenhagen asked for 22 million Danish kroner for him, however WBA paid 27 million for him. The agent involved in the transfer is Mark Curtis, who funnily enough is also Megson's agent.

Link to danish article http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/article229621.ece

• 4 years later...

Dont worry everyone.

Blatter and the ethics commitee are claiming to have found corruption.

FIFA are saying Bin Hammam tried to blackmail Jack Warner into backing him.

Funny how the two most corrupt people in FIFA and decided that the man running against them is offering brides.