You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cover Versions

Karl_b

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rain" covered by Madness on the Dangermen Sessions album. The original by Bruce Ruffin was a pretty good track, but the cover was much more "raw".

All in all 'tis actually quite a good album, with the likes of Israelites, Shame and Scandal, Taller and I Chase The Devil (aka Ironshirt) standing out, with the real pity being the omission of "It Mek" from the live gigs, which got everyone up and about...

In addition to the above UB40 have been churning out "classic covers" (an oxymoron?) for years, and really haven't had the credit they deserve - Many Rivers To Cross, Kingston Town & The Way You Do The Things You Do being right up there.

Ooh, nearly forgot the Katie Melua version of "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" is also pretty good, although to be fair I would sit and drool if she was singing me a Summons / Menu / Shopping List etc..

Richard Cheese is always a good bet for covers, he does lounge versions of songs, Creep, Welcome to the Jungle and Rape Me are pretty funny.

As for more straight ahead covers, Belly doing Are You Experienced and Elliott Smiths versions of Jealous Guy and Thirteen are cool

Guest Norman Bates

Elvis Presley - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Elvis Presley - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

The Byrds - Mr Tambourine Man

Willie Nelson - Always on My Mind

Cake - I Will Survive

and

Mike and the Flower Pops - Wonderwall

Guest TK-421

Dope - You Spin Me (Like a Record) as featured on the American Psycho soundtrack.

I urge everyone to download it on Limewire or similar it kicks bottoms.

Disagree?

Whenever I see Kelly from the Stereophonics I first laugh at him and what he has become, then I'm angry at the people who feel it's fine to keep funding them and then I feel sad at the fact that the band that made the first album never moved on.

Yes I disagree. I've never head it but the original is amazing and I'm hardly having a wild stab in the dark saying that Kelly "Croeso Y Deja Vu" will not have done a good job of it.