You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cover Versions

Karl_b

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive gotten round to downloading some of the ones mentioned on here that I had never heard and have to say that the following are exceptional:

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes

Jose Gonzalez - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Jose Gonzalez - Hand On Your Heart

Jose Gonzalez - Teardrop

Ben Harper - Strawberry Fields

John Martyn - Glory Box

• 2 weeks later...
Linkin Park are so very fuckin gay, as is all 'nu metal.'

I was reading Xabi's blog earlier and he likes Nirvana... and erm... Robbie Williams.

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Anyone hear the version of the current Sigur Ros tune (Theme to Planet Earth) being covered by We Are Scientists on Radio 1 this week? Very ambitious and also very, very good. Not as good as the original but it was very pleasing on the ear.

Just found a link for it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/live_lounge/we_are_scientists_gallery/1.shtml

Click 15 minutes in and you are bang on the Sigur Ros tune. Enjoy.

Oh and if someone wants to repay this investigative research with somehow ripping it off the net and telling me where I can download it then feel free.

Placebo - Bigmouth Strikes Again (The Smiths)

Disturbed - Shout (Tears for Fears)

Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love (Soft Cell)

Rammstein - Das Model (Kraftwerk)

Frank Zappa - Murder by Numbers (Sting)

Pancreatic Aardvarks - Judas as Black Moth (Current 93)

Levellers - S.O.S. (Abba)

Helloween - Hocus Pocus (Focus)

Nivana - Lake of Fire (Meat Puppets)

They'll do for now...

Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

Anyone hear the version of the current Sigur Ros tune (Theme to Planet Earth) being covered by We Are Scientists on Radio 1 this week? Very ambitious and also very, very good. Not as good as the original but it was very pleasing on the ear.

Just found a link for it: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/jowhiley/live_lounge/we_are_scientists_gallery/1.shtml

Click 15 minutes in and you are bang on the Sigur Ros tune. Enjoy.

Oh and if someone wants to repay this investigative research with somehow ripping it off the net and telling me where I can download it then feel free.

Sigur Ros are playing in Sweden in the summer at the amazing Dalhalla

It's not on Limewire yet, but the best ones tend to make it there eventually.

Yeah. Unless you can rip the track of the net and send me it of course...but if you can't do that then get a fucking job you paracite.

I'll do it for you Stu. I wont even click all over the place this time either.

The Count feels he must point out a noticeable absentee on this thread.

Jim Shuler's (sp?) version of Lead Belly's Western Plain, which has also been covered by Rory Gallagher.

The Count has spent many an enjoyable evening listening and playing along to the DAGDAD tuned ditty in his Belfry.

Men and women of the forum, you will enjoy the Count's contribution.

Guest TK-421

I use Emule+ for all my P2P needs. Unfortunately Belgian and Swiss police seized the Razorback2 servers and arrested the folk who ran them. Razorback2 was by far the best server. Donkey Server No.2 has come to the rescue and now assumed the mantle of best Emule server.

Emule is nowhere near as fast as Limewire but has far better content, in my opinion.