You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2024

Fury a stone lighter than for Ngannou.

But only around 3 lbs lighter than when fought Whyte and 6lbs lighter when fought Chisora.

Usyk a career heaviest - expected really. 16st 6 - was 15st 11 v Joshua.

2 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

BT Sport must be fucking loving it.

Haha yeah defo. Box office carnage. Give him his credit, he’s fucking funny when he goes off on one. 

I think I’m as exited for this fight as I’ve been since Froch v Groves 2. The fights in America are too corrupt for me to really get up for. 

Eddie Hearns back garden > MGM Grand 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think I’m as exited for this fight as I’ve been since Froch v Groves 2. The fights in America are too corrupt for me to really get up for. 

Eddie Hearns back garden > MGM Grand 

Shame it is taking place in a soulless place

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, John102 said:

Fury continuing to wear Cuban heels, to continue the 6'9 lie.

I’ve stood next to him and I genuinely didn’t think he looked that big! Got a picture somewhere and he’s not much bigger than me 

He is nowhere near 6'9" - he might scrape 6'7" on a good day fresh out of his pit, but that is about it.

Only have to see him next to Wilder or Joshua to know 6'9" is a massive lie.

A fella I know does the security for Fury. Got a gym in Pontyclun.  His boys run all the doors in Cardiff, a right fucking bunch. Good fella Brendan.  Been by Furys side for years. 

I hope Fury does the business, can't see it though to be honest. The other boxer looks more tuned and more hungry. Hope I'm wrong. 

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2022-09-03/tyson-fury-enjoys-breakfast-in-valleys-cafe-before-heading-to-wwe-event

• Upvote 1

Whatever happens, win, lose or draw, that fucking oaf Fury will make it all about him.

If he loses he'll announce his retirement and start singing.

If he wins, he'll start signing and make sure everyone knows he's the greatest of all time.

If it's a draw, he'll start singing and make a fucking fortune in a rematch.

I hope Usyk knocks the cunt out and then knocks his dad out as well.

And then Usyk and his team find everyone that Fury has ever met and knocks them out.

The gang of fucking tinkers.

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 1

Wouldn't be surprised if he wins then immediately retires so the belts separate, taking years before anyone can unify them all again, meanwhile Fury spends the rest of his life dining off it, telling everyone hes the greatest boxer who ever lived. 

Tyson Fury is such a great name for a fighter that I was surprised to learn it was his real name. So, destiny and all that. Usyk can only try to attach to Fury like ivy with its tendrils.

I dont bother with heavyweight boxing so much these days it's all a bit of a circus, but given Furys past statements about our city and its inhabitants I hope Usyk beats him like a gong.

• Thanks 1