You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

I don't think he has ever worked with someone else - was at Mainz originally wasn't he?

Think so but not certain, I'd imagine he'd be one of Klopp's first hire's if he has a move tio the national team lined up for a year/18 months time.

Ljinders might fancy another pop at management first.

Absolutely gutted, feel as bad now as when Kenny stepped down, only I’m 53 now & thought I’d be able to handle something like this better. I can’t. Things will never be the same again. What a fucking ride we’ve had. I just can’t see anyone getting out of this team what he does. 

• Upvote 5

Before Klopp arrived we were becoming a bit of a laughing stock.  It's not just a manager we are losing but a leader and a genuinely decent man, his sort don't come around often.

Now let's go beat these doped up rivals and enjoy the rest of his time here. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Absolutely gutted, feel as bad now as when Kenny stepped down, only I’m 53 now & thought I’d be able to handle something like this better. I can’t. Things will never be the same again. What a fucking ride we’ve had. I just can’t see anyone getting out of this team what he does. 

I was devastated when Paisley retired, don’t really remember Shankly. I’m 56.

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Listening to Solsbury Hill at present. Some of the lyrics seem quite apt today.

Swine.  I'm just listening to this and reading the lyrics having read your post and now my eyes seem to be leaking.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Nobody will because he is the best manager out there. Any manager we get is a step down. 

22 minutes ago, Dave D said:

If Xabi came in I hope he'd resist filling the backroom staff with ex-reds 

He's an intelligent man. He won't be doing that.

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Would he be enthused by Real or Barcelona?

No chance whatsoever. They are both political sports entertainment insitutions, he would despise both of them. I couldn't see him in Spain at all, but it would Atletico or one of the two Sevilla clubs if he did. I think he really needs some connection between club and city, and not in the way it exists in Barcelona.

German national team followed by retirement seems the most likely though.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

He's an intelligent man. He won't be doing that.

No chance whatsoever. They are both political sports entertainment insitutions, he would despise both of them. I couldn't see him in Spain at all, but it would Atletico or one of the two Sevilla clubs if he did. I think he really needs some connection between club and city. 

German national team followed by retirement seems the most likely though.

Think I remember Jurgen saying he would never manage in Spain as he doesn't speak the language and was too old or busy to learn. 

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Yeah, it's very similar feeling to when Kenny went. That was maybe even more of a shock, I feel klopp has always been preparing us for this moment as he was always clear he'd want a rest. What a cunt of a day. I feel absolutely sick. 

I don't know where we go from here to be honest. It will be a miracle to get anyone anywhere near as good as klopp and be able to produce such good teams on such a limited budget. You've only got to see the huge sums spent by Chelsea, man united, Everton and arsenal to see how tough it truly is and what a miracle he performs here as he did at Dortmund before. 

It's interesting the backroom team are all going. I always felt klopp had built a structure that could live on after he left and could allow a top tier manager just come and try and keep it going. I guess maybe them all going shows we might have someone (and his team) identified. But that seems really unlikely considering how quiet we've been able to keep this. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Hate to break it to you pal but they were owners for a few years beforehand and we wernt exactly in stellar shape.

Anyway bad news all round.

It's almost like appointing managers isn't an exact science and you can do it well or badly without it defining your legacy (and the club was recovering from an even worse shape during that time).

They might get it right, they might get it wrong but it'll depend on more factors than your particular view of a given owner.

11 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

That is the key bit for me. The way he has got on with it, with the positive energy which spread throughout the team, with the players he had at his disposal, year in year out, I just cannot see anyone managing that. 

I know we are all being emotional in writing those things but even thinking with a calm head (as much as possible), I am struggling to think of ONE manager in the world who could do what Klopp has done.

I am not taking this well, I just cannot believe he has made a decision to go (although I understand his reasons). 

As for the conspiracy theories, I couldn't give a flying fuck. 

The ONE man I didn't want to leave us is Klopp. What a fucking cunt of a day, fuck off. 

• Upvote 1