You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (H) - Sun 12th Nov 2023 (2:00pm)

Trumo

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Endo was mediocre and if Mac Allister had done that "second touch is a tackle" routine where he impaled Norgaard, there'd be calls that Mac Allister should be sold.

The agenda people think exists around Nunez, exists around Mac Allister.

Stacksy has nailed his colours to the mast, lads. 

Got to admit, I was nervous about this one.  Our shit performances in the last couple of games and the way the squad was stretched wrote the words BANANA SKIN in massive letters all over this one.

I shouldn't have worried.

Ali & Virg were everything we know they are.  Mo is ridiculous.  Tsimikas gave the kind of performance he owes us. Endo was very good and Matip was excellent.

Clean sheet, three good goals, three welcome points.

We go on.

17 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Endo was mediocre and if Mac Allister had done that "second touch is a tackle" routine where he impaled Norgaard, there'd be calls that Mac Allister should be sold.

The agenda people think exists around Nunez, exists around Mac Allister.

That’s rubbish, at least the first part of it. But it suits you’re agenda to say so I guess.

Just now, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

That’s rubbish, at least the first part of it. But it suits you’re agenda to say so I guess.

No, it isn't. The discourse around Mac Allister has been pathetic. Nunez is possibly the most constantly supported player in the squad. He gets chants when he wins a throw, ffs.

And "your".

I enjoyed that. Cracking performance. The 2 centre backs were great. But nearly everyone was lively. Kostas looked a bit wobbly early, but grew into it - although he can be empty headed at times. And as much as Tierney wanted to make it hard for us, we were just too good. 

For them mbeuemo was a handful. I wonder what he'd be like in a better team where he didn't have to do everything. 

All in all, great recovery after a poor week. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, it isn't. The discourse around Mac Allister has been pathetic. Nunez is possibly the most constantly supported player in the squad. He gets chants when he wins a throw, ffs.

And "your".

I understand it’s very important for you to always be right. I can say that you’re right on the part in bold, and hope it made you feel good to point that one out.

The rest is your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. I respect your opinions, you show on a regular basis that you have some knowledge on football. Also you show on a regular basis a childish need to prove that you’re always rightx hopefully you’ll drop that as you grow up.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I understand it’s very important for you to always be right. I can say that you’re right on the part in bold, and hope it made you feel good to point that one out.

The rest is your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. I respect your opinions, you show on a regular basis that you have some knowledge on football. Also you show on a regular basis a childish need to prove that you’re always rightx hopefully you’ll drop that as you grow up.

It's not. I've had loads of posts where I change a prior opinion based on current facts and I'm one of the few on this forum big enough to actually do this.

My stance on Nunez has softened loads, but I can only take so many missed open goals and shit finishing, mate. Maybe that's just me.

Not a bad performance and a great result. Virgil is deffo back. Thought Timi and Endo were mostly pretty good, Nunez  great and unlucky first half, while Jota was dreadful but always has that goal in him. I’d just let him goal hang. Mo. Just Mo. Gakpo ok first half. Trent did my head in again, but I’m wondering if I’m now judging him harshly, Ali, world class but farting about with the passing gives me palpitations. Matip ok and should never have been booked. Szobo ok but a bit safe. Happy to be second.  

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not. I've had loads of posts where I change a prior opinion based on current facts and I'm one of the few on this forum big enough to actually do this.

My stance on Nunez has softened loads, but I can only take so many missed open goals and shit finishing, mate. Maybe that's just me.

Not totally convinced about the first paragraph, the last sentence is an example of what I find a bit boring.

Fair play however for the last paragraph, and as one of Núñez’ supporters I have no problem agreeing that his finishing on the easier chances haven’t been good enough.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

What mast? Endo just objectively wasn't very good. It's more out there to say he was good today.

He was ok today. Macca has been playing ok mostly but not brilliant. I don’t know why you’re getting your knickers in such a twist. Nunez is great for us.

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He studded Norgaard in the leg, who was then bleeding. 

Not really, he did not go into the challenge with his studs showing but after they came together his studs dragged his leg. He did not "impale" him at all, there was nothing malicious or reckless in it.

• Upvote 2