You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hair transplant

dylstar

On 01/03/2023 at 13:45, dylstar said:

A bloke from work just had one done . Looks alright. Anyone on the forum had one ? ......  thoughts and ideas about this. 

20230301_134335.jpg

Is that photo before or after?

I would have it done if it guaranteed shoulder length hair, not the Wayne Rooney type effort.

The wig that Karl Pilkington had on looked great. But how long can you keep them on for before the bit of hair you have that still grows is growing underneath it?

11CA48F3-2A90-4BEF-8569-3CC7580F2E5A.gif

• 1 year later...

I'm starting to receed front and back now.

I'd love to just shave it all off but I haven't got the right shaped head for it. I did it once on a lads holiday and I looked like a crack addict. 

I know some lads that have had those modern wigs, but they look fucking terrible. They've made both lads look like butch lesbians! 

I've found some decent sprays and powders that cover it up well enough for now but long term I'm going to have to start saving for something more drastic!

6 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

I'd love to just shave it all off but I haven't got the right shaped head for it. I did it once on a lads holiday and I looked like a crack addict. 

I know some lads that have had those modern wigs, but they look fucking terrible. They've made both lads look like butch lesbians! 

I've found some decent sprays and powders that cover it up well enough for now but long term I'm going to have to start saving for something more drastic!

Embrace it man! It's only hair. More trouble than it's worth.

8 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

cOOSp0.gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Mine started receding before I hit 30, a proper M head so just started having it cut with a 1 at the sides and a 2 on top.

Eventually I bought a Wahl and my Mrs started cutting it for me ending up with it getting cut with no comb attachment and cut to the shortest it can be without actually shaving it.

Been like that for 30 years now.

I get that it's not for everyone and some fellas can lose some self esteem, but you are who you are. You define who you are not your hair.

As for me, I might look like a cross between Uncle Fester and Buster Bloodvessel, but I'm me and quite happy with that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Mine started receding before I hit 30, a proper M head so just started having it cut with a 1 at the sides and a 2 on top.

Eventually I bought a Wahl and my Mrs started cutting it for me ending up with it getting cut with no comb attachment and cut to the shortest it can be without actually shaving it.

I get that it's not for everyone and some fellas can lose some self esteem, but you are who you are. You define who you are not your hair.

As for me, I might look like a cross between Uncle Fester and Buster Bloodvessel, but I'm me and quite happy with that.

Lip Up Fatty.

1 hour ago, Harry's Lad said:

Hair looks far cooler than a bald head though, and almost all clothes look better with hair. 

• Upvote 1

In years gone by I would have gone down the ' keep it clipped ' route, but having seen the price and look of my two nephews' Turkey transplants, i would be over there like a shot if I was a young / youngish guy.

While it being a cheeky post with me being lucky with my hair in my 60's, the 5 or 6 lads I drink with are all bald and have said the same.

• Upvote 2

I shaved mine off in my early 30s. It really suits me having a skinhead. If I turned up with a hair transplant it would probably scare the shit out of my 9 year old daughter and freak out everybody that knows me. Was probably a bit self conscious when I first started going bald but after embracing it I’ve never looked back! 

7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Embrace it man! It's only hair. More trouble than it's worth.

4 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

If it suited me even slightly I'd happily shave it all off!

I don't even gel or style my hair these days so I'm not overly vain about it.

If it stays as it is for a long time then I'll just leave it until I'm too old and fat to care anymore!

Just No1 it all over. Better than being self-conscious about receding/bald spot.

It's daunting when you first do it and it'll feel weird but once you get over the initial anxiety you won't look back. I actually prefer it now than having hair.