You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Beds and mattresses

Carvalho Diablo

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2023 at 01:10, Harry's Lad said:

We have Martian Made pillows which you can get on Amazon for about £40 a pair and are hotel quality. 

They used to be very deep fill , not so much now, but there's a leaflet in the box with an email address where they encourage you to get more filling off them free of charge should you require it.

We did and it was here in 5 days over the Christmas holiday for the spare room.

Just open the zip and fill. 

Excellent pillows.

Based entirely on your recommendation, I've just taken delivery of two. Maiden voyage tonight.

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Based entirely on your recommendation, I've just taken delivery of two. Maiden voyage tonight.

No pressure then!

We've had them for the last 7 or 8 years and have bought them for family and for wedding presents etc and everybody has been made up with them.

They last well too.

I'll have to get in touch with them and see about getting some commission!

• Upvote 1

On 11/02/2023 at 20:34, Harry's Lad said:

No pressure then!

We've had them for the last 7 or 8 years and have bought them for family and for wedding presents etc and everybody has been made up with them.

They last well too.

I'll have to get in touch with them and see about getting some commission!

Very happy to say I agree with you.

Really pleased I took a punt on them, based entirely upon your review. Fantastic pillows.

• Upvote 1

Got a new mattress last week, missus choose the firmest in the shop. I've never had any issues sleeping anywhere so went along with the choice. My back is now in a heap, anyone experienced this before with a new bed? I've never had any back issues, hoping I just need to get used to it, don't fancy forking out another 900 quid.

33 minutes ago, No2 said:

Got a new mattress last week, missus choose the firmest in the shop. I've never had any issues sleeping anywhere so went along with the choice. My back is now in a heap, anyone experienced this before with a new bed? I've never had any back issues, hoping I just need to get used to it, don't fancy forking out another 900 quid.

Maybe you'll get used to it after a few weeks. Maybe not.

• 5 months later...