You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Chinese takeaway; what's your weapon of choice?

Lurtz

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Pretty sure you live near-ish me in Leeds. Please let me know where you got that from so I can avoid it in future. Cheers.

Nah, it's good mate. Photographs of curry never look anything but slop but this is very decent and I'm picky about the quality of my Chinese slop. It's from New Phoenix and Dragon in Pudsey. 

I am another who doesn't get on that well with Chinese, possibly because of the blandness of vegetarian options. If all my mates are going I'll have a mushroom fu yung with curry sauce which is often pretty good. 

The one time I remember really enjoying a Chinese was at a more upmarket restaurant but have no recollection of what I ate. @Strontium Dog @Strontium

whichever you go by nowadays, interested to hear yoyr take as a fellow vegetarian but with very different tastes

1 hour ago, Remmie said:

I am another who doesn't get on that well with Chinese, possibly because of the blandness of vegetarian options. If all my mates are going I'll have a mushroom fu yung with curry sauce which is often pretty good. 

The one time I remember really enjoying a Chinese was at a more upmarket restaurant but have no recollection of what I ate. @Strontium Dog @Strontium

whichever you go by nowadays, interested to hear yoyr take as a fellow vegetarian but with very different tastes

I feel like I've answered a similar question here recently. However I particularly enjoy tofu in black bean sauce with egg fried rice, with sweetcorn soup to start. The missus is neither veggie nor a lover of Chinese cuisine, but I have got her into Chinese mushroom curry with noodles, and that's nice too.

Also, for the foreseeable future I am Strontium, because when I changed my name temporarily to Sixtimes Dog, someone hilariously registered a joke account in my old username, so I can never go back to Strontium Dog unless someone with the power to do so deletes the spoofer. 

• Upvote 2

We don’t have Chinese that often.

Occasionally it seems like an excellent idea, but then afterwards we remember why we rarely have it. The wife would say similar about nooky with me, although would never have considered it an excellent idea in the first place.

Anyway, we had one last Sunday. I had Char Siu in a Szechuan Sauce with Salt and Pepper Sauce. It was enjoyable but I’ll probably have sex sooner than I have it again. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I wasn’t aware there was a “Chinese coffee” ? But Chinese tea is lovely. 

I think there is, not sure, though its something me and my mates always mention wherever and whenever possible - it goes back to a late night after a Saturday match, then piss-up, we went for a Chinese, when one of our crew and not the cleverest of types ordered for his meal an extra portion of chips, an extra portion of curry and asked for Chinese coffee, as he didn't like tea. The waiter look bemused. 

Rice was laughed out through nostrils and people choked for about 10 minutes afterwards. 

Love Chinese Tea myself, cleans the pallet. 

There's an excellent Chinese near where I live. Starter is usually salt and pepper wings then crispy beef in capital sauce and egg fried rice. Mrs RiB is veggie so its veg spring rolls then stir fry veg in black bean sauce with egg fried rice. And a couple of tsingtao to wash it down

I love a Chinese.

I usually start with Chicken and Sweetcorn soup, using the prawn crackers as a spoon.

Then it’s chicken in black bean sauce with egg friend rice, a side of sweet and sour chicken balls and also some chips and curry sauce (not your traditional Chinese cuisine granted).

17 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Nah, it's good mate. Photographs of curry never look anything but slop but this is very decent and I'm picky about the quality of my Chinese slop. It's from New Phoenix and Dragon in Pudsey. 

Thanks. 3.4m from me. Next time I’m on Deliveroo, I’ll make a point to avoid it. 

6 hours ago, Furmedge said:

Singapore vermicelli, salt and pepper chips and a carton of curry over the top.

Here's what I'm talking about sans the curry which was quickly poured over.

20220827_212414.jpg

No curry for me but vermafuckincelli everytime for me. Back in UK on 26th September and it will be my first of many chippy meals.

2 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Far too many mentions of chips in this thread. Fucking heathens. 

Yea, nothing to do with the Chinese. Get the noodles. I think curry is in the same boat - as stated earlier, if you want a curry go Indian.

Me at a Chinese place.

2 egg rolls.

2 more egg rolls.

1/2 serving house egg foo yung.

2 more egg rolls.