You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

3 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Unfortunately for us this season that translated to (in the league).

Haaland - 36 Goals 8 Assists

Mbappe - 29 Goals 6 Assists

Nunez - 9 Goals 3 Assists.

Hopefully we see a big improvement next season.

What kind of retarded shit is this? Twitter meff.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

20/1 to be top scorer next season. I reckon Klopp will simplify his game - less involved,  less running around but more goals and goals. 

Does that sound even remotely like a thing Klopp would do, especially given his comments towards the end of last season?

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Does that sound even remotely like a thing Klopp would do, especially given his comments towards the end of last season?

While I agree with you that the above doesn’t sound like a Klopp method, I do wonder what’s next for Nunez. 

It clearly didn’t fully click what was required of him last season. Do we persist making him fit us or do we alter to fit him? 

At present, I dont see him starting at Chelsea (Mo, Gakpo, Diaz). He might even have fallen behind Jota in the pecking order. 

As he didn’t play for Uruguay in the summer, assuming his injury has cleared up (toe?), he should have a full 5 weeks of pre-season ahead of him. He needs to make it count. 

On 25/06/2023 at 15:22, TD_LFC said:

Still not sure what I said to prompt it.

I assumed it was being mildly sarcastic towards the previous poster as your stats were a bit more straightforward.

For clarification I am still on the Darwin bus, even though it is now looking more like the 61a that went from Aigburth to Bootle calling at every L postcode on the way.

44 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We don't have the same players we did last season. Do you not think some of the new signings will have been purchased with Nunez as part of the jigsaw.

I was more referring to Nunez approach with the ball than off the ball and the areas he drifts into and his involvement in buildup play. I'm not expecting him to be used like Haaland but I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest if we are asking Nunez to be more disciplined and patient. 

I think any players we sign will be done so not just on the basis of what they can bring to the team individually but how it compliments and adds to what's already here.

The rest of it was in terms of his all round play which Klopp has already said needs to improve but, as you say, you're not talking about him being given a responsibility free role.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

While I agree with you that the above doesn’t sound like a Klopp method, I do wonder what’s next for Nunez. 

It clearly didn’t fully click what was required of him last season. Do we persist making him fit us or do we alter to fit him? 

At present, I dont see him starting at Chelsea (Mo, Gakpo, Diaz). He might even have fallen behind Jota in the pecking order. 

As he didn’t play for Uruguay in the summer, assuming his injury has cleared up (toe?), he should have a full 5 weeks of pre-season ahead of him. He needs to make it count. 

Even if he was 4th choice he'll get plenty of opportunities. Somebody will get injured.

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I assumed it was being mildly sarcastic towards the previous poster as your stats were a bit more straightforward.

For clarification I am still on the Darwin bus, even though it is now looking more like the 61a that went from Aigburth to Bootle calling at every L postcode on the way.

It was for being overly simplistic by comparing Nunez’ stats to Mbappe and Haaland when it’s not fair to for a multiple of reasons. But yes alright I’m sorry for the words I used…

• Upvote 1