Bjornebye

Christmas 2021

26 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

If it was warm.....

Sadly, the days of demanding a certificate of 'Beef Curtains Cooked At 200C for the Appropriate Time' are long gone. And I for one, miss them heartily.

40 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Beef Growler. 

FHjE6AfWUA4Ijsh.jpeg

You American Pie’d that, didn’t you? C’mon. Admit it.

Sitting in the pub, on my own, 3 pints in, catching up on messages while the missus is running round the sales.  Some kind of bliss, this is.  Most mellow I’ve been for days

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

Sitting in the pub, on my own, 3 pints in, catching up on messages while the missus is running round the sales.  Some kind of bliss, this is.  Most mellow I’ve been for days

I was almost going to do that today, just walk to the local and have a few beers in peace. 

Everyone has finally gone home. In laws, adult daughters, their boyfriends etc. Fuck me it’s hard having other people in the house; queues for the bathroom, my nice Christmas gin all gone within a day and the 2 pensioners have the TV volume on at 70 virtually 18 hours a day. Nice to be just 5 of us instead of 11. 

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Everyone has finally gone home. In laws, adult daughters, their boyfriends etc. Fuck me it’s hard having other people in the house; queues for the bathroom, my nice Christmas gin all gone within a day and the 2 pensioners have the TV volume on at 70 virtually 18 hours a day. Nice to be just 5 of us instead of 11. 

Hope it’s been enjoyable fella 

Her Indoors has invited her whole fucking family over for Saturday & Sunday (as far as I know bint and wanker excluded, just as well or I'd go ballistic).

That will mean the whole living room occupied while they babble on about the same shite they did over Christmas at HI's sister. Her brother in law sits around babbling on until about midnight so you can't get rid of him.

I'm feeling utter shite so I don't feel like engaging TSOP for a ticket for a certain sporting event but it means I won't be able to watch it. As we've only got one operational TV at the moment that means a stream.

I'm gonna swear my fucking head off while it's on.

Fuck Christmas, Fuck new year.

Yours sincerely, miserable cunt.

It just gets fucking worse. This Christmas / New Year crap has to be abolished.

HI had a megga blow at me, and as usual everything totally out of perspective.

After the NYD bullshit where I ate a good bit of grub (courtest HI) I wandered off to local alehouse. HI's brother and HI's brother in law installed at home were off to see Enfield Town. So, stupidly I thought she'd have said 'see you tomorrow lads'.

They are fucking back.

And her Mum and sister are still here.

That'is yet another nights sleep gone.

I'm not allowed to be tired.

Fucking hate Christmas me.

3 weeks in UK over and back in Turkey.

Things I will miss;

Family. Fuck you covid.

Pubs.

Chippys. However, 3 chippy teas in first 4 nights and you will pile it on. But well worth it.

Asda sausage and ribs.

Things I won't miss 

Uk tv.

Manchester Airport security, if you want me to strip naked, just ask. Took everything else off.

Mancs in said airport.

Weather, although we've had 5" of rain in 2 days here.

Too many cars on the road.

• Upvote 3