Bjornebye

Christmas 2021

It's December now you miserable fucks. 

Let's embrace this one , like last year. The flu we expected to last 3 weeks is still all about us but that doesn't mean we can't still be happy. 

x

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Could well be on my own for this one, Christmas Day anyway. Her Indoors I believe will be going to her sisters where bint and possibly wanker will be in attendance. Far too toxic for me to go.

Fucking bliss.

Probably fish for me. My local is open until 5pm and you can just have a drink. The offy is always open as well.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

It's December now you miserable fucks. 

Let's embrace this one , like last year. The flu we expected to last 3 weeks is still all about us but that doesn't mean we can't still be happy. 

x

Humbug.... Humbug I tell you!!

3 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Could well be on my own for this one, Christmas Day anyway. Her Indoors I believe will be going to her sisters where bint and possibly wanker will be in attendance. Far too toxic for me to go.

Fucking bliss.

Probably fish for me. My local is open until 5pm and you can just have a drink. The offy is always open as well.

Fuck off. You're not doing it on your own. Helped The Aged are still going I think

I'd facetime you for the whole afternoon Dave but you won't get live stream on a pools coupon x 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck off. You're not doing it on your own. Helped The Aged are still going I think

I'd facetime you for the whole afternoon Dave but you won't get live stream on a pools coupon x 

I'm not that ancient! Hopefully some peace and quiet anyway.

All being well it will just be me, the wife, our two kids and the dog. I strategically fucked up booking the restaurant we were going to go to and have kiboshed any suggestion of visiting any relative.

Hopefully I will spend ninety percent of the day in my pyjamas eating pork pies and various pickles. At some point I’ll need to leave the house to walk the dog but will aim to do this under the cover of darkness. 

Nah, love Christmas. The decorations are going up this weekend and I'll be wearing my festive jumper & drinking mulled wine whilst doing so. The day itself is ace - champagne breakfast and spending the day eating, drinking, opening presents and watching the Great Escape or somesuch on the telly. Perfect.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

I'm not that ancient! Hopefully some peace and quiet anyway.

Cute x 

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

All being well it will just be me, the wife, our two kids and the dog. I strategically fucked up booking the restaurant we were going to go to and have kiboshed any suggestion of visiting any relative.

Hopefully I will spend ninety percent of the day in my pyjamas eating pork pies and various pickles. At some point I’ll need to leave the house to walk the dog but will aim to do this under the cover of darkness. 

This shit is what this thread is about. @Champ get some minced pies on etc, don't send me any because I don't like them but if you're doing pigs in blankets...

get-that-fucking-cooker-on-get-that-fook

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I take it the other 10% will be bollocko then?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I take it the other 10% will be bollocko then?

Even under the cover of darkness the wife would kick off if I walked the dog in my pyjamas.

I don’t want my pork pie eating ruined due to an atmosphere created by an argument about appropriate dress for walking dogs. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cute x 

This shit is what this thread is about. @Champ get some minced pies on etc, don't send me any because I don't like them but if you're doing pigs in blankets...

get-that-fucking-cooker-on-get-that-fook

How could I let you down, Stig? Of course there are mince pies in the freezer, I made the Christmas Cake on Monday and I’ve got some sausagemeat in today to make sausage rolls.

That said, I wish we could just do the small Christmas we had last year

• Upvote 4

We’re doing the small Xmas this year. Last one before the boy pops off to Uni. We’ve endeavoured to spend more time together playing games on Xmas Day, unlike last time when they all spent most of the time with their heads buried in the new electronics/computer games. 

• Upvote 1

My little boy has started talking about Christmas this year, much to my surprise. I was hoping to largely avoid too much effort this year. Nursery seem to have woken him up to it.

Ill be travelling after work on the 23rd, so we can chill on Christmas Eve. Hopefully a day of songs and Christmas films/cartoons. I might even wear pyjamas with the Mrs and baby, as i havent had my soul destroyed like some of you. My time will come im sure.

• Upvote 2

New single malt, and watch Box of Delights in the build up nearer to Christmas Eve. Can’t be doing with the near 6 weeks procession to the day, but enjoy it with family. Then binge some telly and films in the post Chrimbo dead zone until New Year. 

EF764471-CC61-454D-A4C6-E485F53C7516.jpeg

I've worked in retail since I was 16. For the first time in 25 years I have nearly two weeks off for Xmas.

On negative side 25 years of hating Christmas means I'm finding it hard enjoy. Oh and I'm skint. Plus I hate fucking shopping