You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Energy Prices

Captain Howdy

I may be missing something here but what happens when the ombudsman looks at your complaint about you just not wanting to pay and rejects it. What do you then do when British Gas come back abd says can we have the last 6 months gas and lecky now please.

9 hours ago, John102 said:

I may be missing something here but what happens when the ombudsman looks at your complaint about you just not wanting to pay and rejects it. What do you then do when British Gas come back abd says can we have the last 6 months gas and lecky now please.

Advice like that tictok will see people being made homeless.  I would strongly recommend you don’t do it.  

It’s just fucking stupid and I don’t see what the end game is.  

10 hours ago, John102 said:

Not I'm going to do that but if I'm not paying any bills for any reason, I would be putting the money into a savings account in the meantime.

Clearly with these energy bill increases, a lot of people may not be able to afford to pay or put the cash away, which is why these desperate measures are being looked at.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

The top post was a response to a single mother in despair that her energy bill was set to jump £4000. 

Free market libertarian-economic historian-35 yr Kippax occupant- MCFC and Lancashire County Cricket- climate changes but solely caused by Co2 ? geologist Stupid fucking cunt.

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

£50 profit per customer per year was never outrageous. The big companies who were well run and hedged are now picking up the pieces.  Good old Martin Lewis not taking any responsibility.  

What'd he do wrong?

7 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Genuine question. Wasn't that ofgem's job to clamp down on these companies?

Ofgem are fucking useless.  But there was a narrative for years that energy retail companies were ripping off customers (£50 per year profit.  The regulator was out under pressure by people like him to create a new type of energy retail company that would ‘save’ customers money.  That meant getting rid of the regulations that applied to traditional companies and introducing a much riskier and ultimately unsustainable race to the bottom.  They haemorrhaged customers as they couldn’t match their strategy. Lewis knew this.  The only good thing to come out of this would be uswitch going too.   

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

£50 profit per customer per year was never outrageous. The big companies who were well run and hedged are now picking up the pieces.  Good old Martin Lewis not taking any responsibility.  

He's full of shit that cunt.

Biggest referral spammer on the planet.

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Having a go at Martin Lewis for advising people to find the best deal for throw energy seems a bit kneejerk. Like blaming someone who advised swimming for health reasons because the sea was full of shit that day.

Spot on mate.  But, a narcissist has a complete lack of empathy with anyone but themself and loves having the attention of everyone else.

Indirectly, it may cost energy companies but once again, the cost of failed suppliers is added to our bills. So we end up paying, not them.