You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

"It's the same people that we did the deal with Andy Ruiz [rematch]. That event was spectacular.

"As partners, they were fantastic as well. We're very comfortable. Anthony is very comfortable, he knows those people. They've delivered on every one of their promises last time. We're ready to go.

Translation: they gave us bags and bags of cash.

You have to laugh at these people doing business with the Saudis and telling the world they are making great strides and changing. 

This was from Joshua a couple of years back

Killing a person outright is unforgivable, but stripping them of their human rights, oppressing them, mocking them, insulting them, placing glass ceilings above them just because of what? Their skin colour? It's just a slow way of killing them and taking the life out of their soul.

"We must unite as a human race and that's what we're doing here today."

So stripping people of their human rights is terrible, but I'll take your cash and promote your regime 

• Upvote 1

Nothing new in boxing though is it? Thriller in Manila/Rumble in the jungle etc. Just the nature of the sport, don’t really blame them for going where the cash is to be honest even if the Saudis are cunts, wouldn’t really be boxing otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Nothing new in boxing though is it? Thriller in Manila/Rumble in the jungle etc. Just the nature of the sport, don’t really blame them for going where the cash is to be honest even if the Saudis are cunts, wouldn’t really be boxing otherwise.

No its not new, a d I don't blame people for cashing in. 

But don't let yourself be a whore parading round with the great bunch of lads shite. And don't stand shouting about human rights while having your hands out for cash from the same regimes that are some of the worst human rights abusers in the world. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lee909 said:

But don't let yourself be a whore parading round with the great bunch of lads shite. And don't stand shouting about human rights while having your hands out for cash from the same regimes that are some of the worst human rights abusers in the world. 

You fucking leave Pep alone.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 00:51, Lee909 said:

All to do with the promoter and him not being able to go to the uk without getting arrested. Daniel Kinahan. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/05/2021 at 21:14, Red74 said:

Canelo showing he’s the fucking don while Andrade ends any hopes of getting a retirement fund off him

Andrade was being very respectful to him in that callout I thought

9 hours ago, sir roger said:

Pretty ho hum card from Sky. The Galal Yafai fight was a good watch if anybody has recorded the show.

Taking the piss malking Mayweather v the YouTuber a ppv

Dalton Smith looked good but he's still fighting at a low level.

That Yafai fight was quality, got to admire his persevere but his defence is shocking, wouldn't actually mind seeing a rematch even though Cunningham win convincingly.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Dalton Smith looked good but he's still fighting at a low level.

That Yafai fight was quality, got to admire his persevere but his defence is shocking, wouldn't actually mind seeing a rematch even though Cunningham win convincingly.

I actually thought Yafai was going to win around the ninth round as Cunningham was seemingly crumbling under the body barrage , but was made up that he got a second wind. How slow and clumsy was the Italian guy fighting Lerrone Richards , for an ex world champion. Natasha Jonas has a bit of 'turkey teeth ' going on.

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Usyk is squawking about being mandatory for AJ too. Surely he’s too small to even trouble the big lads at the top of the HW division. I know he cleaned up at CW but he’s got to be in it purely for the payday here. I just don’t see how he has a chance. 

You’d think so, although the height difference between Usyk and Joshua is the same as Holyfield - Bowe. Now, Usyk is no Evander Holyfield but Joshua has fought down to his opponent’s level on a few occasions so it’s not impossible for me to imagine a scenario in which, having been denied the Fury fight, he goes through the motions and throws away a winnable fight on the cards,

On 19/05/2021 at 10:30, TheDrowningMan said:

You’d think so, although the height difference between Usyk and Joshua is the same as Holyfield - Bowe. Now, Usyk is no Evander Holyfield but Joshua has fought down to his opponent’s level on a few occasions so it’s not impossible for me to imagine a scenario in which, having been denied the Fury fight, he goes through the motions and throws away a winnable fight on the cards,

I’d say Usyk’s level is way above Joshua’s mate. The advantage Joshua has is the size difference and power