You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

14 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I dont think that disputes my point. And they'd still take profit over trophies. Trophies and money are not mutually exclusive. But if given a choice to risk money or sporting reward, they won't risk money. 

You could be talking about literally every Premier League team owner except Jack Walker.

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You could be talking about literally every Premier League team owner except Jack Walker.

I don't agree with that at all. I think until recently, nearly all football clubs existed to win (or to be the best clubs they could be), profitability was never a consideration, only survival. I don't dispute many of the league's clubs are now owned by people whos financial interests are the reason they're here and sporting success is secondary. So if you're asking me do I think we are unique, we are absolutely not. Most big clubs in this country now are owned by people who barely know what the shape of the ball is. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2020 at 14:05, Supremolad said:

Apparently, he is making good progress and might be back a bit earlier than expected. Would be great if we had him available for the game against United in the middle of January.

Play him in a front four like we did against City to scare the shite out of them.

Whats the source for this? When was he going to be back originally?

13 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

No getting around it, playing him against those bums in the most meaningless match of the season was a serious error. An unforced one in a tough year.

Absolutely. Even Klopp makes mistakes, and this was a very strange one. More or less everyone on here seemed to think both before and after that game that we needed to rest all first team players for that match. 

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

It was the deadest of dead rubbers....nothing in it for anybody, apart from the win money.

In my opinion we should have fielded the kids.

And there's the reason why we played him and numerous others and will play a much weaker team in what should be a more important fa cup game. 

Money, its all that matters now.  Modern football truly sucks donkey dick. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought he was out for 6 weeks? He got injured in the last CL game didn't he? That was about 8/9 December... So I don't see why we shouldn't expect him back for the end of January?

6-8 weeks, I think it was estimated. I just took that mid February figure from an article, which said. 

"The worst-case scenario was set out to be a return for the clash with Leicester, currently scheduled for February 13, or the last-16 first leg at RB Leipzig on February 16." 

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

6-8 weeks, I think it was estimated. I just took that mid February figure from an article, which said. 

"The worst-case scenario was set out to be a return for the clash with Leicester, currently scheduled for February 13, or the last-16 first leg at RB Leipzig on February 16." 

Ok, so 6 weeks was best. I had in my head we were expecting him back at the 4th round of the cup if we were still in it.