You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

The talk of reuniting the party is amusing. In this thread people not on the Corbyn bus were told to fuck off out of the party. Starmer doesn’t need a load of agitators in the party. He’ll be glad to see the back of them. What he does need is votes.  Seems to be doing an ok job there. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The suspension gives Starmer nowhere to go. He can't possibly reinstate Corbyn, as it will just confirm Labour are soft on anti-Semitism, so he must expel him. This will not help in uniting the party, throwing out someone who is seen as a decent man for something he obviously isn't will only split the party more.

If Starmer knew this before he suspended him and is happy for this outcome is a question only he can answer.

As much as I disagree with it I think severing him completely will, in the minds of the current leadership, show strength and a real ‘new’ start and a repost to all those ‘I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Corbyn’ types that were numerous and vocal. 

It’s a shame and will no doubt cause an absolute shit storm, but it’s final and decisive and will be tomorrow’s chip shop paper to most.

In an ideal world Corbyn steps aside in 2017 for somebody else and maintains an elder statesman/ideological role, but alas, here we are.

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

The suspension gives Starmer nowhere to go. He can't possibly reinstate Corbyn, as it will just confirm Labour are soft on anti-Semitism, so he must expel him. This will not help in uniting the party, throwing out someone who is seen as a decent man for something he obviously isn't will only split the party more.

If Starmer knew this before he suspended him and is happy for this outcome is a question only he can answer.

The outcome of the investigation can reinstate him, and I suspect it will reinstate him. Look, some people see this as the opposite of uniting the party, but one way to build trust is to set out a line and judge everybody the same. The cries about not caring about unity are daft. Does that mean 'free pass for anybody on the left 'cause... unity'? What if RLB came out with 'fuck these dirty Jews'... does he go, well, yeah, but unity. Of course not. I think it would take something like that for some in that faction to accept any sort of punishment. When unity and getting control of this issue are at odds, it's right to suspend and investigate somebody. If that faction want to shit the bed, that's up to them. Unity works both ways, doesn't it? Or is it just 'no, you give in to us or we say you're kicking us out'. It's all so silly. Maybe, just fuckin' maybe, Corbyn could have reacted in a way that didn't cause this. I mean, it's almost like he has never been interested in unity. 

17 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

The outcome of the investigation can reinstate him, and I suspect it will reinstate him. Look, some people see this as the opposite of uniting the party, but one way to build trust is to set out a line and judge everybody the same. The cries about not caring about unity are daft. Does that mean 'free pass for anybody on the left 'cause... unity'? What if RLB came out with 'fuck these dirty Jews'... does he go, well, yeah, but unity. Of course not. I think it would take something like that for some in that faction to accept any sort of punishment. When unity and getting control of this issue are at odds, it's right to suspend and investigate somebody. If that faction want to shit the bed, that's up to them. Unity works both ways, doesn't it? Or is it just 'no, you give in to us or we say you're kicking us out'. It's all so silly. Maybe, just fuckin' maybe, Corbyn could have reacted in a way that didn't cause this. I mean, it's almost like he has never been interested in unity. 

I suspect it won't reinstate him for the soft on anti-Semitism reasons. Obviously it is independent so can do whatever it wishes, which is my point. Reinstate and get the same old anti-Semitism, but expel and get attacked by the left. It is a no win for me.

The second bold highlighted could have been posted during any period from 2015.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I suspect it won't reinstate him for the soft on anti-Semitism reasons. Obviously it is independent so can do whatever it wishes, which is my point. Reinstate and get the same old anti-Semitism it expel and get attacked by the left. It is a no win for me.

The second bold highlighted could have been posted during any period from 2015.

So, what, it's vengeance again? Seems legit. 

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

So, what, it's vengeance again? Seems legit. 

No, I was just watching news and thinking about what happen in the future, then I gave my thoughts on here about the suspension/reinstatement of Corbyn and the possible narrative that would follow either. 

I agreed it is an independent investigation so either result is possible and I believe either result is bad for the Labour party, I explained why I thought this. As far as I could be there was no judgement, just asking if Starmer had thought of the possible outcomes before hand, only he will know this. Not stating if he had or had not.

You started posting about "factions" and came out with a crazy unrealistic example of what someone on the left would need to do/say for the "faction" to accept. 

I thought there was a certain irony, unity working both ways and the part of decrying a "faction" for saying agree with us or we will say you are kicking us out needed highlighting when a previous "faction" had spent every week since 2015 saying exactly that.

Again no judgement on either "faction" as in my post I did my best to be neutral , as I didn't give my opinion on if I thought Corbyn should have been suspended or not, just the possible fall out from either outcome. 

Obviously if Corbyn is expelled it will give a little more credence to the "we will say you are kicking us out" faction.

1 minute ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Reading Sugar Ape’s linked poll where most agreed with him over Corbyn, I’d say the report is much more likely the cause than the cure. 

Maybe. Meanwhile, this is not good,a lot of these mps are in safe Labour seats. Hopefully it's all smoke and mirrors ..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/30/corbyn-supporting-mps

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Let ‘em go. Now’s the time. 

Act in haste repent at leisure. I think you may be in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water here, Labour needs to take seats not throw good ones away. Plus you will have a hugh sideshow.

Just now, Gnasher said:

Act in haste repent at leisure. I think you may be in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water here, Labour needs to take seats not throw good ones away. Plus you will have a hugh sideshow.

Labour will still win the seats. I’ve no issue with anybody wanting to put Corbyn ahead of their party going the way of chuka. 

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I see Laura Piddock has been quite vocal today. Lost a safe Labour seat but loves JC. Who needs her? 

23 minutes ago, Mudface said:

What an utter cunt.

The crazy thing is that for some reason he won’t just say all of this and just do it on prime time television.  Probably because he doesn’t want to damage labour even though Starmer and the gang are happy to just continually abuse him through the press and treat him laughably unfairly.  All of these cunts know exactly what went on and what they were doing.  It’s just one big game for them and yet we are meant to just roll over and vote these cunts in so they can carry on the underhand privatisation and cronyism jobs for the boys club shit we’ve had for decades.  So many knobheads just clapping along like happy seals.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Labour will still win the seats. I’ve no issue with anybody wanting to put Corbyn ahead of their party going the way of chuka. 

I admire your optimism, I dont think it'll be that easy. Corbyn is different kettle of fish to so and so's like Chuka, Corbyn is an ex leader for a start and very popular within the grass roots, I remember Galloway defeated the labour candidate when he was an independent. Plus the Labour party will have to throw money and resources at seats that should be nothing more than a ticking exercise. In any scenario it wont strengthen labour itll weaken it.

I like the pictures on this fellas wall, 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/30/corbyns-constituents-air-frustration-and-anger-over-suspension