You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

The Parable of the Brexit Bike Company and the missing pensions.

A former millionaire who illegally invested £11m of people's pensions into his motorcycle business has been given a suspended sentence.

Stuart Garner brought the iconic Norton motorcycle brand back to the UK after buying the rights in 2008.

His business was given millions of pounds by the government and endorsed by MPs.

But hundreds of people have lost money after investing in three pension schemes where Garner was trustee.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-leicestershire-60417156.amp

13 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Why the fuck are labour not screaming about this from the rooftops?

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see many politicians on the news at the moment. During the financial crisis, you couldn't move for Tories saying it was Labour's fault. The opposite should be happening now, but I guess I don't watch enough prime time news because I'm not seeing it.

5 hours ago, Rushies tash said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see many politicians on the news at the moment. During the financial crisis, you couldn't move for Tories saying it was Labour's fault. The opposite should be happening now, but I guess I don't watch enough prime time news because I'm not seeing it.

When the Tories 1st got on they absolutely hammered the messege that Labour had crashed the economy. They had clearly been briefed to get this lie across loud and clear and it was so effective,a decade later,huge swathes of the country trust a man who doesn't know the names of his own children,to run the economy  over Labour.

For some reason Labour can't even get the messege across ,that something has actually happened.

Utterly depressing. 

45 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Setting aside the fact that Sunak couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag, this is nothing like having his wife’s physicality insulted.

She’s being called out because he is a member of a government pretending they aren’t waist deep in Russian money and supposedly seeking tough sanctions, and on the other hand she’s busy propping up a Russian company. It’s a conflict of interest, you little weasel.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Setting aside the fact that Sunak couldn’t punch his way out of a wet paper bag, this is nothing like having his wife’s physicality insulted.

She’s being called out because he is a member of a government pretending they aren’t waist deep in Russian money and supposedly seeking tough sanctions, and on the other hand she’s busy propping up a Russian company. It’s a conflict of interest, you little weasel.

Exactly. The little action figure sized cunt 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck me. As if I didn't already want to stamp his knackers into a paté!

Jada Pinkett Smith was mocked for having alopecia.

Sunak's wife was criticised for having a £700m stake in her dad's company which continues to trade with the Putin regime.

These things are not equivalent. I'm sure Laura K picked him up on that.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Sunak's wife was criticised for having a £700m stake in her dad's company which continues to trade with the Putin regime.

I don't know but I'm sure she could actually pick him up the little shit 

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Oh, come on. It's not like she's married to anybody close to those making the financial decisions; like who to financially sanction in Russia. Like, ya know, the Chancellor... oh. 

50 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We’re discussing whether or not his wife is fit.

Do try and stay on topic, please.