You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, Mudface said:

When the experts are apparently advising something completely divergent from the rest of the world and the WHO, appear to be guided by the fucking Nudge Unit, and are relying on an NHS barely fit for purpose after a decade of austerity, then you can understand why people are getting nervous. 

Routine GP appointments have been replaced by phone consultations to keep people out of surgeries and my Practice Nurse neighbour was telling me her practice has no protective clothing for staff. This isn’t going to work is it?

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve got 18 bog rolls, three jumbo kitchen rolls and my cunt mother-in-law stopped by earlier to drop off three big bags of fusilli and two packets of spaghetti. 

#feelingblessed

Amateur. I have 42 bog rolls here.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Amateur. I have 42 bog rolls here.

The amount of shit you post you need at least 10 times that amount. 

Just now, Champ said:

Routine GP appointments have been replaced by phone consultations to keep people out of surgeries and my Practice Nurse neighbour was telling me her practice has no protective clothing for staff. This isn’t going to work is it?

No. I posted earlier that I'd had a call to say only urgent cases would be dealt with at our surgery, and those only by a phone consult. My sister had the same, down in Coventry. A friend's dad's knee replacement next Monday has been cancelled- he's been in a lot of pain for the last few months, but it might be a blessing as he's in his 80s and diabetic. There was something wrong with the my last set of blood tests and I need to have them redone, but can't- no idea whether it's serious or not. There just doesn't seem to be any extra capacity to cope with this, and the strategy they're adopting is pretty grim.

52 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

People need to make their minds up whether they want the government to listen to experts or not.

Depends what experts you're referring to. It seems like the ones the UK government are listening to have agreed that a very large number of the population should get infected and die in order for the rest to be immune at some point.

Many other experts around the world, way too many to quote, think this is utterly bizarre and think it's downright arrogant to think you can predict the peak of this new virus and play Russian roulette with your population in order to control it over time.

Now, you can play expert vs. expert on pretty much any issue to have it fit your opinion, but on the surface, the way this is being handled feels like a ridiculous gamble. All I'm saying. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Depends what experts you're referring to. It seems like the ones the UK government are listening to have agreed that a very large number of the population should get infected and die in order for the rest to be immune at some point.

Many other experts around the world, way too many to quote, think this is utterly bizarre and think it's downright arrogant to think you can predict the peak of this new virus and play Russian roulette with your population in order to control it over time.

Now, you can play expert vs. expert, on pretty much any issue to have it fit your opinion, but on the surface, the way this is being handled feels like a ridiculous gamble. All I'm saying. 

As Brexit have taught us.. most brits don’t pay attention to the world outside of the island. They’ve had enough of pesky forrin experts telling them what to do.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Champ said:

Same here Cath. The neighbours wife works in the main hospital and they are running out of protective/clean scrubs etc. Only personal needed to look after patients are allowed to enter rooms. Patients are being left alone for hours on end unless it's necessary to enter the rooms. Most resources are being put into ICU's and those suffering from this virus. She was telling me that they caught people filling jam jars with antiseptic fluid from the hand machines available and stealing the gloves the nurses use. 

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Now, you can play expert vs. expert on pretty much any issue to have it fit your opinion, but on the surface, the way this is being handled feels like a ridiculous gamble. All I'm saying. 

Nice to know I can be sacrificed so some tory twat can become immune. 

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Now, you can play expert vs. expert, on pretty much any issue to have it fit your opinion, but on the surface, the way this is being handled feels like a ridiculous gamble. All I'm saying. 

Right off the bat you demonstrate that you don't even understand the government's tactics, so how can you begin to criticise it?

The idea is not that loads of people "get infected and die", but that a lot of people are inevitably going to get the virus, so it's better if (a) the spread of the disease happens in a way which doesn't overwhelm the health service and (b) those getting it will be those best able to survive the disease.

Yes, it's a risk and a gamble. 

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

19 new cases in Bielefeld, rates are rising. 300 in quarantine awaiting results. All schools and Kindergartens have to shut immediately. Nightclubs/discos/big bars/cinemas/theatres/etc  also banned from opening. Basically still stand.  Call it OTT if you want, but things are expected to get a shit load worse. don't worry though, scrotum hound thinks you are only at risk if you are over 80....cunt. 

We're bringing in the mass gathering ban from the start of next week, according to most of the papers. 

They also mention that emergency legislation will be introduced with powers to force schools to remain open, to allow for the power to arrest or detain any person suspected of having contracted coronavirus and to allow for the stopping of any vehicle without reason. 

These new laws are expected to stay in place for 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

19 new cases in Bielefeld, rates are rising. 300 in quarantine awaiting results. All schools and Kindergartens have to shut immediately. Nightclubs/discos/big bars/cinemas/theatres/etc  also banned from opening. Basically still stand.  Call it OTT if you want, but things are expected to get a shit load worse. don't worry though, scrotum hound thinks you are only at risk if you are over 80....cunt. 

Do you really have to be so abusive? Are you remotely capable of having a civil discussion?

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Right off the bat you demonstrate that you don't even understand the government's tactics, so how can you begin to criticise it?

The idea is not that loads of people "get infected and die", but that a lot of people are inevitably going to get the virus, so it's better if (a) the spread of the disease happens in a way which doesn't overwhelm the health service and (b) those getting it will be those best able to survive the disease.

I'd neg this 100,000 times if I could. You are a massive Gov't arse licking cunt. Yet you failed at trying to make it your living. I'd love to meet you face to face, you can't be such a cunt in real life? although I have my doubts. You are nothing more than a failed wannabe politician who for some reason still pushes their lines of bull shit. I refer to my line that you'd be one of the first to run to the docs if you had a sniffle....because you're a cunt cunt. 

Re: Elite's post. Yes... I don't claim to be an expert on this at all, but I have been asking people that question in work - yes, China's cases are dropping but that's pretty likely to happen isn't it when people are being forced to stay at home all day, every day? What happens when they start being allowed out again? It's a genuine question, I don't know the answer, but it's not really a surprise that their numbers are dropping. 

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Do you really have to be so abusive? Are you remotely capable of having a civil discussion?

Not with you, because you stir the shit then sit back and think you can have some fun. You're a cunt, and I'd love to beat the shit out of your sorry arse. 

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I understand what they're doing, the premise is not rocket science. The problem comes from zagging against the approach of pretty much everyone else because you think a) you know better b) you have the handle on the tendencies of a virus no one has seen before, yet you're still taking the risky approach. 

Listen, if they're right in the end, they're right. It doesn't affect me, I don't live in the UK. It just goes against conventional logic. 

1 minute ago, The Golden Eel said:

Re: Elite's post. Yes... I don't claim to be an expert on this at all, but I have been asking people that question in work - yes, China's cases are dropping but that's pretty likely to happen isn't it when people are being forced to stay at home all day, every day? What happens when they start being allowed out again? It's a genuine question, I don't know the answer, but it's not really a surprise that their numbers are dropping. 

I'm far from an expert. And the UK government's approach worries me as being a risky gamble. 

But, re: China, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you imply happens - the numbers shooting right up again. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not with you, because you stir the shit then sit back and think you can have some fun. You're a cunt, and I'd love to beat the shit out of your sorry arse. 

Posted all day about how you’ll be having your first drink of the year and then ending the night by offering people out on the internet. 

Long live the General Forum. 

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Elite said:

The expert on the Joe Rogan podcast said that once China/South Korea lift the quarantine, it could spread rapidly again, so that tactic may only work in the short-term. He also went along with the 'herd immunity' plan.

South Korea aren't in quarantine.