Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 305 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

2 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

If this lockdown is going to go on beyond June, the government start need paying families on a monthly basis until the end of this whenever that is.

Saw a report yesterday of civil unrest in Italy where families are going hungry and they are threatening to loot supermarkets.

The same will happen here.

I think you’re doing Italy an enormous disservice sharing that video. The regions referred to there - with gangsters threatening to kill people - are strictly in the south (Palermo/Sicily) - where ironically the virus has least-touched society. The hardest hit areas in the north seem to have pulled together through this. Those loveable Neapolitan ultras will no doubt be great fun to have around the community at a time like this. The North/South divide could become a chasm by the end of this.

5 minutes ago, Elite said:

Thanks for the good will gestures.

I also have a blood clot on each lung, which I'm on anti-coagelants for which was terrifying when they told me but they said it's very treatable and the Drs aren't concerned. In some ways the Covid could have saved me as I would never have known about the blood clots on my lungs and would have been a ticking time bomb.

I'm a bit up and down but can't fault the hospital staff, they've been nothing but compassionate, attentive and professional. This infection is definitely no joke. I'm 33 and it's absolutely fucked me over. These idiots not following the guidelines don't realise the implications of what this can do to you, it's most certainly not just a bit of 'flu'.

Hello mate. Mook told me to tell you he was asking after you. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Elite said:

Thanks for the good will gestures.

I also have a blood clot on each lung, which I'm on anti-coagelants for which was terrifying when they told me but they said it's very treatable and the Drs aren't concerned. In some ways the Covid could have saved me as I would never have known about the blood clots on my lungs and would have been a ticking time bomb.

I'm a bit up and down but can't fault the hospital staff, they've been nothing but compassionate, attentive and professional. This infection is definitely no joke. I'm 33 and it's absolutely fucked me over. These idiots not following the guidelines don't realise the implications of what this can do to you, it's most certainly not just a bit of 'flu'.

You look after yourself mate and I hope you have a speedy recovery without any complications. As you say, the Health Staff in every country are bloody angels during these worrying times. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Boris Johnson is a Marxist Communist with ridiculous pie-in-the-sky ideas. 

Am I doing it right? 

Screenshot_20200329_192320.jpg

And that's without a properly functioning economy.  Think what we could achieve in "normal times" if we acted collectively for the good of everyone.  Antisemitism though, innit. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Awful news - all the best.

Was she not tested?

No bud, self isolating only as far as I know. I suppose the only way they'll know for definite is if they've tested post-mortem.

Amged el-Hawrani

Adel el-Tayar

Habib Zaidi

The first three doctors who've died in the UK after contracting coronavirus whilst trying to save people's lives. 

"Those bloody foreigners. Coming over here and putting their lives on the line..."

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Their names sound a bit Arab in nature. So, you probably won't like them. 

(I’ve been watching Harry Potter)

‘You’re a racist Stronts’ 

that’s a new one on me. Well done. 

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Amged el-Hawrani

Adel el-Tayar

Habib Zaidi

The first three doctors who've died in the UK after contracting coronavirus whilst trying to save people's lives. 

"Those bloody foreigners. Coming over here and putting their lives on the line..."

And you pinched it from Twitter. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

(I’ve been watching Harry Potter)

‘You’re a racist Stronts’ 

that’s a new one on me. Well done. 

What the hell are you waffling on about now? 

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

What the hell are you waffling on about now? 

Oh, sorry, you know when Hagrid meets Harry at the lighthouse and rescues him from the Dursley’s?  He says ‘You’re a wizard Harry’. 

so, what I did was replace ‘wizard Harry’ with ‘racist Stronts’.  Glad to help. 

I just reject the idea that naturalised British citizens are any less British than those who were born here. They are certainly not foreigners. I thought progressives were supposed to reject the idea that there are two tiers of citizenship. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And, to think I took these sad pair of cunts off ignore the other day. 

* clicks on Account, then ignore users... 

Mission accomplished. 

Or, as Harry might say ‘Expeliarmus cunt’

I thought that "clever" people were supposed to understand the significance of quotation marks....

I've just read that they were all Muslims, so I suppose it was to be expected that Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Twat would try to derail a post that said good things about them. 

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I just reject the idea that naturalised British citizens are any less British than those who were born here. They are certainly not foreigners. I thought progressives were supposed to reject the idea that there are two tiers of citizenship. 

He nicked it off Twitter, thought he was being smart. 

why would you take someone off ignore?  It’s really strange.  Then act disappointed when they are the same as before.