You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Election 2019 - The TV Debates

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Gooch said:

I think these things have pretty little impact unless you drop an absolute clanger. It's mainly just hype and bollocks. Has anyone really learnt anything new from this and the other night? Can't say I have.

Probably wont have enough impact to turn a Conservative majority into a Labour majority, but I reckon it can be enough to turn a majority into a minority government, not ideal but better than letting the shaved ape have free reign. 

Disgraceful shite from the bbc and Bruce in particular the amount of questions he dodged was to be expected but Bruce not pulling him on it was fucking scandalous. 

Its obvious all this prick has in his locker is Brexit and the catchphrase Get Brexit done  the amount of lying was to be expected but once again he got away with it. 

If they get in then God help us all 

Labour won that. Comfortably. 

I largely switched off for the SNP bit. 

Lib Dems. Crashed and burned. Swinson was woeful. Will we see a sizeable drop in the polls? Maybe back to Labour once the switchers click on that they've been sold a pup? 

Tories. Not sure we learned much. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson came across as slimy, untrustworthy and a bit repetitive. The Russia interference and the NHS bits weren't good for him. But, while I don't agree with him, he keeps on hammering the Brexit message home. Pretty much what we knew before then.

We can only hope that manifestos and the more prominent position and coverage of other issues help to move the election away from being a "Brexit election." And that the young uns get out in their numbers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Labour won that. Comfortably. 

I largely switched off for the SNP bit. 

Lib Dems. Crashed and burned. Swinson was woeful. Will we see a sizeable drop in the polls? Maybe back to Labour once the switchers click on that they've been sold a pup? 

Tories. Not sure we learned much. Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson came across as slimy, untrustworthy and a bit repetitive. The Russia interference and the NHS bits weren't good for him. But, while I don't agree with him, he keeps on hammering the Brexit message home. Pretty much what we knew before then.

We can only hope that manifestos and the more prominent position and coverage of other issues help to move the election away from being a "Brexit election." And that the young uns get out in their numbers. 

Fucking hell. 

Just now, Barry Wom said:

These debates are wearing me out already. They all just get up and lie. 

Have skipped all of them so far, can't be fucked with it. Just saw on the Guardian that Johnson dismissed Russia report questions as Bermuda Triangle stuff though. That's a sacred place for fans of the paranormal and the horrible cunt should leave it alone. I hope Mulder turns up at his house later and decks the twat.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Corbyn won that. Your glorious puppet leader is like a rabbit in the headlights, spouting pre-rendered slogans and meaningless waffle. Rambling on like a drunk in a pub car park, he seems incapable of answering a straight question without meandering all over the place. All the while looking like he may possibly have shat himself. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Corbyn won that. Your glorious puppet leader is like a rabbit in the headlights, spouting pre-rendered slogans and meaningless waffle. Rambling on like a drunk in a pub car park, he seems incapable of answering a straight question without meandering all over the place. All the while looking like he may possibly have shat himself. 

Bit off to misgender Swinson like that.

Swinson was dreadful in that to be honest.  She's just another career politician like Clegg and will follow his path no doubt. A 3rd option in politics is always welcome but she is out of her depth and might have set the Lib Dems back big time.

Corbyn and Sturgeon were very good. 

Boris is a walking, syphilis-ridden packet of Quavers.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Bit off to misgender Swinson like that.

Hahaha, to be fair she isn't worth talking about. It's like the Lib Dems popped down the local psychiatric ward, pulled back the shit stained covers and said 'You'll do.' 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Mudface said:

I think the main thing to be taken from tonight's debate is that squirrels around Sheffield and the general area of the M1 should start fucking running. Now.

It's nuts......