You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Some of the top talents in Europe are there for us when you look at the stats and who they play for.  There's no excuse for us, we're more than capable of getting these players in.

Take the defensive midfield role, here's the link to Squawka stats and you need only sort the list into 'interceptions' and 'blocked shots' to start to see which defensive midfielders are the most effective.

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#defensive-actions#player-stats#top-5-european-leagues|season-2016/2017#all-teams#midfielder#16#42#0#0#90#12/08/2016#03/03/2017#season#1#all-matches#blocked#desc#total

David Lopez at Napoli

Cheikh Kouyate at West Ham

Asier Illaramendi at Sociedad

Ignacio Camacho at Malaga

Ellyes Skhiri at Montpellier

I have zero fucks to give for excuses from a club as big as this.

Klopp is right to be nervous, he's got to get this summer right or he's gone 12 months later.

Sometimes it seems as if we've got Klopp but in a mid-life crisis.  Gone are the violent temper swings, he seems like he's in a zen state at times, he should be fucking fuming.

Just buy the top scorer from every Euro top flight we can afford, someone must be good

Lewandowski.... If we made top 4 and the owners fancied a ridiculous bid I reckon he would be up for it. 

Im also waiting for Kelly Brook to ring a random phone number and it to be mine and me and her to fuck for 3 weeks non-stop in Bora Bora

Lewandowski.... If we made top 4 and the owners fancied a ridiculous bid I reckon he would be up for it.

Im also waiting for Kelly Brook to ring a random phone number and it to be mine and me and her to fuck for 3 weeks non-stop in Bora Bora

He couldn't convince pulisic or Dembele despite signing the former and meeting the latter. Although that could have been due to us offering them kinder eggs and crisps instead of wages.

Based on that I won't be asking Klopp to negotiate a night with that bird out of T2 for me.

He couldn't convince pulisic or Dembele despite signing the former and meeting the latter. Although that could have been due to us offering them kinder eggs and crisps instead of wages.

Based on that I won't be asking Klopp to negotiate a night with that bird out of T2 for me.

He couldn't convince Dembele and Pulisic because we're shite and unattractive. There is no way that Dortmund offered them higher wages than we did.

Naby Keita has just played a great little pass to set up Timo Werner for Leipzig opener.

I've seen 29 minutes of Keita and think he's possibly the answer! Not jumping to conclusions but if we don't sign him we should riot

Playing very well. Werner looks decent too

Naby Keita has just played a great little pass to set up Timo Werner for Leipzig opener.

I've seen 29 minutes of Keita and think he's possibly the answer! Not jumping to conclusions but if we don't sign him we should riot

Playing very well. Werner looks decent too

We've got zero shot at him.

Who would you compare him to that I've heard of?

Theirs a bit of Kante about him in that he's everywhere. He's not a holding player, at least not tonight. He's not winning as many tackles as what Kante would but he's contributing a lot going forward.

Proper box to box, runs ahead of the ball, plays the difficult pass, doesn't play it safe.

Been really impressed. If he can do this against better teams he's a hell of a player.

He went off the pitch 3 times with an injury. He's come back on every time and he's carrying on. Seems a bit of a hard little bastard to

Theirs a bit of Kante about him in that he's everywhere. He's not a holding player, at least not tonight. He's not winning as many tackles as what Kante would but he's contributing a lot going forward.

Proper box to box, runs ahead of the ball, plays the difficult pass, doesn't play it safe.

Been really impressed. If he can do this against better teams he's a hell of a player.

He went off the pitch 3 times with an injury. He's come back on every time and he's carrying on. Seems a bit of a hard little bastard to

Get him GET HIM

Klopp saying he has money in the summer and we may need between 2 and 6 players

After the stories this morning that we will spend big IF we make the top 4 i really bloody hope he isnt just signing 2 or 3 this summer if we dont. We will move backwards again if we do

Klopp saying he has money in the summer and we may need between 2 and 6 players

After the stories this morning that we will spend big IF we make the top 4 i really bloody hope he isnt just signing 2 or 3 this summer if we dont. We will move backwards again if we do

Wow, really? That's a surprise considering so many on here were convinced that the owners were withholding funds from him last summer and this January. I guess the money has now just magically appeared. 

• Downvote 1