You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Plymouth (H) - FAC R3, 1:30pm, 08/01/17 - So, so you think you can tell, Devon from hell?

Trumo

We have a semi final on Wednesday and a tough away game next Sunday and play Chelsea at the end of the month. We knew at the beginning of the season that Mane would be away in January. Our best player broke his foot at the beginning of December. You would like to think that any player we buy would be available as soon as possible to hit the ground running not wait until the end of the month.

Fuck that, wait until the end of the month. Could be out of both cup competitions and well off the pace in the league by then which will give the club the perfect opportunity to tell everyone there is no value in January anyway.

• Upvote 3

Well, we didn't lose, which was a real possibility had Plymouth shown any backbone at all.  Ejaria and Woodburn seem to be the two with the best chance of making it.    The others are ten-a-penny kids seen at every club up and down the land.  But I guess that's not a revelation to anyone on here.  Onwards and upwards!

Guest Pistonbroke

Well, we didn't lose, which was a real possibility had Plymouth shown any backbone at all.  Ejaria and Woodburn seem to be the two with the best chance of making it.    The others are ten-a-penny kids seen at every club up and down the land.  But I guess that's not a revelation to anyone on here.  Onwards and upwards!

Personally though Ojo showed more promise than Ejaria. AA also looks a decent prospect once he gets more games under his belt. 

Don't they have the most expensively assembled squad of all time?

This game doesn't prove anything about our squad. Plymouth didn't come to play football and we weren't sharp enough on the day to break them down. It happens. The team we put out there was more than good enough to beat Plymouth, but we didn't. As Klopp says, that's football.

not sure but wouldn't surprise me if it was most expensive...

as for us - i think our squad is paper thin and after about 15/16 players is mediocre and our kids aren't all that...time will tell on kids of course.

I also struggle to see why Kevin Stewart for example is lauded, he is just a very mediocre footballer with just nothing that makes you think 'we have a player' here....yet he seems to be a squad player who is well regarded.

Fuck that, wait until the end of the month. Could be out of both cup competitions and well off the pace in the league by then which will give the club the perfect opportunity to tell everyone there is no value in January anyway.

I know, what was I thinking. We should identify a player with 65 agents and bid less than half of what he is worth with 4 hours left of the window. Then complain that they were too difficult to buy

• Upvote 1

Whoever bid 12m for Kevin Stewart should be contacted asap.

I am amazed we haven't sold there 12m is a lot of money for a player who looks to me to be about the level that Jay Spearing was.

I can only assume Klopp knows he wouldn't be able to buy after selling and thought he couldn't risk losing yet more numbers.

We ve all wanted to see what we've got in the second eleven in a competitive fixture, some looking ok, but only that. Klopp won't have many knocking his door down looking to be in the side this week, they looked a bit shy on ideas, a bit of a reality check. Remarkable stat from Shanklys time he fielded the full Central league side pre the Fa cup final in 65, in a league game, v Wolves, and they won 3:1,

Guest Pistonbroke

I am amazed we haven't sold there 12m is a lot of money for a player who looks to me to be about the level that Jay Spearing was.

I can only assume Klopp knows he wouldn't be able to buy after selling and thought he couldn't risk losing yet more numbers.

I have a feeling we aren't selling because we aren't buying much in this window if at all. 

And the reason we played kids is?

Is Klopp expected to build a side quickly that's going to mount challenges on 3 fronts and probably not win anything or, is he going to be given time to build and in the meantime prioritise his target?

Me, Id rather he played kids in the cups and prioritise the league.

Your argument kind of falls down here in that the first team options are very limited at the moment, and the players on show today are the back up. There's a very good chance most of those on display today will be on the bench at Old Trafford, assuming that Milner and Henderson are fit enough to start. If not then Moreno will start at left back and Can will start in midfield, both today were fucking shite against a league 2 team.

It was a shit game,shit result and a replay we didn't need. But we are still in the cup so go down there in a coupke of weeks. Add a bit more to that team,id consider playing Milner in midfield as we could do with his experience. And go snd get to round 4

Their manager thinks that was one of the greatest defensive performances Anfield has ever seen.

Plucky Plymouth. They were fucking dire which unfortunately says more about our ineptitude than their ability. Most of their side couldn't pass water or trap a bag of cement.

A little bit of guile and faster passing will ruin them.

we have some serious fixture congestion coming up gonna stretch our resources to the limit.

Weds - Southampton

Sun - Manc Twats

Looking like the next Tues or Weds - Plymouth

21st - Swansea

25th - Southampton

28th/29th - Cup 4th rd if beat plymouth

31st - Chelsea

7 games in 23 days.

we have some serious fixture congestion coming up gonna stretch our resources to the limit.

Weds - Southampton

Sun - Manc Twats

Looking like the next Tues or Weds - Plymouth

21st - Swansea

25th - Southampton

28th/29th - Cup 4th rd if beat plymouth

31st - Chelsea

7 games in 23 days.

I think the 'kids' will play any FA Cup games so not too bad really.

There's no problems if we play kids in the cups. Id play kids in the league cup semi as well but Im sure Klopp will play a stronger side.

We play the kids at Plymouth. We either progress or go out. If we progress, we play kids again in the next round.

There's no problems if we play kids in the cups. Id play kids in the league cup semi as well but Im sure Klopp will play a stronger side.

We play the kids at Plymouth. We either progress or go out. If we progress, we play kids again in the next round.

You not into the winning trophies thing then?