You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zidane.

Bjornebye

He was so graceful it wasn't like he wasn't running around a football pitch with 21 other men, he was like a balet dancer at times, his balance was frightening. I remember that chest control and turn all in one movement in Euro 2000 against Portugal I think, I loved watching him. I didn't think I'd see anyone as good as him and the real Ronaldo until Messi came along. I'm to young to remember Maradona and Pele. But from my time of watching football I'd put it

1. Messi

2. Brazilian Ronaldo

3. Zidane

4. Cristiano Ronaldo

Same 4 for me as well for players I've seen. Suarez is probably 5th.

I think in historical terms Pele and Maradona have to stand alone. The enormity of the World Cup during those years is such that there is no comparison and neither Messi or Cris Ronaldo can be in that conversation.

Zidane certainly compares to either of them - maybe give Messi the edge of the three. Ronaldo is in that same bracket.

Then there are wonderful players in Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Laudrup, Van Basten etc.

Zidane is in the frame for the Last Supper - not sure Gerrard is tbh.

1.Maldini

2.Neuer

3.Lahm

4.Zanetti

Can't believe I forgot Maldini. I love that man. He winked and put his thumbs up at me as the Italian coach arrived at anfield before Russia euro 96. The fucking kiddy fiddler. I actually love him more than Zidane.

It still saddens me to this day the way he left the game. He should have retired as a world champion. Instead he allowed himself to be goaded by that cunt stain Materazzi.

The way he dominated that world class Brazil team in 2006 when nobody gave France a chance was brilliant. Probably the best individual displays I've seen in an international game.

Gerrard was a better right back. The ultimate barometer of any attacking player, I feel.

I also thought it was a great way to bow out of the game - forcibly headbutting a twat in the chest. Worra way to go. Better than f*cking about in LA so your missus can get some pictures on her Instagram to make her mates jealous.

I actually liked the way he went out, in a blaze of glory. That tournament was Zidanes whole career in a nutshell, a genius who won and dominated matches on his own whilst playing extremely close to the edge then he snapped. You've only got to watch World Cup 2002 to see how much France relied on him. I love players who have that nasty side to them, I preferred Gerrard when he was steaming into people, Rooneys the same, he was better when he was a horrible cunt, he's changed his whole game now. At least Zidane didn't change, he stayed the same horrible cunt until his last second on a football pitch.

Gerrard was a better right back. The ultimate barometer of any attacking player, I feel.

I also thought it was a great way to bow out of the game - forcibly headbutting a twat in the chest. Worra way to go. Better than f*cking about in LA so your missus can get some pictures on her Instagram to make her mates jealous.

And centre midfielder, attacking midielder, left sided midfielder and right sided midfielder.   Zidane had better close control and that's about the only aspect of the game I'd say he was better in, it's not even close, Gerrard was better in pretty much every aspect.

And centre midfielder, attacking midielder, left sided midfielder and right sided midfielder. Zidane had better close control and that's about the only aspect of the game I'd say he was better in, it's not even close, Gerrard was better in pretty much every aspect.

Is this shit supposed to be funny?

And centre midfielder, attacking midielder, left sided midfielder and right sided midfielder. Zidane had better close control and that's about the only aspect of the game I'd say he was better in, it's not even close, Gerrard was better in pretty much every aspect.

To a non Liverpool supporter this would have a touch of Jelavic better than Suarez about it. Even on here it's not taken very seriously, but then again maybe that's not the intention either.

Yep!