You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

welcoming the coach Saturday

kop77

Didn't it have the exact opposite effect against Chelsea when you were going for the title a few years back?

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach  " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

No, our captain slipped. Haven't you had a chance to sing the song yet?

Didn't it have the exact opposite effect against Chelsea when you were going for the title a few years back?

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

Yeah mate. Defo the fans fault, that.

It's not manufactured. These things happen as naturally as is logically possible.

I don't know why thousands of people can't just naturally converge at one spot on the road all at the same time, and randomly coincide that with the team bus driving past. Better than organising it beforehand like a bunch of wools.

• Upvote 2

Do the players deserve it? Questionable.

Does this great club deserve it? Yes.

Could it help add to a sense of togetherness that we need after an iffy start? Yes.

Could it inspire the players to give an extra few percent? Yes.

(Obviously they should be giving their max anyway, but I really feel the 12th man, if on top form, can gee up the other eleven and help lift them higher).

It's a good idea, and could be a spark behind a good run.

• Upvote 3

By paying £50 a ticket and circa £1k for a season ticket should be enough to show their intent. How about the pansies on the pitch do their job as well?

Nobody is forcing anyone to go and stand on the street to welcome the bus.

If people pay their money to just sit there and be entertained then it's no wonder anfield is as miserable as this place 90% of the time.

Better atmosphere = better results.

• Upvote 2

I've been around a few years but, for me, supporting this Club is not about watching, it is about taking part.

Anything we can do to influence the outcome should be compulsory.

Get down there and make a noise!

Exactly. It's a large part of what makes us great.

I don't know why thousands of people can't just naturally converge at one spot on the road all at the same time, and randomly coincide that with the team bus driving past. Better than organising it beforehand like a bunch of wools.

Just my opinion.

In 2014 it happened because we were on a great run and that inspired the connection between the fans and players. Dortmund was special because European nights at Anfield can be.

Personally I think it will look forced and artificial but I don't have a problem with it as such.

Just my opinion.

In 2014 it happened because we were on a great run and that inspired the connection between the fans and players. Dortmund was special because European nights at Anfield can be.

Personally I think it will look forced and artificial but I don't have a problem with it as such.

That's right. Spirit is good but no real context here: flags & flares to league title run ins, European Cup & UEFA Cup finals, but when the context is welcoming Leicester City as League Champions with one of the lowest points totals this century while we still lumber 25 years on its a bit grim.

That's right. Spirit is good but no real context here: flags & flares to league title run ins, European Cup & UEFA Cup finals, but when the context is welcoming Leicester City as League Champions with one of the lowest points totals this century while we still lumber 25 years on its a bit grim.

It's treating every home game like it's 3 points. Something we've forgotten and probably a big reason we haven't won the league is that we've dropped far too many points at home over the years and frequently to teams like Leicester who of course managed to win the Premier league with the best home record in the league.

It's not about welcoming them. It's about doing everything to beat them and everyone else who comes to anfield this year.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach  " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

How many times has it helped us? The two derbies against Everton that both ended 4-0. The Dortmund comeback at Anfield, the Villareal comeback, the Man City game at Anfield in 2014, the 11 game win streak in 2014, the game at Anfield vs Chelsea in 2005 and 2007.

The amount of times we've won when the atmosphere's been frenetic at Anfield clearly shows it has a very significant effect. 

• Upvote 2

How many times has it helped us? The two derbies against Everton that both ended 4-0. The Dortmund comeback at Anfield, the Villareal comeback, the Man City game at Anfield in 2014, the 11 game win streak in 2014, the game at Anfield vs Chelsea in 2005 and 2007.

The amount of times we've won when the atmosphere's been frenetic at Anfield clearly shows it has a very significant effect. 

Agree re the atmosphere in the ground.  But clapping a bus arrival?  Each to their own. 

Nobody is forcing anyone to go and stand on the street to welcome the bus.

If people pay their money to just sit there and be entertained then it's no wonder anfield is as miserable as this place 90% of the time.

Better atmosphere = better results.

Better players + better attitude= better results.

Fuckin millionaires kicking a ball around and cannot get motivated for it without some help. Fuck the lot of the cunts off if they cant be arsed. Everything done for them and they need somebody to encourage them to do better. Jesus wept. No wonder players from the likes of Iceland show some of these tarts up.

Better players + better attitude= better results.

Fuckin millionaires kicking a ball around and cannot get motivated for it without some help. Fuck the lot of the cunts off if they cant be arsed. Everything done for them and they need somebody to encourage them to do better. Jesus wept. No wonder players from the likes of Iceland show some of these tarts up.

I understand the principle of what you're saying, but there's no denying that a fanatical noise can both inspire supported players and intimidate opposition players.

It's been well documented in various interviews and autobiographies.

Organising a rousing welcome is no more artificial than anything the game has offered in the past 20 years.  In fact, it's more organic than most things.

I'm all for it.

• Upvote 2