You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2017 transfer window

Captain

We have 4 full backs in the squad, none of whom are injured, plus Gomes and stop-gap Klavan who can play there.

Mane misses a few weeks in a squad where Origi and Sturridge don't get a start, with Ojo back in training.

I'd advise you to re-evaluate your expectations.

I don't have expectations due to, well, FSG being FSG. I do hold out hope though, probably until noon on transfer deadline day.

I'm interested to know however, as you alluded to above, if you still don't think we should strengthen this window, particularly at full back and up front?

• Upvote 1

The last time we were in such a good position FSG wouldn't shell out the cash and it ultimately cost us as the team ran out of gas in the home straight, suarez especially. 

That's not really true, though, is it?  Did anyone at the club even try to sign players in the positions we needed?  Or were they too busy spunking £21m on Alberto, Aspas and Illori?

As for running out of gas, the last 14 games were 12 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat.  I wouldn't mind being that shit for the end of this season.

• Upvote 3

The last time we were in such a good position FSG wouldn't shell out the cash and it ultimately cost us as the team ran out of gas in the home straight, suarez especially. The signs are there already that the team is getting tired and there is practically no cover once a few injuries kick in.

Doubt any of this bothers them too much either way.

Yeah, Salah. Who's now fucking boss and would've helped us massively this season during Coutinho's absence. Penny pinching bastardos.

I don't have expectations due to, well, FSG being FSG. I do hold out hope though, probably until noon on transfer deadline day.

I'm interested to know however, as you alluded to above, if you still don't think we should strengthen this window, particularly at full back and up front?

I think we need a much better level of player. Probably in every position. I can think of players in the very league that would easily play ahead of our second team and a majority of the first team.

The difference is Kloppo wants to give players a chance and we have a squad with pathways for the youngsters planned out.

I can't see Klopp buying unless it's to replace players, and that would only include Lucas, Sakho, Moreno, Mignolet, Stewart, Ings and Sturridge.

Which means we would need to sell these in order to bring in anyone in. And that's where my expectations tell me it's unlikely we'll buy anyone.

Lucas and Stewart leave and we'll probably buy a midfielder. Ojo and Gomes will get chances for sure, so I can't see a centre back or winger.

I can't see anyone else leaving either. At least not permanently.

Yeah, Salah. Who's now fucking boss and would've helped us massively this season during Coutinho's absence. Penny pinching bastardos.

In much the same way that Mario Balotelli is boss now.

Salah had 18 months in England: 13 league games and 2 goals.  He doesn't give me sleepless nights, crying over what might have been.

I think we need a much better level of player.

I can't see Klopp buying unless it's to replace players, and that would only include Lucas, Sakho, Moreno, Mignolet, Stewart, Ings and Sturridge.

Which means we would need to sell these in order to bring in anyone in.

Well that's kinda the point I was making originally, that if FSG were to loosen the purse strings we shouldn't need to sell to buy a better level of player than Moreno and Ings certainly, and possibly Sturridge too in terms of reliability.

If you fear that FSG won't loosen the purse strings then you're agreeing with my whole point. Or are you somehow trying to say that if Klopp had the funds available he'd still choose not to upgrade on Moreno and Ings at this stage, even though they may not be in our long-term plans and we're in the hunt for the league title?

Klopps already spoken about the lack of attacking options.

When we don't sign anyone this window it won't be down to him believing in Ojo.

Of course he'll have far too much class to call out the owners & he shouldn't need too after every window theyve dicked the club over, it's clear as day.

• Upvote 1