You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - shitcoat to Utd.

“Mlily has an established track record of producing a high quality product. We want to make the best use of the latest technology and expertise that can help our team, which in this case is the sleep and recovery of players."

Ha ha, no wonder they keep losing and drawing. They're not getting enough kip. Will they turn the corner now?

If Mourinho doesn't get it together soon, all he will have left is China. His stock is rapidly plummeting and there will be nowhere else for him to go.

I want them to do well enough to have the hope of top four all season long, only to just fall short at the end. A couple of seasons at that level, then a slow drift out to 6th-8th as their prospects diminish would do me.

If Mourinho doesn't get it together soon, all he will have left is China. His stock is rapidly plummeting and there will be nowhere else for him to go.

I want them to do well enough to have the hope of top four all season long, only to just fall short at the end. A couple of seasons at that level, then a slow drift out to 6th-8th as their prospects diminish would do me.

He's still got the population of France he can make hate him before China.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the owners sacked Rodgers when they did to make sure they stopped the mancs getting Klopp first.

I could believe that. Klopp said he wanted a year off so we started the new season with Rodgers. But presumably, after a few holidays and a few months away, Klopp's batteries were recharged and we reaped the benefit.

At the time it was slightly harsh on Rodgers, I thought, since if you start a new season you should be backed until, say Christmas, to see what's what. But on the other hand, the signs weren't good when added to what we saw the previous season. So when Klopp became available the right decision was made.

If the timing kept him away from Man Utd, so much the better.

I could believe that. Klopp said he wanted a year off so we started the new season with Rodgers. But presumably, after a few holidays and a few months away, Klopp's batteries were recharged and we reaped the benefit.

At the time it was slightly harsh on Rodgers, I thought, since if you start a new season you should be backed until, say Christmas, to see what's what. But on the other hand, the signs weren't good when added to what we saw the previous season. So when Klopp became available the right decision was made.

If the timing kept him away from Man Utd, so much the better.

Rodgers was lucky as fuck to not be sacked after the stoke disaster.

As soon as it was obvious LVG was gone at the end of the season the owners acted.

• Upvote 1

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the owners sacked Rodgers when they did to make sure they stopped the mancs getting Klopp first.

I think Klopp chose us. Parry and the rest of those clowns wouldn't have had a hope in hell of recruiting him had he doubts 

Klopp was lined up before Rodgers was sacked in my opinion , feelers were put out , because as soon as Rodgers was history the only name we kept hearing was Klopp .

Thank God we got him the thought of him turning those shower of twats around isn't worth thinking .

Klopp was lined up before Rodgers was sacked in my opinion , feelers were put out , because as soon as Rodgers was history the only name we kept hearing was Klopp .

Thank God we got him the thought of him turning those shower of twats around isn't worth thinking .

Put the shits up me more than any Hallowe'en story I've ever heard.

Guest Pistonbroke

It's probably not to far off the truth this. Klopp wanted a longer break away from the game but around the time just before Rodgers demise he was getting itchy feet to return to the game. 

It's probably not to far off the truth this. Klopp wanted a longer break away from the game but around the time just before Rodgers demise he was getting itchy feet to return to the game. 

I'm not sure that Klopp would have been interested in the United job, but I think 100% that we would have felt him out in the summer.  I'm almost certain that if he hadn't wanted a break but had expressed any interest whatsoever in the job that Rodgers would have been out.  

It was when he said he wanted a bit of a rest that the owners probably thought "well, not sure who we could get that would be that big a step up from Brendan."  And then it worked out well when he fell flat again right about the time that Klopp was ready to get back to work.

Deffo this. And I think he was promised the remainder of last season to find his feet. Anywhere else would have demanded instant results. Maybe.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm not sure that Klopp would have been interested in the United job, but I think 100% that we would have felt him out in the summer.  I'm almost certain that if he hadn't wanted a break but had expressed any interest whatsoever in the job that Rodgers would have been out.  

It was when he said he wanted a bit of a rest that the owners probably thought "well, not sure who we could get that would be that big a step up from Brendan."  And then it worked out well when he fell flat again right about the time that Klopp was ready to get back to work.

Klopp was also on record stating he wanted, and was more suited to take over at a club that was more in tune with the working class fan. Not sure about him not taking the United job, but clubs like Bayern, Real, Chelsea et all had no chance of landing him should they have tried. 

Klopp was also on record stating he wanted, and was more suited to take over at a club that was more in tune with the working class fan. Not sure about him not taking the United job, but clubs like Bayern, Real, Chelsea et all had no chance of landing him should they have tried. 

Yes,  He effectively chose us I am sure, Probably saw Rodgers was on the clock and put out a few feelers. I doubt the Mancs were ever on his radar and the deluded twats just like to think he would have creamed himself had they approached him first