You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

V West Ham

Gym Beglin

Shearer nailing it on motd about how Benteke gets in the box and we don't deliver ball in so next time he comes short and we put a ball in..

Just no understanding - whereas West Ham players knew the ball was coming in and were there to meet it.

4 years ago we were having the same conversation about carroll. unless the ball was landed plum on his napper he wasn't gonna be anywhere near it.

• Upvote 1

There's the crux of it. Our attacking mids have the mindset to not make those runs as they've probably been drilled by the previous management team not to in order to cover the deficiencies of our midfield.

It's a clusterfuck. In my opinion, this season, Rodgers tried to set his teams up to not lose, not to win. Flood the midfield, rely on Coutinho to create something and hopefully have a target man as an outlet. Benteke probably was meant to be an upgrade on Lambert or Balloteli. It's a mid table mentallity, and due to Rodgers not having any idea how to build a team that way, nor any defensive nous, led to the unbalanced mess we see now.

Dont think he thought anything beyond Benteke has this good record at scoring goals in the league i.e Premier league proven . Buy him and worry about him fitting in later.

His card is marked

• Upvote 1

2 Nathaniel Clyne Keep

3 Jose Enrique Jib

4 Kolo Toure Jib

6 Dejan Lovren Keep

7 James Milner Jib

9 Christian Benteke Jib

10 Philippe Coutinho Keep

11 Roberto Firmino Keep

12 Joe Gomez Keep

14 Jordan Henderson Keep

15 Daniel Sturridge Keep

17 Mamadou Sakho Jib

18 Alberto Moreno Jib

20 Adam Lallana Jib

21 Lucas Leiva Jib

22 Simon Mignolet Jib

23 Emre Can Keep

24 Joe Allen Jib

27 Divock Origi Keep

28 Danny Ings Keep

33 Jordon Ibe Keep

37 Martin Skrtel Jib

38 Jon Flanagan Keep

46 Jordan Rossiter Keep

53 Joao Carlos Teixera Keep

Also jib all the first team squad players who are on loan like Markovic, Balotelli and Wisdom et al.

I would jib a lot more. But if you only let le jib one out of everyone currently on our books then it would be Firmino and you have him ad a keep

I don't think I've hated a player more than him ever

I would jib a lot more. But if you only let le jib one out of everyone currently on our books then it would be Firmino and you have him ad a keep

I don't think I've hated a player more than him ever

Seriously? I'm fed up with him as well, but off the top of my head, in recent memory...

Poulsen

Konchesky

Joe Cole

Charlie Adam

Stanley Devastating

Phillip DeGeneres

TV isn't helping us either.

Weds night, Sat, Tues, Fri is a ridiculous schedule - we look knackered and tiredness with a weak bunch of players is a deadly mix.

This is the icing on the shit cake really, if we were playing well it wouldn't be too much of a problem but we have literally no options to rotate meaningfully at the moment.

This is the icing on the shit cake really, if we were playing well it wouldn't be too much of a problem but we have literally no options to rotate meaningfully at the moment.

It must be having an effect on any pressing/energetic play as well.

Yes they are weak shithouses but if they were fresher we might see something more like a Klopp side from them - albeit with the obvious limitations.