You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inequality

AngryOfTuebrook

Dunno. I'm not arsed about the minor details as long as two principles are maintained: tax should be progressive, so that those who can afford it pay a larger proportion; and unearned income (derived from ownership of assets) is taxed more heavily than earned income (derived from work).

so a difference of 1% or .25% would be acceptable

I think Hades was pointing out that the US Army, a publicly funded institution, had invented lots of stuff, after you saying public services were boring and should invent stuff.

But maybe I am the point misser.

I think you're right - so I made a sarcastic comeback to try to engage him on the original point - which was Britains lack of cool stuff.

Get it?

• 2 months later...

I'll give you one to start -- American Cheese.

It's not american, its not even fuckin cheese - but we sell it by the truckload.

You go next.

Feel like Fish and Chips would have been apropos here:

It is some shite fish and potatoes served with vinegar --- should be able to carve out a niche here

Kanye needs to go right over the edge and shoot Trump before either turning the gun on himself or getting a lead enema off orange mans security.

I'd call that a win win, and would probably have a number of wanks to the news articles covering the incident.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...