You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone else miss rodger?

dennis tooth

Calling Rodgers a twat or whatever is uncalled for.

He tried his best, even though the job was miles too big for him. Never once has he bad-mouthed the club, and has always spoken of the privilege it was to manage us.

I wanted him gone as much as anyone. But he deserves the same respect from us as he has shown since the day he got the job.

• Upvote 10

He tried his best, even though the job was miles too big for him. Never once has he bad-mouthed the club, and has always spoken of the privilege it was to manage us.

I wanted him gone as much as anyone. But he deserves the same respect from us as he has shown since the day he got the job.

Is this mic on?

• Upvote 8

Good job you arent one of his tenants!

I can't be doing with having a go at Rodgers. At his best he had us playing great stuff and dreaming of the title. Unfortunately it all fizzled out and lost its way, so he lost his job.

If he gets another team in the Prem, and he probably will, then he should be welcomed back at Anfield by the fans whenever his new team comes to town.

We're moving forward and we have the best man in place for the job. Things are looking up. This is not the time to be small and have a go at the previous manager.

• Upvote 13

He took over the 8th best team in the country and was given the 5th largest budget to overhaul sides that were already miles ahead of us and massively outspending us to stay there. He came closer to lifting the title than any other manager we've had in the Premier League era and has left a decent squad behind for his successor.

He wasn't without his flaws and it was the right time for him to go but he certainly doesn't deserve some of the abuse he gets on here.

• Upvote 5

He wasn't without his flaws and it was the right time for him to go but he certainly doesn't deserve some of the abuse he gets on here.

No he doesn't . The owners made an ill advised decision not to appoint a manager that had the necessary experience to run a big squad at a big club. A lesson they have leaned a little late at great financial cost.

• Upvote 2

No he doesn't . The owners made an ill advised decision not to appoint a manager that had the necessary experience to run a big squad at a big club. A lesson they have leaned a little late at great financial cost.

If they had appointed a big name 3 years ago, it's far more likely that bloke would be getting dog's abuse on here now than them leading the team from 8th to 1st with half the budget of the teams 40 points up the table.

• Upvote 1

Klopp is everything you want and Im releived we have got him but i do feel in my heart of hearts that i miss rodgers partly because i enjoyed in his time as i did when hodgson was here to witness deluded people get behind mediocracy as a sign of our good lord sent down to finish second playing the best football since sliced bread warmed the cold bumcheeks of many a labourer. Grown men in footy shirts breaking into his house pulling up bathroom floorboards rolling in and cementing theirfaces to the bottom of his toilet bowl just to feel the plops skidding along their drowning faces as their cheering lungs suck in midly bleached water and diluted feaces flecked urine deep into their broccolli polypsical void with eyes glazed over like geordies, i enjoyed that awhile and miss this aspect, separated we see how they act better and oberve this amusingly, now it is united but what once wants and shaking off time it is more serious now like a proper club but i did enjoy and you tell me managers arent important its all about the players i mean what artist cant look after his paintbrushes and etch a sketch if your kids are leaving them down the side of the couch tell them to learn to be a doctor or astronaught as forget it youll never be an artist you wanker, or bitch, might be a lady. So don't do it again lads we were really shit under rodgers, a spurs, a cunt of a team with no horrible cunts, just fairweather felchers ferrying fannies around in nice cars, ive seen elderly ladies kicking footballs with more conviction back to kids in the street after its fell on her lawn than ive seen from these boys apart from the remnants of a era of being a top club most of which rodgers terminated and exited as calamtously as his early cup exits. I dont put second down to luis but how many of that team were his signings? In the end im sure to enjoy it all again from afar when he finds his level another set of fools with don their cone hats and make dribblers of themselfs, im resigned depressingly to inevitable success now that klopp is here its boring winning and i now look back fondly to the years we bucked that trend and were really shit.

Fuck off back to the TAAFMF.

• Upvote 1

If they had appointed a big name 3 years ago, it's far more likely that bloke would be getting dog's abuse on here now than them leading the team from 8th to 1st with half the budget of the teams 40 points up the table.

I sincerely doubt it. Klopp added to Suarez and the transfer budget Rodgers had would have seen us in a better position.

• Upvote 1

I can't be doing with having a go at Rodgers. At his best he had us playing great stuff and dreaming of the title. Unfortunately it all fizzled out and lost its way, so he lost his job.

If he gets another team in the Prem, and he probably will, then he should be welcomed back at Anfield by the fans whenever his new team comes to town.

We're moving forward and we have the best man in place for the job. Things are looking up. This is not the time to be small and have a go at the previous manager.

A generous assessment.

I agree that Rodgers should be spared the worst of our abuse. He was over-promoted, he lived the dream, he failed, and was found out.

But who wouldn’t have had a go? ( Even though he shouldn’t have had the chance in the first place).

As for his job prospects, I think you are being optimistic.

No top four, or top four, challenging side will risk a big transfer budget on him, nor would an aspiring Championship side- he can’t pick a player, and he isn’t a winner. No relegation threatened PL side would appoint him- he can’t manage a defence. No Euro qualified side would risk him- his record is awful.

We are really talking now Rotherham, Blackburn or Leeds grade jobs- or a spell abroad where he can learn his trade, make some contacts, broaden his experience, and win something.

Should he be “welcomed back”? With the fifth biggest budget in the league he finished 7th, 6th and 2nd, and humiliated us in three Euro campaigns in which we were the biggest club ( the Europa).

My view is that upon his return, probably managing Bolton, he should be offered a cup of tea and a sandwich.

• Upvote 1

I have no ill will towards him. He should be ranked somewhere below Rafa and Ged and above Kenny's second tenure, Hodgson, Evans and Souness. Decent manager.

He's also left us with a very useable squad, unlike a lot of managers that leave us with tonnes of deadwood. His last transfer window was his second best, ironically.

• Upvote 2

I have to admit that I was quite hopeful for Rodgers , though that programme of them in Boston etc pissed me off,but it wasn't to be and slagging him off is not so good , though I won't feel sorry for him as he's very wealthy but he was respectful to the club and its tradition I think, though not so respectful in particular signings but he's gone now and its best probably left alone.

And yes that Suarez under Klopp thought has planted a seed in my head that previously wasn't there but now I'm thinking what if , would he of stayed a bit longer. fucksake

console yourself with the knowledge that he wasnt gonna leave in 2012 or 2013. He may have beem tempted to leave them in 14 but suarez was sold for 3 main reasons. We got 75 odd million for him. He d just bitten someone for the 2nd time while at the club. He desperately wanted to move to barca where his wifes family live.

I have no ill will towards him. He should be ranked somewhere below Rafa and Ged and above Kenny's second tenure, Hodgson, Evans and Souness. Decent manager.

He's also left us with a very useable squad, unlike a lot of managers that leave us with tonnes of deadwood. His last transfer window was his second best, ironically.

KK would have to rank above Brendan for his Cup win.

I agree that his last window was a good one. I don't think the squad is that bad, it is just that he was not up to managing it.