You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp Kopped.

thompsonsnose

I honestly do not get the love in with him. There's been quite a few games we've blew were he should have took a lot of the blame but a few swear words, a saucy grin and running his hands through his hair has our fans swooning like teenage girls at a Justin beiber concert. Ancelloti is who we needed. Buys the players hthe team needs and wins the big shiny pots. None of this re-inventing the wheel shite that has proven to get us nowhere.

• Downvote 1

I honestly do not get the love in with him. There's been quite a few games we've blew were he should have took a lot of the blame but a few swear words, a saucy grin and running his hands through his hair has our fans swooning like teenage girls at a Justin beiber concert. Ancelloti is who we needed. Buys the players hthe team needs and wins the big shiny pots. None of this re-inventing the wheel shite that has proven to get us nowhere.

I somewhat agree with you. Klopp is a good manager and it's not like he was a bad choice, but at the end of the day Ancelotti is the one we really needed to get back to the elite because he's someone who can attract top players wherever he goes.

Klopp's got issues with his tactics. I don't think he's been "found out" per se, but we've had major problems creating chances against teams who don't allow themselves to be pressed and play it long. Not only that, but the midfield he's building is nonsensical and we're still terrible at the back (although we'll get more solid with Matip and Karius in there for sure). All in all, he's been alright in his time here but he still has much to fix.

• Downvote 1

Here we fucking go.........

No one should be beyond criticism and that includes the manager.

He's not had a full season though yet so it would be unfair to give him too much shit but there are a few glaringly obvious issues within this team that he has not addressed, which are bound to piss people off.

I love Klopp as much as I love the club. But after 26 years Im getting tired of all these false dawns and to be honest, apart from 2014, we're not even getting to the false dawn stage!

I can just about accept there are some games when you could play all day and all night and not score. What I dont understand is why we have to suffer until around 60 - 65 minutes before a manager decides to make a change when even someone like me can see the tactics arent working after 30 minutes.

Why arent we signing a new left back as a priority? His first choice left back was dropped at the first opportunity for Milner yet we arent looking to sign anyone? I cant believe there isnt a player in the Championship never mind the Bundesliga, Eredivisie who isnt better at defending than moreno.

The most bewildering thing is, after 10 months with these players he has more faith in them and not less. I don't understand that at all, the Sevilla final was a pretty painful illustration of what this team doesn't have, and I expected him to try and fix that this summer.

It's been endemic with all of our managers since we last win the league, that after having one half decent season, instead of capitalising on it and buying the 2 class players we need, they get above themselves and throw even more money at shite players we don't need in positions we don't need to fill in the hope they come good so they can look like this managerial messiah. Souness, Houllier, Rafa, Kenny, Rodgers and now Klopp are all guilty of it. I'll never understand why our fans say out all your trust in the manager anymore after all we've seen over the years.

https://youtu.be/FRvrr7n0YmY

The defending and goalkeeping was FUCKING awful.

For the first goal you look at the space Vokes was in, on the edge of our area. Also note the hospital ball from Clyne to put us under totally unnecessary pressure. How on earth can Klopp get his team to press the opposition from defence when Klopp can't rely on a full back to complete a 10 yard pass to a teammate without it fucking his plan up? Lovren was nowhere near him, Klavan was exposed, and even then Vokes shot was down the middle of the goal.

The second goal was worse. Klavan shit out of the first challenge in midfield, then got back into position only to be easily bypassed again before shooting.

Our back four and goalkeeper never gave their teammates a chance to win today. Self sabotage, hapless unprofessionalism, total fucking idiots.

That said, the attackers could be less static, less predictable, less weak, and actually try to work out a way to get shots on goal.

• Upvote 1

https://youtu.be/FRvrr7n0YmY

The defending and goalkeeping was FUCKING awful.

For the first goal you look at the space Vokes was in, on the edge of our area. Also note the hospital ball from Clyne to put us under totally unnecessary pressure. How on earth can Klopp get his team to press the opposition from defence when Klopp can't rely on a full back to complete a 10 yard pass to a teammate without it fucking his plan up? Lovren was nowhere near him, Klavan was exposed, and even then Vokes shot was down the middle of the goal.

The second goal was worse. Klavan shit out of the first challenge in midfield, then got back into position only to be easily bypassed again before shooting.

Our back four and goalkeeper never gave their teammates a chance to win today. Self sabotage, hapless unprofessionalism, total fucking idiots.

That said, the attackers could be less static, less predictable, less weak, and actually try to work out a way to get shots on goal.

Oh just fuck off with that shite defending. Plenty of opportunities to stop both those goals. When clyne's ball is intercepted, cant see who exactly but some soft shite in yellow lets the burnley player turn inside. Not sure if mignolet could do much about it but he looks pretty flat footed.

The second even after klavan's piss poor challenge, the lad still manages to waltz inside a couple of our players and mignolet again doesnt look good.

The most bewildering thing is, after 10 months with these players he has more faith in them and not less. I don't understand that at all, the Sevilla final was a pretty painful illustration of what this team doesn't have, and I expected him to try and fix that this summer.

Yep.  That's the most depressing part of the whole circus.  Wouldn't have happened in Paisley's day. 

The defending was a concern last season. We conceded the same as Watford and one less than Palace last year. Now I think Mignolet is useless but it's becoming apparent it is much more than that a team issue.

These are some sobering stats.

Andrew Beasley ‏@BassTunedToRed

Most times conceded 2+ away from home in the PL since Klopp took over:

10 - Villa

9 - Sunderland, West Ham, Liverpool.

Andrew Beasley ‏@BassTunedToRed

Liverpool have conceded 2+ fourteen times in Klopp's thirty-two league games.

Now as I said in the match thread Klopp has had Dortmund concede a miserly 22 and 25 in a 34 game season in his title winning seasons. So we know he's no fool. Even in the away Europa games he did a solid job against; Manchester United, Villarreal, Dortmund and Augsberg in striking the right balance.

Over the course of a season you need to be able to defend well. Until we can defend well as a team we will have problems.

I appreciate Klopp is trying to win every game and sets his team up accordingly. Against certain teams we need a bit of tweaking. You can't blow every team apart. I get the feeling we are so fixated on being in the right positions to attack it is leaving us vulnerable defensively.

I'm sure Klopp will get the right balance but don't blag us that there aren't better players that we could bring into the team/squad. Although I get the feeling part of the modern day managers job is managing expectations regarding transfers direct from the owners.

Why do people turn quicker than milk on Liverpool managers? Very very weird.

'Anyone but Rodgers, we need a proven manager' and ten months in and people are having doubts over that proven manager. I don't get it.

No one doubts that anyone else could do a better job than Klopp. But clear errors in transfer strategy should be called out for the clear errors that they are.

No one doubts that anyone else could do a better job than Klopp. But clear errors in transfer strategy should be called out for the clear errors that they are.

I'm not talking about that though. It's the same with every manager. A bad result into the first season where they can be properly judge and people start getting edgy because we're not Barcelona. It happened with Rodgers but we were told 'it's because he's not won anything and if he was a proven manager we can forgive his mistakes' yet that's Klopp now and I can see the same pattern emerging. 

I'm not talking about that though. It's the same with every manager. A bad result into the first season where they can be properly judge and people start getting edgy because we're not Barcelona. It happened with Rodgers but we were told 'it's because he's not won anything and if he was a proven manager we can forgive his mistakes' yet that's Klopp now and I can see the same pattern emerging.

You see the same pattern emerging with the managers, others see the same pattern emerging with the players. Namely, great performance one week against a strong side but with obvious flaws that need fixing, the next week against supposed cannon fodder we rock up and get taught a lesson. Except we don't learn the lesson and haven't in about 25 years. Makes you a bit edgy. Klopp doesn't want to tie his reputation to Jordan Henderson and Alberto Moreno, nothing good will come from it. But he is trying at the moment.

Yep.  That's the most depressing part of the whole circus.  Wouldn't have happened in Paisley's day.

in one. I've harped on about it before, but Ancelotti is the one manager out there who reminds me of Bob. Quiet, unassuming, class act with the media and other managers, yet fucking ruthless when it comes to winning what counts. We needed a Paisley instead of a shankly when we sacked Rodgers.
  • Upvote 1

Yes, but if you're any good you don't lose 0-2 to Burnley looking completely clueless both going forward and at the back. No one's asking us to be Barca but a result like that will have people questionning what the manager is doing. I thought we would do well this season, but this result, coupled with Milner playing at left back, Henderson playing as the #6 and our general inability to create anything against a glorified Championship squad is immensely concerning to watch.

He needs to buy more players and adjust his tactics, it's that simple. We aren't good enough as it is.

• Downvote 1

in one. I've harped on about it before, but Ancelotti is the one manager out there who reminds me of Bob. Quiet, unassuming, class act with the media and other managers, yet fucking ruthless when it comes to winning what counts. We needed a Paisley instead of a shankly when we sacked Rodgers.

Decent record in the Champions league. For league titles? Meh.

You see the same pattern emerging with the managers, others see the same pattern emerging with the players. Namely, great performance one week against a strong side but with obvious flaws that need fixing, the next week against supposed cannon fodder we rock up and get taught a lesson. Except we don't learn the lesson and haven't in about 25 years. Makes you a bit edgy. Klopp doesn't want to tie his reputation to Jordan Henderson and Alberto Moreno, nothing good will come from it. But he is trying at the moment.

Maybe people need to learn these problems run long deeper than whoever manager then and always have done? Because I think it does.