You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

SlugTrail

I see some posters saing we had no-one making any runs last night.  Lallana, despite playing deeper, made a couple of dozen runs beyond the defence and received the ball once.  I didn't see anyone else, including Sturridge, making runs and trying to pull their defence out of shape.  They had it too easy.  

Nah, lallana didnt get any support because he was too fucking busy slagging young alexander arnold off.

Thought Can had a good game last night and was unlucky to be hooked.

Agree on Lallana. Can was better second half but as we all know should never play alongside Henderson. He needs to do a lot more or he will be off as he won't get a new contract on this seasons efforts.

He wasn't having a go at Arnold. He was clearly screaming for the ball off Milner because he was in acres. Milner turned around and went to Arnold who clearly wasn't the right option. Arnold then to his credit tried to hit Lallana from his position and overhit it. The camera zoomed in on Lallana and he was quite clearly shouting Milly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Agree on Lallana. Can was better second half but as we all know should never play alongside Henderson. He needs to do a lot more or he will be off as he won't get a new contract on this seasons efforts.

Can played one good ball in the 3rd half. That was all he Contributed positively

Can played one good ball in the 3rd half. That was all he Contributed positively

To be fair mate he made a few runs and was more positive. I was a big fan but he has gone backwards and needs to shape up, pronto. Henderson was the pass the buck shithouse he has seemingly become. Put all the best attributes of those two and Wijnaldum together and you may have a player.

Guest Pistonbroke

To be fair mate he made a few runs and was more positive. I was a big fan but he has gone backwards and needs to shape up, pronto. Henderson was the pass the buck shithouse he has seemingly become. Put all the best attributes of those two and Wijnaldum together and you may have a player.

Putting them in a melting pot could actually be the best way to go about things. 

I see some posters saing we had no-one making any runs last night.  Lallana, despite playing deeper, made a couple of dozen runs beyond the defence and received the ball once.  I didn't see anyone else, including Sturridge, making runs and trying to pull their defence out of shape.  They had it too easy.  

there were 2 reasons we couldnt find the runners, those reasons are called Emre and Jordan. 2 shit the bed, pass back, crap touch with no creativity and no balls overrated tosspots. i dont like slagging players off but they both have to go, they are not of the required standard.

I would keep Henderson and Wijnaldum, but sell Can. He can be upgraded with someone else from the Bundesliga - Gnabry is an interesting shout, or perhaps we will be back to try again for Dahoud, or it could be Bender, or Forsberg, or maybe we will go to Portugal for Neves. Who knows? But I would sell Can and get someone else. 

Henderson is a good player to my mind. Don't get me wrong, not as good as some of the midfielders we've had, obviously, but he's a solid citizen. He is having a slight lull in form but I wonder if his other heel is bothering him. Also, when he plays with Can it takes something off his game. I wouldn't mind seeing Can sold and someone better come in. 

Oh, and since this is the Adam Lallana thread, he's been very good most of this season in the midfield. Like several others he seems to have gone off the boil a bit, and I thought I saw him shout at TAA against Southampton which, on the one hand I didn't like because TAA is a youngster, but then on the other hand, TAA should take it as a compliment as he's too good to be treated with kid gloves. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

AnfieldHQ @AnfieldHQ

Talks between Lallana and his representatives are at an advanced stage & he is to shortly pen a deal worth £150,000 a week. (Chris Bascombe)

He'd be extended until 2021. The new deal is well-deserved, Imo, but those are some high wages.

He should be the best paid player at the club. 

Very good footballer, despite his recent fall in form like the rest of them.

Still, I don't think anybody doubted that he'd be here next season.

We need the cursed blessing of a players like Suarez, Mascherano and Torres again - selfish winners who, in truth, probably don't hold the club and the shirt in the same esteem as Lallana and ourselves do.

If they bring us a few title challenges or better, I don't care if we're just a stepping stone. 

He's gonna revert to type after a couple of months and end up leaving on a free.

Even if we're just thinking about resale value it's fucking mental to think Lallana should be on the same money as Coutinho. Coutinho could easily be sold for twice as much as Lallana even if you take the "English player tax" into consideration.

• Upvote 1