You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Declaring war on Rodgers

Gym Beglin

I think Rodgers is in his death throes, but this post is utter AIDS.

So much wrong about it. And, let's not reinvent the past. Reina was a very good keeper. However, by the time Rodgers arrived, he was utterly woeful at that rather fundamental part of a keeper's game - actually saving fucking shots! Including those hit straight at him.

Reina wasn't great by the time Rodgers arrived, granted. But if you wanted a keeper to fit his philosophy of a sweeper keeper there aren't many better at that than Pepe. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Not a very good play on words, though is it?  It really is a disgrace of a thread.  And not in a Kevin D way.

Go and kick the cat, or shout at the kids.  Don't come on a Liverpool website saying you're "declaring war" on the manager.  It's way beyond your limited right.  The number of people who are jumping in on it should be ashamed of themselves as well.

Do I think he can turn it around?  No.  Do I want Klopp as our manger?  If only.  Would I come on a Liverpool website and start acting like a spoiled Chelsea fan?  No, as I've been a Liverpool supporter through thick and thin.

Go and attach your fleeting affiliation somewhere else.

Rafa Mk II then.  Yeah, alright.

Very few creditable points on this thread.

Every single poster on this forum has had a moment. I'm not a big fan of the OP but Jesus, stop trying to make yourself out as some super fan. 

I think Rodgers is in his death throes, but this post is utter AIDS.

So much wrong about it. And, let's not reinvent the past. Reina was a very good keeper. However, by the time Rodgers arrived, he was utterly woeful at that rather fundamental part of a keeper's game - actually saving fucking shots! Including those hit straight at him.

Whereas Mignolet is solid as a rock.

It's fine to say it was time to replace Reina, but look at what he's been replaced by? Someone who was so bad, for so long, that Rodgers dropped him for Brad Jones. 

Just let that sink in before you start throwing your hilarious #AIDSBANTZ around you fucking gimp.

In the last 14 Premier League games, we've collected 15 points, have scored 12 goals and conceded 24. Extrapolated over a season that's 41 points and 30 goals for.  If Hodgson had lasted a season he was on track for 48 points and 45 goals for. Kenny managed 52 points and 47 goals in the season he was sacked. 

Rafa's worst season was 63 points, 61 goals and a Europa League semi. If the idiots who forced him out are the same ones calling for Rodgers' head now, I have no sympathy. 

• Upvote 10

I've had enough of Rodgers but the players need to take their share of the criticism....i have never seen a more gutless lot in the shirt, just no fight in them and so many basic errors/doing things tentatively/weakly.

I am convinced that if they had a bit more bollocks about them we wouldn't be quite so deeply on the shite.

Totally agree, but the attitude of the team is down to the manager as well. They've got no belief in themselves and it comes out in their game, they don't know what they're supposed to be doing - a decent manager would get more out of them. Just like Kenny did when the   Owl got the arse - same squad, vastly different attitude.

Again though this comes down to the manager and owners signing the wrong players.

It's obvious that we needed major replacements for Carragher,Suarez and Gerrard, yet who did we go for? Lovren, Balotelli and Milner. I do think Milner is a decent player but nowhere near what was required. 

As much as I have had enough of Rodgers now, we will never go anywhere whilst these owners adopt the same transfer selection policy.

Considering the amount of wealth that City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have we will be very lucky to ever get in the top four. There is no chance of that happening on a consistent basis. Even if we do the players that helped us get there would only be sold to wealthier clubs.

FSG have made some terrible decisions in the past few years. Not sacking Rodgers this summer is only the start.

This all day long.

The lack of leaders is worrying. When we went 1 down yesterday Gerrard or Carra would've been screaming at the team to build them up get them going again. Who does that now? I like hendo but he's no captain. I like Milner but has he captained a side before?

Seems that all our leaders have now gone and its directly Rodgers fault that they haven't been replaced.

I want him gone

We knew the start of the season was going to be tough and we have been poor.

It is a tough league and I will say he is under pressure but we are not Man City who sack managers after three defeats.

He deserves until at least Christmas to get it sorted.

With 7 losses from the last 14 there is no way he should be here until Christmas. We will be in a relegation battle by then.

The obvious mistake was the ridiculous way we allowed him to shuffle the deckchairs in the summer. Since then its been a matter of damage limitation,despite a couple of wins to begin with. Once a manager goes downhill at a club,like Rodgers at the end of last season,there is rarely a way back,and trying to spend your way out of it needs the skill of having a good transfer record. Rodgers doesnt have this skill.

• Upvote 1

With 7 losses from the last 14 there is no way he should be here until Christmas. We will be in a relegation battle by then.

The obvious mistake was the ridiculous way we allowed him to shuffle the deckchairs in the summer. Since then its been a matter of damage limitation,despite a couple of wins to begin with. Once a manager goes downhill at a club,like Rodgers at the end of last season,there is rarely a way back,and trying to spend your way out of it needs the skill of having a good transfer record. Rodgers doesnt have this skill.

In many ways I agree but now that you have put the summers plan in place you have to give it a fair go.

If you wanted change it should have been done in the summer.

We have made our choice and we have to run with it. If it turns to shit (well more than it is just now,) I agree he goes but you have to give him and the new setup some time.

We knew the start of the season was going to be tough and we have been poor.

It is a tough league and I will say he is under pressure but we are not Man City who sack managers after three defeats.

He deserves until at least Christmas to get it sorted.

Sort what? This is it, not getting any better or different for that matter. He had 3 seasons to "sort it" out, look what have we done, what has the club won and most importnatly how we played? Even in the best 13-14 season our gamestyle was pure chaos. Chaos with goals. And it wasn't due to Rodgers' masterplan, was it?

It's been 4 years not 3 defeats.

The idea that players deserve some of the blame may be true but we've all started new jobs or had new tasks where you aren't quite sure what you are doing yet, you lack the confidence of going straight at it or making decisions even though you know the right thing to do its best to be sure and ask. That's how our players are, they don't know what they are supposed to be doing they are given roles they aren't too comfortable with, they are hesitant with decisions and ultimately sloppy. This is good players who have played for years who know exactly how to play football but the environment they play in leaves them bewildered

Rodgers would eat soup with a fork even though he has a spoon, it's bordering ridiculous. Playing two strikers because one upfront has struggled yet ends up pushing one striker on the left repeating the same mistake but at least two strikers where on the pitch on paper and then doing the substitute with another striker and repeating the same thing. Whatever his football vision is it doesn't work or at the very least he can't identify the components needed to make it work.

• Upvote 3

In many ways I agree but now that you have put the summers plan in place you have to give it a fair go.

If you wanted change it should have been done in the summer.

We have made our choice and we have to run with it. If it turns to shit (well more than it is just now,) I agree he goes but you have to give him and the new setup some time.

What plan would that be exactly?